No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i don't think we go worse than 4 and 4. boston would need to go 7-1 to catch us.

Comment

• The NBA hates Toronto lol.

But the Raptors are good and will be healthy and should win most of their games. Fire it up for the postseason.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Seems tough to make guys play 8 games in 14 days after not playing for 3 months sounds like an Injury waiting to happen for someone. Hope we can clinch 2nd half way through and start to give our main guys days off
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          Seems tough to make guys play 8 games in 14 days after not playing for 3 months sounds like an Injury waiting to happen for someone. Hope we can clinch 2nd half way through and start to give our main guys days off
          Yeah I can see a lot of guys "resting" against Denver in that match up.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
            i don't think we go worse than 4 and 4. boston would need to go 7-1 to catch us.
            Sadly both those scenarios seem pretty realistic now that the schedules have been released. Raptors had a pretty mediocre record against .500+ teams (11-14).

Hopefully Boston has a bit of a collapse and loses to teams they should beat like Portland or Orlando.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Sadly both those scenarios seem pretty realistic now that the schedules have been released. Raptors had a pretty mediocre record against .500+ teams (11-14).

Hopefully Boston has a bit of a collapse and loses to teams they should beat like Portland or Orlando.
              I dunno ita actually not too bad. Portland and Memphis both have the most to play for as as anyone and Orlando and nets both want to avoid the bucks. We could actually end up better as we get to the bucks Sixers and nugs they may be locked into seeding and just rest guys.
              if we win vs bos we should be set

I also dont think anyone is going to run the table and win more then 6 games. With games jam packed and weird start times that due to lead to a couple bad losses for everyone e
              Last edited by bertarapsfan; Fri Jun 26, 2020, 08:19 PM.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Raps with the 2nd toughest schedule. Boston with the 3rd easiest. Philly 2nd easiest.

Comment

• I like that we play Memphis. They're my favorite team other than us to follow right now.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I like that we play Memphis. They're my favorite team other than us to follow right now.
                    I hope they make the playoffs and JV gets to beast mode at least a few games

Comment

i don't put a lot of stock in our record against +.500 teams given the injuries we dealt with this year, but boston could go 7-1 i guess.

regardless, i'm more concerned about getting to the playoffs healthy and playing well than getting the 2 seed. perusing the schedules i would bet heavily on number 6 being indiana and i'd be fine playing them. no HCA to fret about against boston.

Comment

Raps with the 2nd toughest schedule. Boston with the 3rd easiest. Philly 2nd easiest.

Well the NBA is back to its usual shenanigans to screw the Raptors so its American viewers in large markets have something to cheer for.

so fuck the NBA!!

Comment

• Easy to say we go 4-4 and Boston has to go 7-1 but I don’t see 4 comfortable wins on our schedule. As it often seems to be, the game against Boston (as well outlined by B Murphy) will likely tilt the balance. Sooooo weird to be posting about actual basketball stuff.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Easy to say we go 4-4 and Boston has to go 7-1 but I don’t see 4 comfortable wins on our schedule. As it often seems to be, the game against Boston (as well outlined by B Murphy) will likely tilt the balance. Sooooo weird to be posting about actual basketball stuff.
                            This is like a brand new season, some teams that did well are not going to do as well and viscera.

Raptors have one of the best chemistries in the league and a skinny Gasol so I think they should do well. Probably go 5-3, as they won't panic & we will have some Nick Nurse lineup experimentation before the playoffs.

Remember there is no home court advantage.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Easy to say we go 4-4 and Boston has to go 7-1 but I don’t see 4 comfortable wins on our schedule. As it often seems to be, the game against Boston (as well outlined by B Murphy) will likely tilt the balance. Sooooo weird to be posting about actual basketball stuff.
                              i'm pretty comfortable with orlando and memphis and the propsect of grabbing two out of the other six.

what will the bucks be playing for in their 6th game with a 6.5 game head start? you could argue a mental advantage but i'm not sure they'd gain it, given we handled them last year.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Well the NBA is back to its usual shenanigans to screw the Raptors so its American viewers in large markets have something to cheer for.

so fuck the NBA!!
                                it was based on the remaining schedules and our mid-march stretch was particularly brutal, i'd been eyeing it since xmas. take out the bulls/knicks/hawks types and that's what you end up with. there is no conspiracy against toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X