No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not move the season in NY or LA or any place really but Florida. Florida is one of the hardest hit states right now.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      Why not move the season in NY or LA or any place really but Florida. Florida is one of the hardest hit states right now.
      I think alot of it had to do with the State politics and the complex able to house all the players. UFC was looking all over the country to host events and Florida was the only place that let it happen.
      I dont know where they are going to stay in New york and L.A and have lots of cross contamination with others. I think it will work if they can just get everyone in clean and they have stated that a single positive isnt going to shut things down. If the bubble gets in jeopardy its going to be if like 5-6 players from the same team get it
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• The main reason why they chose Disney was because Disney owns ESPN. And that way they can get camera access into the bubble without any real concerns. And Orlando seems safer. First it's inland. Also from the numbers I saw reported.. most of the issues are in southern / south western florida. Still relatively close (250 miles) but not enough to really worry about I think.

What I don't get is why the Raptors have to go to Fort Myers. Why not just have them at Disney already? Or some other state that isn't so badly infected? Hopefully they can just stay quarantined and not get infected before heading to Disney. But I bet there will be at least one player/trainer/coach that gets it between now and the week they head to Orlando. Just a gut feeling. Fingers crossed they don't.

Comment

• it's way too late in the game and logistically impossible i suspect to change venues now. it's florida or it's cancelled.

disney made the most sense at the time because of the ESPN connection, because they have something like a dozen or more courts, two of which are set up for television. because they had the accommodations and facilities to create an enclosed "bubble" or "campus" like environment.

then everyone got sick of covid and decided it was over when it turns out not to be the case. i don't blame the nba.

Comment

• Coronavirus is still trending down, according to deaths...
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• maybe by deaths. i read that the numbers are going up pretty drastically in terms of percentage of positive tests, particularly amongst the states that opened early. but i honestly haven't been following too much.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Coronavirus is still trending down, according to deaths...
                Since COVID-19 in seniors homes and long term residences was the leading single cause of deaths in virtually every nation early on, it makes sense that the death rate would be lower now. That is assuming that they have figured out how important it is to keep it out of seniors residences.

With all the co-mingling going on, a spike was to be expected. I saw the uptick in cases compared to a forest fire. Something like "If there's wood to burn, it will burn. When it's all gone, the fire goes out." If seniors are protected, COVID-19 can sweep through the under 50 crowd with few deaths, relatively speaking, and if immunity is conferred for 6 months to a year, that will pretty much end the pandemic until testing is easy and cheap, and/or a vaccine is developed.

Comment

• Prediction: Kyle Lowry has his personal greatest playoff run of his career.

He plays great on the road and every game is on the road.

Comment

• Don’t know how to embed a tweet but saw that the raps are now in Florida and if they make it to game 7 of NBA finals that means 114 days in Florida.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                      Don’t know how to embed a tweet but saw that the raps are now in Florida and if they make it to game 7 of NBA finals that means 114 days in Florida.
                      Not quite as awful as 114 days in Winnipeg
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Why not move the season in NY or LA or any place really but Florida. Florida is one of the hardest hit states right now.
                        Let's move it to the high density city that is responsible for 20% (or by some accounts close to 25%) of the deaths nationally from the pandemic run by the single most incompetent politician in the entire country where the response to the pandemic has been catastrophic. Alternatively, let's move it to a decentralized city where there are no grouped facilities that could be used to make sure as many possible venues are needed and travel is as difficult as possible for every game. Brilliant.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Let's move it to the high density city that is responsible for 20% (or by some accounts close to 25%) of the deaths nationally from the pandemic run by the single most incompetent politician in the entire country where the response to the pandemic has been catastrophic. Alternatively, let's move it to a decentralized city where there are no grouped facilities that could be used to make sure as many possible venues are needed and travel is as difficult as possible for every game. Brilliant.
                          Thank you.

Give me Cuomo over than that incompetent fool DeSantis.

Silver should've seen this coming. My concern about the NBA restarting isn’t the league it’s the state of Florida and its governor who has done nothing but suck up to the Trump administration. Just like Trump, that idiot DeSantis blames everyone else for his screw ups. He took no responsibility for the unemployment shit show and he blames the migrant workers for the spike. It wouldn’t be the gyms, bars, restaurants and theme parks he opened for Trump?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Thank you.

Give me Cuomo over than that incompetent fool DeSantis.

Silver should've seen this coming. My concern about the NBA restarting isn’t the league it’s the state of Florida and its governor who has done nothing but suck up to the Trump administration. Just like Trump, that idiot DeSantis blames everyone else for his screw ups. He took no responsibility for the unemployment shit show and he blames the migrant workers for the spike. It wouldn’t be the gyms, bars, restaurants and theme parks he opened for Trump?
                            How many politicians do you see coming out in front of the camera and apologizing for their many screw ups? Do you see more than you can count on one hand? How about one finger? That's not to defend Trump, don't get me wrong, its just let's not fool ourselves here.

Comment

• About enhanced player insurance, CBA updates and replacement players:

The NBA and the National Basketball Players Association have agreed to implement an "enhanced insurance plan" to cover career-ending injuries related to COVID-19 and conventional basketball injuries sustained by players during the league's restart in Orlando, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The potential group policy will reportedly provide players with several million dollars in coverage.

Miami Heat big man Bam Adebayo was among several of the league's young stars who recently had discussions with the NBPA regarding a league-financed insurance policy. The Heat star was seeking protection for himself and his peers against any injuries that could jeopardize their ability to land lucrative deals this offseason.

Adebayo, Jayson Tatum, Donovan Mitchell, De'Aaron Fox, and Kyle Kuzma are all eligible for rookie extensions following the 2019-20 campaign.

The NBA and NBPA have also finalized the collective bargaining agreement's revised terms for the league's return to play in Orlando, Wojnarowski reports. The new terms reportedly stipulate that the transaction window begins at noon on Tuesday.

Teams will be allowed to add replacement players should a player test positive for COVID-19, but a replacement must be added to a team's roster within a week of a player testing positive, according to a league memo obtained by Wojnarowski.
                              https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1979030

Comment

• Tomorrow is the deadline for players to decide if they are going to play or not. So far Davis Bertans and Trevor Ariza are the two who said they won't. And their reasons to not play had nothing to do with covid-19. Davis is concerned because he's a UFA and doesn't want to hurt that with a potential injury. Ariza is dealing with some custody issue regarding his child. I am not sure about Ariza but I bet Bertans would have finished the season if it was never stalled.

All 17 Raptors went to Florida today so I think they are all planning to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X