2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Maybe going to florida early was the best thing for the raps?
    Also i wouldn't doubt that the defending champs are taking it really seriously as they see them selves with a shot and know not isolating could fuck things up for the whole team.
    Lakers, Clips, Bucks, Raps and to some extent rockets celtics probably are going to take this the most seriously
    YA THIS IS GOOD

REAL CHANCE REAL CHANCE KNOCK ON WOOOD

EARLY FLORIDA BA-BYYY FIGURE IT OUT DON't GET COVID B EXTRA READY DEFENSE OF A LIFETIME

OLD LEBRON WILL STILL B TRYNA REMEMBER HOW 2 DUNK

#WASHEDKING #TORONBRON (like Lebronto But ours)

WILL WE BEAT LA IN 4 GAMES or 5??????

MAY B 3 AFTER HALF THE LAKERS GET mysterious COVID POST THE GAME 3 59 POINT BLOWOUT

YOLOOOOO

inthepaint wrote: View Post

Oh I see; sounds like this Jordan and Dinwiddie thing is just your old "blame it on covid" copout but they could totally play if they wanted to. As a team it looks like they would rather miss the playoffs and get a higher pick then be 1st round fodder, so you potentially got guys looking for an out.
    https://www.thescore.com/news/1981368/related

HAHAHAHHAHA

I WOULD LUUUUUV TO SEE THE WIZARDS GET IN THE FIRST ROUND FOR THE STEAMROLLING OF A LIFETIME

B LIKE 2014 BUT WE'RE ON THE OTHER SIDE LAUGHING ALL THE WAY HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA (I KNO IT WOULD B THE BUCKS BUT THAT DOESN't RLY CUT DOWN ON THE FUN DOES IT!??!?)

​​​​​​​YOLOOOOOOOOO

Comment

• 'Players look fantastic, I mean absolutely,' Nurse says as Raptors reconvene

https://www.cp24.com/sports/players-...vene-1.5006193

Comment

• MLS is in the process of getting every team to Orlando, basically trying to do the same thing as the NBA but for a much shorter amount of time

One team (FC Dallas) has had six positive tests since they got into the “bubble”. I’m not sure how they’re planning on dealing with that besides just isolating, as they’re scheduled to play in just over a week (against Vancouver, so I’m very interested in what happens)
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 2019 Raps/GSW Game 6 on TSN tonight
          Nick Nurse just said it was 12-1 fouls for GS from 3 pt range over the 6 games; the NBA really wanted the Raps to lose....

Edit: Hey, we won the Chip!
          Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Jul 1, 2020, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
            MLS is in the process of getting every team to Orlando, basically trying to do the same thing as the NBA but for a much shorter amount of time

One team (FC Dallas) has had six positive tests since they got into the “bubble”. I’m not sure how they’re planning on dealing with that besides just isolating, as they’re scheduled to play in just over a week (against Vancouver, so I’m very interested in what happens)
            It’s now nine players and one member of the coaching staff. The fallout from this will be very telling

Comment

• Report: Rockets’ Thabo Sefolosha opts out of NBA’s restart in Florida

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Report: Rockets’ Thabo Sefolosha opts out of NBA’s restart in Florida
                They replaced him with Luc Mbah a Moute

Comment

• A member of a different MLS team (Columbus) has tested positive four days after arriving in Orlando

Comment

• The Lakers lose Avery Bradley and Dwight Howard and hot take media is higher on their title chances than ever. Dion Waters and JR Smith are getting hype like the last 4-5 years never happened. The Lebron effect is really something else.

These are the types of teams he loses with. High name recognition, low quality players being slapped together like any old mix will work. He does have AD, which is huge. We'll see.

​​​​​
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      The Lakers lose Avery Bradley and Dwight Howard and hot take media is higher on their title chances than ever. Dion Waters and JR Smith are getting hype like the last 4-5 years never happened. The Lebron effect is really something else.

These are the types of teams he loses with. High name recognition, low quality players being slapped together like any old mix will work. He does have AD, which is huge. We'll see.

​​​​​
                      Howard is probably going to play. Recent update is that he wants to play he's just not sure yet:
                      https://lakersdaily.com/report-dwigh...-play-orlando/

Either way Bradley was at best like the 5th man. It would be like us losing OG last year. Sucks, but we still won it all. The real buzz in LA comes from the fact that they beat both the Bucks and Clippers before covid, and everyone seems to think that those wins will extend into the playoffs for some reason.

When in reality the regular season doesn't really mean much at all.

I think the Clippers are the team to beat out West. A healthy Kawhi is going to be so dangerous.

Comment

• how is howard still figuring out whether to play or not? i thought yesterday was the new hard deadline for players to decide, after the june 24 soft deadline passed.

unrelated - there was a raptors tidbit in kevin arnovitz' article today of challenges facing coaching staffs in orlando that got me excited for the rest of the season:

The defending champion Toronto Raptors have taken advantage of the extra time by putting together a few dozen six- to eight-minute game-film edits -- and that's just on the offense. Each reel features a play or action, say, a middle pick-and-roll. There's also a catalog of edits for Toronto's defense, one of the NBA's most versatile. That has allowed coach Nick Nurse and his staff the chance to dig in, be introspective and understand the team at the most granular level.

"It was interesting to do," Nurse said. "During the season, sometimes you'll run a package [of plays], then not run it again for a few weeks. It can get lost in the shuffle. It was invigorating to see [the clips] at work all in one place. I really like how our packages are developing on both ends."

With the benefit of study and hindsight, Nurse can begin training camp with added clarity about what the Raptors do best, with a series of adjustments to improve what they do pretty well.

"Now we can say, 'Let's get back to that,'" he said.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                          how is howard still figuring out whether to play or not? i thought yesterday was the new hard deadline for players to decide, after the june 24 soft deadline passed.

unrelated - there was a raptors tidbit in kevin arnovitz' article today of challenges facing coaching staffs in orlando that got me excited for the rest of the season:
                          OH DAMn OH DAMn this is SOUNDING GOOOD

Nick Nurse is improving on his already REAL effective sets???!

And maybe now he'll fix the half court offence

Paving the way for

A SUCCESSFUL KAWHI TAKE DOWN IN THE CLIPS RAPS FINAL LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO

#KAWHI2021

YOLOOOO

Comment

how is howard still figuring out whether to play or not? i thought yesterday was the new hard deadline for players to decide, after the june 24 soft deadline passed.

He's primary caregiver for a 6 year old son who's mother died a few weeks ago. Says he wants to play but apparently that's not all sorted out/for sure yet.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

He's primary caregiver for a 6 year old son who's mother died a few weeks ago. Says he wants to play but apparently that's not all sorted out/for sure yet.
                              ok those are extenuating circumstances. what's oladipo's excuse? he has vague injury concerns and believes he is more at risk of re-injury after 4 additional months of recovery after already having been back from his injury for 3 games. was still mulling it over as of yesterday.

i'm just wondering if there was an actual dealine... is howard the only uncertain and everyone else has committed other than those that have already opted out?
                              Last edited by chris; Thu Jul 2, 2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

ok those are extenuating circumstances. what's oladipo's excuse? he has vague injury concerns and believes he is more at risk of re-injury after 4 additional months of recovery after already having been back from his injury for 3 games. was still mulling it over as of yesterday.

i'm just wondering if there was an actual dealine... is howard the only uncertain and everyone else has committed other than those that have already opted out?
                                I forget where I saw it now, but I believe teams have to report to Orlando between July 7, 8 and 9 (each team has a schedule and I remember the Raptors are on the last day). So that's probably the hard deadline day for each player to decide if they want to report to camp or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X