2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Every single year there's tons of people picking the Celtics to come out of the East.

"Oh they're gonna be great with Kyrie! Finals lock!"
    "Oh they're gonna be great without Kyrie! Finals lock!"
    "Oh they're gonna win 65 games, it'll be high-fives everywhere" (Bill Simmons)

A Celtics-Lakers finals is the ultimate NBA's wet dream, so the media will brown-nose them till the end of times. The reality is, it'd be extremely hard for them to beat the Bucks in a 7 game series. I think they could make it to the 2nd round or even the ECF, but also I think that if they draw Philly on the first round they could be bounced right there too, especially now that Hayward won't play.
    Hayward's going to Orlando but will leave early when his wife is in labour (which will be in mid September). So he'll miss the conference finals and finals quite possibly (assuming they get that far).. but should be available for at least the first two rounds.

Actually he could come back, but would need to quarantine. I think I've read at minimum 4 days, but I could see it being longer.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Hayward's going to Orlando but will leave early when his wife is in labour (which will be in mid September). So he'll miss the conference finals and finals quite possibly (assuming they get that far).. but should be available for at least the first two rounds.

Actually he could come back, but would need to quarantine. I think I've read at minimum 4 days, but I could see it being longer.
      Questionable if his head will be in it then, if he's going in already thinking when he's gotta leave. If he's anything like Fred, he's gonna play crap till the baby is born and then would beast afterwards lol except he won't come back after.

Comment

right but. Babies can b born early! 1 month early isn't 2 unusual and if that happens...

NO FIRST ROUND AHHAHHA

inthepaint wrote: View Post

Questionable if his head will be in it then, if he's going in already thinking when he's gotta leave. If he's anything like Fred, he's gonna play crap till the baby is born and then would beast afterwards lol except he won't come back after.
        EXCEPT FRED HAS HANDS THAT WORK UNLIKE THE HAyWAD FAILED PLAYER HAAHAHAHAHAH

YOLO

​​​​​​​#MOVEBOSTON

Comment

As a man married with kids the first thing I thought when I read this:

There is no way his wife let’s him leave Orlando and go directly to the hospital. She going to make him quarantine after leaving the bubble before being in the position to hold her newborn. Therefore Hayward will leave Orlando at least 2 weeks before the baby is due.

edit—conference semis can start as late as August 30

Comment

• so are we doing the normal format.. because if so that sucks i was looking forward to the 16 format

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              so are we doing the normal format.. because if so that sucks i was looking forward to the 16 format
              Everything is basically the same except there might be a play in round for the 8th seed in each conference. I think a team has to be within 4 games or something to qualify for the play in round. The team that is in 8th when the season ends has two chances to get eliminated though, unlike everyone else.

I was hoping for a 1-16 no conference bracket too. They had the opportunity to try it once, but I guess the owners didn't want that.

Comment

• Hopefully they televise these scrimmages.

Comment

Everything is basically the same except there might be a play in round for the 8th seed in each conference. I think a team has to be within 4 games or something to qualify for the play in round. The team that is in 8th when the season ends has two chances to get eliminated though, unlike everyone else.

I was hoping for a 1-16 no conference bracket too. They had the opportunity to try it once, but I guess the owners didn't want that.
                  yeah i think the 1-16 was only if there was none of the 8 games. it honestly would have been the coolest thing and our seeding and path would have been golden too.

Comment

Hopefully they televise these scrimmages.
                    HOPEFULYYYYY

PLZ POST THE LINK HERE IF ANYONE FINDS IT

YOLOOOO

YOLOOOOOOO

JUST PUT 100 on the RAPS 2 WIN LEt's GO BABYYY

YOLOOO

Comment

• Serge says we're locked in. New article on ESPN:
                      https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...dy-nba-restart

"I saw just how everyone is in great shape," Ibaka said on a conference call with reporters Saturday. "They came here in great shape and as soon as we got here everyone was starting to put in work.

"I've been in the league for 11 years. You can see when people's locked in and they are ready mentally, and when they are not.

"So I can tell you right now, mentally, everybody is ready. Everybody is ready."

Comment

Serge says we're locked in. New article on ESPN:
                        https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...dy-nba-restart

I will never underrate veterans presence.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

BRO WE KILLING THIS

I TELL U

RAPS IN 5 MAY B 6 if unlucky

KAWHI WIL REGRET HIS WHOLE LIFE

AHAHAHHAH

YOLOOOO

Comment

I remember the look on Marc's face in a clip going down the tunnel after winning a huge game in I believe the Bucks series (maybe in the finals) - that dude competes. Just remember seeing him so locked in after a huge game getting everyone ready for the next one already. I feel like a run like a season with this group of vets must be a masterclass in not just ball but professionalism. Just such a different vibe out of this era than any others and I think it will rub off on the younger guys wherever they end up.

Comment

Take that smile off your face. We ain't done sh*t.

Jordan Loyd shares a Lowry story after game 4

After watching episode 4 of the last dance I couldn’t help but think of some moments from last years championship run with the raps. One moment particularly sticks out to me .....(see next tweet)

After Game 4 in GS we have one more win until we’re champs. Now remember I don’t play or dress. I’m walking off the court all excited and smiling. Not thinking anyone is paying attention to me of course KLow comes up to me and is like what’re you smiling for?.....(see next tweet)

He’s like is the job done? Have we won yet? Take that smile off your face. We ain’t did s*** Now first off this shows the type of mental strength & toughness you have to have to compete at the level he was playing at. It also shows how much of a team guy he really was (nxt tweet)

Secondly For him to even worry about the last guy on the roster in that moment says so much about his character and how much he valued everyone in that locker room. He wanted everyone to have that desired drive to win. No matter your role........ (Next tweet)

Then he goes on 2 games later to arguably have his best game of his career and help us get a ring. Despite all the people that constantly doubt him. Now as a player No matter what level, I know what it takes mentally to achieve something at the highest level. Physically is next..

I’ll cherish that run forever and look to build from all the priceless things I learned and saw. Some special people on that team and I’m grateful to have been a part of it.
                              https://www.bardown.com/former-rapto...nals-1.1470419

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X