No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NBA is coming back in six weeks fellas.

Are we ready to chew up and spit out the east?

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• What’s the over/under on whether Avery Bradley is playing for the Lakers next year. I’m going to go 10%

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          What’s the over/under on whether Avery Bradley is playing for the Lakers next year. I’m going to go 10%
          The more I hear from Bradley and Irving I get more confused. It isn't clear to me that starting the NBA season and pursuing their goals are mutually exclusive nor do I understand how not returning to play would be productive in terms of achieving their socio-legal-economic goals for the black community. Are they simply trying to leverage a return to play to get the NBA and the owners to commit more money to particular causes/groups? Maybe that makes some sense but how in the world are 30 different owners, the league and a few hundred players going to agree on how that works?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The more I hear from Bradley and Irving I get more confused. It isn't clear to me that starting the NBA season and pursuing their goals are mutually exclusive nor do I understand how not returning to play would be productive in terms of achieving their socio-legal-economic goals for the black community. Are they simply trying to leverage a return to play to get the NBA and the owners to commit more money to particular causes/groups? Maybe that makes some sense but how in the world are 30 different owners, the league and a few hundred players going to agree on how that works?
            https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...491900416?s=19

I feel like the NBA does pretty well overall here, but maybe there are valid gaps the players see.

And yeah, I'm not sure to what degree a bunch of millionaires and billionaires need to get together on charitable and social initiatives - they've each got enough resources to do significant work on their own and in their own communities (and many already do). But again, maybe they see more that can be done, I don't know.
            ​​​
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...t-return-play/

Comment

• Raptors are the first team that are allowed to go to Florida. Going to be at florida golf coast university. I think they have to isolate when they first get there but maybe they will have a bit of a head start on the other teams practicing
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...491900416?s=19

I feel like the NBA does pretty well overall here, but maybe there are valid gaps the players see.

And yeah, I'm not sure to what degree a bunch of millionaires and billionaires need to get together on charitable and social initiatives - they've each got enough resources to do significant work on their own and in their own communities (and many already do). But again, maybe they see more that can be done, I don't know.
                  ​​​
                  Players should put up the cash first and propose a dollar for dollar matching by the owners that goes into an escrow Black Causes fund. That would be the fairest and quickest thing to do. They’re already splitting the revenue 50-50, so the same should apply on the spend side.

Comment

• Shams has a lot going on in his twitter feed about coming back. Really interested read if you guys care.

This one impacts the Raptors mostly:

Anyone been to Disney World? How is the Grand Destino compared to the others?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      Raptors are the first team that are allowed to go to Florida. Going to be at florida golf coast university. I think they have to isolate when they first get there but maybe they will have a bit of a head start on the other teams practicing
                      The spike in cases in southern florida has to be a concern for some of those Raptor players.. it would be for me. It's too bad they can't find a practice court closer to Orlando for them where the rate of infection isn't as high.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Shams has a lot going on in his twitter feed about coming back. Really interested read if you guys care.

This one impacts the Raptors mostly:

Anyone been to Disney World? How is the Grand Destino compared to the others?
                        The Floridian is quite nice. Stayed there for a wedding. The Yacht Club is definitely a step down. The Raps one is really new.

Comment

• And so it begins....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            And so it begins....

Such an idea fits in perfectly with Trump ultra capitalistic views. It would be interesting to see what Trump would say.

Anyway, if it were ever going to happen then now would be that time.

Edit: where is LeBron on the idea? He has the power to make it or break it.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jun 17, 2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              And so it begins....

He's fuckin nuts.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Players can and do buy into ownership.

I'd take these ideas differently coming from anyone other than Kyrie. He's a shit disturber, regardless of context, until proven otherwise. With flat earth he admitted as much. He's now disrupted every locker room he's been a part of in the NBA. The guy just knows how to function one way.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X