No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well now..basketball is back for what it is I guess,honestly I rather have raptors have tougher schedule,get's them ready for the playoffs..There is gonna be a lot of load management,I can c raptors veterans not playing that much,sit game,kind of thing...Load Management. My curiosity will be how many games will Kawli Leonard play
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• There is no homecourt advantage so seeding doesn't even matter.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Just realized the very first game is going to be the jazz. You know the NBA did that on purpose probably going to start with some p.s.a from Gobert and they are going to talk about him off the court for like 25 minutes of air time
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          There is no homecourt advantage so seeding doesn't even matter.
          2 is much better first round matchup tho. After that ya it doesnt matter much
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

2 is much better first round matchup tho. After that ya it doesnt matter much
            Yep.

I think the Raps will hold onto the 2nd seed & face the Magic again in the first round.

The Nets pretty much thrown the towel this season, I really don't see this team as being very motivated to try & hold down the 7th spot.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Easy to say we go 4-4 and Boston has to go 7-1 but I don’t see 4 comfortable wins on our schedule. As it often seems to be, the game against Boston (as well outlined by B Murphy) will likely tilt the balance. Sooooo weird to be posting about actual basketball stuff.
              The deck has been shuffled so hard to know what to expect. I’d be shocked if anyone went 7 -1 given the short turnarounds between games and the long layoff leading into this. Teams are probably going to be resting guys as well.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The deck has been shuffled so hard to know what to expect. I’d be shocked if anyone went 7 -1 given the short turnarounds between games and the long layoff leading into this. Teams are probably going to be resting guys as well.
                Namely, the first place Lakers and bucks. With 5.5 and 6.5 game leads respectively, both teams can get away with playing their stars maybe every other game.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Lakers play the Clippers on "opening night". If they win they will be 6.5 games up and probably more likely to manage minutes against the raps 2 days later.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                    Lakers play the Clippers on "opening night". If they win they will be 6.5 games up and probably more likely to manage minutes against the raps 2 days later.
                    I want both the Lakers and Clippers to somehow get bounced so hard to know who to cheer for.....easier just to cheer against

Comment

• Albeit the NBA hype machine is just now having the tarp taken off of it and is now being rolled out of the garage and gassed up for the return of the craziest, zaniest sports league on the planet.

And while the NBA national media (seems they are ALL in LA eh?) is really loading up on the Clips and lakers with side dishes of Zion, the alphabets free agency and the mystery of why the Sixers suck.......the always innovative and go for it river boat gambler Daryl Morey and the Houston Rockets are strangely quiet and out of the spotlight.

Does Houston have a snowballs chance ?
                      Would Boogie in Rocket Red make sphincters tighten up in LA?
                      Do the Rockets flame out in the first round and trade Harden to the Knicks ?

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jun 27, 2020, 08:58 AM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Albeit the NBA hype machine is just now having the tarp taken off of it and is now being rolled out of the garage and gassed up for the return of the craziest, zaniest sports league on the planet.

And while the NBA national media (seems they are ALL in LA eh?) is really loading up on the Clips and lakers with side dishes of Zion, the alphabets free agency and the mystery of why the Sixers suck.......the always innovative and go for it river boat gambler Daryl Morey and the Houston Rockets are strangely quiet and out of the spotlight.

I think the Knicks could have the top 10 players in the NBA and still screw up
                        Would be fun to see Westbrook there with Durant and Kyrie and all kill each other lol

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Just realized the very first game is going to be the jazz. You know the NBA did that on purpose probably going to start with some p.s.a from Gobert and they are going to talk about him off the court for like 25 minutes of air time
                          Yep, he must lay himself before the social media justice committee and beg for forgiveness.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Albeit the NBA hype machine is just now having the tarp taken off of it and is now being rolled out of the garage and gassed up for the return of the craziest, zaniest sports league on the planet.

Its crazy to think that this post season is going to be totally not normal, but could still have major concequences for the offseason. I imagine at least one or two teams lay an egg and flame out. As you say, does Philly or Houston tear the team apart if they lose in the first round? Conversely, if either team makes a run what does the rest of the league do? How many guys are going to get overly hyped up or slept on going into the offseason for this last strech of games? Idk but im excited to find out.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Its crazy to think that this post season is going to be totally not normal, but could still have major concequences for the offseason. I imagine at least one or two teams lay an egg and flame out. As you say, does Philly or Houston tear the team apart if they lose in the first round? Conversely, if either team makes a run what does the rest of the league do? How many guys are going to get overly hyped up or slept on going into the offseason for this last strech of games? Idk but im excited to find out.
                              I think if this Covid thing is still around in the offseason with no major relief in sight, teams will be looking into shedding salaries as well as signing players on the cheap. Nobody is going to tear things up unless it's small markets teams feeling the squeeze of the economy.

Nobody is going to be looking into building superteams at the moment unless they get a 1 year cheap rental due to Covid which could potentially happen as free agents will hold off asking for bigger salaries when things return closer to normal.

Comment

• The season doesn't start for another month. There is a chance that more players get Covid and it is cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                                X