2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Matter of fact, I think it might turn out like slaw mentioned earlier: as restrictions everywhere in the world ease by the week, by August the whole bubble thing might actually look silly/out of place, with maybe even other leagues coming back with full stadiums within weeks.

If that was the case, somehow fans are allowed back, the NBA and NHL would quickly pivot and "burst the bubble"
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That mindset is so 1950's. The players ARE owners. People keep forgetting this point. Even better than owners - they split the revenues, but don't share the burden of costs. A split of topline revenue is exponentially better than even an equity stake in some cases. And the players get extra money (sometimes far exceeding their revenue split.

I would guess that most of the players want their money.... but some of the elite players who are financially set for generations, and/or have lucrative endorsement deals that don't depend on them having to play, wouldn't mind chilling for awhile until Covid blows over.
      I mean most of what you said confirmed what I said. I think everyone in here knows how the NBA business generally is run. The owners have debts to pay and those debts have covenants which must be met. It's difficult to meet those covenants when you have no product to sell. That's just one aspect of this but an important one.

I wouldn't just assume that it is star players bowing out. When you have millions in the banks and millions "guaranteed" in the future, going into something like this quarantine when the goal is unattainable is not so appealing. You don't need to be worth $100M or more to feel this way. It comes down to how expensive ones lifestyle is, how they manage their money, what's important to them in life, etc.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Shit I thought it was Porzingis too.

Your boy lookin slim bertarapsfan
        i wonder how much Embiid has ballooned to ?
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

i wonder how much Embiid has ballooned to ?
          What are ya starin at my gut fer??

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Who's ready for slim Jokic?
            Looks like she is .....

Comment

man the weight loss really accentuates his comically massive dome

Comment

Me too; I've looked forward to that lineup since the Gasol trade. It's a defensive powerhouse that can make it extremely difficult for the other team. The only thing is that to make it work offensively Gasol (playing in the high post) and OG need to be confident from 3, otherwise you're hurting the space.

But defensively, man, that can literally force the opponent into long draughts and turn games around in our favour handily; all opponent plays that call for switches are mucked up, and it also makes it very difficult to run pick and roll on even drive-n-kicks because when you have OG at the two and Siakam as SF, they're fast and long enough to contest the three, while also helping pack the paint. Dealing with both Gasol and Serge inside, plus Lowry pesking around in the perimeter right at the beginning of the play, oof. Tough.
                totally. reckon it could be pretty effective against the bucks with marc and serge forming the giannis wall and OG and pascal scrambling out to shooters.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Looks like she is .....
                  Ayooo

Comment

• More dates are becoming formalized:

Comment

• Anybody else notice how theres like zero "water cooler buzz" for the return of sports? Nobody cares about NHL playoffs or nba playoffs or baseball returning, other than the usual hardcore

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Anybody else notice how theres like zero "water cooler buzz" for the return of sports? Nobody cares about NHL playoffs or nba playoffs or baseball returning, other than the usual hardcore
                        Too far away. Hell, the NHL doesn't even have a start date yet and the NBA is 7 weeks out. MLB may not even play, which is crazy but could happen.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Anybody else notice how theres like zero "water cooler buzz" for the return of sports? Nobody cares about NHL playoffs or nba playoffs or baseball returning, other than the usual hardcore
                          Have to wait for COVID 2.0 and BLM protests and people getting back to work to happen first. Certain percentage of NAB fans don't really care if they play this Summer too. And more will call the post season a stupid concept the second their team is knocked out.

Comment

• Can't wait to see the Jumbo Lineup again...

Comment

Damn, thought that was KP at first.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Matter of fact, I think it might turn out like slaw mentioned earlier: as restrictions everywhere in the world ease by the week, by August the whole bubble thing might actually look silly/out of place, with maybe even other leagues coming back with full stadiums within weeks.
                                Maybe. On the other hand things aren't going that great in Florida, I wonder if that won't factor into player decisions. From a coronavirus perspective, it's one of the worst states to host 'the bubble' in. We'll see where they're at in 4-6 weeks.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X