2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Perk on most of his takes
    "If you take Kyrie Irving's brain and put it in a bird right now ... it's going to fly backwards."

Kendrick Perkinsjust EVISCERATED Kyrie Irving on national television ... ripping the Brooklyn Nets star for urging NBA players to back out of finishing the season in Orlando.Although, Perkins said he'd give Kyrie the benefit of the doubt ... but still blasted him for putting the idea out there without thinking two steps ahead.

"What is the plan after that? He didn't have one!" Perkins said. "So once again, that showed his lack of leadership."

Kendrick says he believes Kyrie has taken away from the BLM movement with his statements ... going scorched-earth on the former champ in a nearly three-minute rant.

"Kyrie Irving, right now, you are the distraction!" Perkins said. "You're distracting the whole situation. It's crazy to me."Kendrick says if Kyrie really felt passionate about all of this, he should have contacted the proper NBPA reps and developed a thoughtful plan instead."It makes zero sense," Perkins said. "And I totally disagree with Kyrie Irving."
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Perk is awesome.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Such an idea fits in perfectly with Trump ultra capitalistic views. It would be interesting to see what Trump would say.

Anyway, if it were ever going to happen then now would be that time.

Edit: where is LeBron on the idea? He has the power to make it or break it.
        There is no power to make it; it would be an epic fail.

A dozen multi millionaire players can't create and sustain what takes 30 billionaires to do.
        And believe it or not, companies like Nike and Adidas need the Yankees, Cowboys and Lakers more than they need even lebron since he'll be done in a few years or less.

The absolute fastest way the NBA union could implode would be for the elite players to try and run the league, most assuredly at the expense of the 90% lower levels. jmo

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

A dozen multi millionaire players can't create and sustain what takes 30 billionaires to do.
          And believe it or not, companies like Nike and Adidas need the Yankees, Cowboys and Lakers more than they need even lebron since he'll be done in a few years or less.

The absolute fastest way the NBA union could implode would be for the elite players to try and run the league, most assuredly at the expense of the 90% lower levels. jmo
          Neither the owner nor the player is as important as they think they are.

the only thing that matters at the end of the day is the fans, and their wallets.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

People do deals for hundreds of millions without spending their own capital.

BIG3 is owned by two guys and sure, it's not the NBA but it is something. Neither are billionaires. If those players in the NBA players union truly wanted "freedom" they have all the capital and clout now to pull it off soon but they could start building it today. They would need to bring in the right people to help them pull it off but it is entirely possible. Limited mindset makes it impossible, nothing else.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

People do deals for hundreds of millions without spending their own capital.

BIG3 is owned by two guys and sure, it's not the NBA but it is something. Neither are billionaires. If those players in the NBA players union truly wanted "freedom" they have all the capital and clout now to pull it off soon but they could start building it today. They would need to bring in the right people to help them pull it off but it is entirely possible. Limited mindset makes it impossible, nothing else.
              Meh, we've basically had nothing but mediocre and short lived NA pro sports league launches since the big 4 became established (some mergers in the history there). MLS has probably been most successful, but didn't have NA competition.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Meh, we've basically had nothing but mediocre and short lived NA pro sports league launches since the big 4 became established (some mergers in the history there). MLS has probably been most successful, but didn't have NA competition.
                MLS looks here to stay. Its probably closer to the NHL than the NHL is to the other 3.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Mediocre talent = mediocre league. It all comes down to talent.

Comment

• I still want to know what Kyrie's plan is. What's his strategy. Ok, sit out the season, then what? I don't think he has any plan. Same with Stephen Jackson and Dwight Howard and all these guys. These guys don't have any plan.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The first thing I thought of was the players being backed by the Tyler Perry's, Jay Z's and other moguls for the black community, but it's just too much capital required to start a league of their own. It wouldn't be anywhere near the quality of production you get from the NBA.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        The first thing I thought of was the players being backed by the Tyler Perry's, Jay Z's and other moguls for the black community, but it's just too much capital required to start a league of their own. It wouldn't be anywhere near the quality of production you get from the NBA.
                        If I had Jeff Bezos money, I'd start up the RRBA tomorrow and give you each a general manager job. DanH can write our CBA.

Comment

• Premier League is back. Players have black lives matter on their jerseys instead of their names. They alll took a knee during the game at the beginning. I wonder if Kyrie approves?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            Premier League is back. Players have black lives matter on their jerseys instead of their names. They alll took a knee during the game at the beginning. I wonder if Kyrie approves?
                            Well there you go. Professional leagues are one of the biggest channels to convey a message because it maintains a large viewership even in the age of twitter and so many other distractions. There's a reason companies spend billions on advertising through sports leagues and spend tons on pro athlete endorsements. They have visibility, and people, particularly youth, listen to them and their message. But Kyrie wants give up that avenue by cancelling the NBA season. Sounds totally backwards to me.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Well there you go. Professional leagues are one of the biggest channels to convey a message because it maintains a large viewership even in the age of twitter and so many other distractions. There's a reason companies spend billions on advertising through sports leagues and spend tons on pro athlete endorsements. They have visibility, and people, particularly youth, listen to them and their message. But Kyrie wants give up that avenue by cancelling the NBA season. Sounds totally backwards to me.
                              I thnk Kyrie and Avery Bradley are spearheading the campaign to have those and other resources which owners and sponsors spend in messaging/advertising to be spent directly within the communities most impacted by racism? It's just that Kyrie always comes off as a flake, so nobody takes anything he says with the same gravity as say LeBron.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I thnk Kyrie and Avery Bradley are spearheading the campaign to have those and other resources which owners and sponsors spend in messaging/advertising to be spent directly within the communities most impacted by racism? It's just that Kyrie always comes off as a flake, so nobody takes anything he says with the same gravity as say LeBron.
                                I'm confused.. kyrie is spearheading a campaign to allocate nba ad revenue to communities?

Comment

Working...
                                X