X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It's funny, I did a search for NBA and there are a few articles about how the players don't like the bubble food, etc. but then you go to the articles and there isn't a single player complaining about anything. Again, no one is cheering for this to fail harder than the sports media.

I've stayed at the Grand Floridian and it is a very nice hotel. The Yacht Club isn't quite as nice but it is still decent. The Grand Floridian hosts V&A which is a 5-star restaurant and I had one of the best meals of my life there, plus, there are two or three other really good restaurants at the hotel. It may not be the penthouse at a Ritz but these guys have it just fine.
      Disadvantages: You can't see your family, girlfriend, or home for potential 2-3 months & less things to do then the usual normal for extroverts.

Advantage: Free hotel in Disney World, you don't have to air travel for games, you live in a protected bubble which is much safer then being out with the public, It's Orlando so the weather is never cold (pray no hurricane), no nosy obssessed fans or paparazzi are going to bother you, people are going to take care of you like it's on vacation, it's almost like paid summer league camp.

Comment

• Anyone but the Clippers. I'd even cheer for the Lakers and LeBron if they play the Clippers. My hatred for the Clippers has nothing to do with Kawhi. I think Kawhi is the best player in the game and I think he's the GROAT. But I just despise the Clippers organization.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Report: Jamal Crawford, Michael Beasley joining Nets for playoff push

They're as good as with Durant and Kyrie now ....

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

That's a really nice looking bus.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Anyone but the Clippers. I'd even cheer for the Lakers and LeBron if they play the Clippers. My hatred for the Clippers has nothing to do with Kawhi. I think Kawhi is the best player in the game and I think he's the GROAT. But I just despise the Clippers organization.
              I don't think any Raptor fan wants to see the Bucks, Clippers, Lakers or Celtics to win.

If I had to rank those 4 in who I'd like to win first to last it would go: Clippers, Bucks, Lakers, Celtics.

Not that I like LAC.. but if I had a gun to my head that's my order. Just love Kawhi and can't ever be mad at the guy.

Always rooting for small market teams.. so Bucks go next. Even though them winning probably seals Giannis staying.

Can't stand the Lakers and Celtics.. and either one winning would really piss me off.. but Lakers over Celtics cuz Celtics are more our rivals (even though they really aren't).

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Report: Jamal Crawford, Michael Beasley joining Nets for playoff push

They're as good as with Durant and Kyrie now ....
                has crawford been medically cleared by the nba? isn't he in the high risk demographic at his age?
                Last edited by chris; Thu Jul 9, 2020, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't think any Raptor fan wants to see the Bucks, Clippers, Lakers or Celtics to win.

If I had to rank those 4 in who I'd like to win first to last it would go: Clippers, Bucks, Lakers, Celtics.

Not that I like LAC.. but if I had a gun to my head that's my order. Just love Kawhi and can't ever be mad at the guy.

Always rooting for small market teams.. so Bucks go next. Even though them winning probably seals Giannis staying.

Can't stand the Lakers and Celtics.. and either one winning would really piss me off.. but Lakers over Celtics cuz Celtics are more our rivals (even though they really aren't).
                  throw the sixers in that list for me. i hate the celtics and lakers equally the most and i could never decide which i hate slightly less if you put a gun to my head. clippers are next. fuck their tampering asses. call it a draw between the bucks and sixers. i have more contempt in my heart for the sixers but want giannis to consider leaving milwaukee in free agency, so...

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I will never cheer for the Clippers and their tampering ass. Never. Forget the Celtics. If it's North Korea vs Clippers. I'd cheer for North Korea.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I will never cheer for the Clippers and their tampering ass. Never. Forget the Celtics. If it's North Korea vs Clippers. I'd cheer for North Korea.
                      Are we sure the Clippers tampered that hard, or was it Uncle Dennis’ plan from the get-go to extract a king’s ransom from Ballmer and get Kawhi back home where he always wanted to be.

Comment

• A few playoff questions:

1. What's your floor that would still feel like the Raptors had a good run this year?
                        2. Most likely Finals team outside of the top 4 seeds?
                        3. Who wins Finals MVP?
                        4. Dream Finals matchup, Raptors vs.....?
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          A few playoff questions:

1. What's your floor that would still feel like the Raptors had a good run this year?
                          3. Who wins Finals MVP?
                          1. they've already had a damn good run, i've enjoyed rooting for this team even more than last year's so far. but given raised expectations, i'll say eastern conference finals. i want to say finals but think we're about 40-50% to beat milwaukee in a series so losing a hard fought series against them would not make the season a failure or anything. neither would losing to the celtics or sixers necessarily, though i dislike them considerably more so it would be more disappointing.

2. tough choices. philly, if they get their shit together? i can't see boston getting through us and then the bucks consecutively, although the makeup of their team makes more sense to me and they are way better coached. i think philly has a higher ceiling, but their coach is pretty clueless. the chances of a non-LA team representing the west must be like <5%... i'd go with houston because they're high variance and could string together some games if shots fall.

3. lowry.

4. clippers, then lakers. but only if we win. if i could hand-select a western team to play it'd be SAS (sorry demar).

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i don't know if i buy that. i think it's probably true of the old school guys on the beat working for papers that are on their last legs (hello doug smith!). people with journalism degrees who ended up writing about sports because that's where the paper stuck them rather than what they're passionate about.

but i think that's a pretty small percentage of the sports media in general.
                            I agree. There is no way the media isn't dying for something to cover other than the reaction to "The Last Dance".

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              A few playoff questions:

3. Who wins Finals MVP?
                              1. Eastern Conf. Finals
                              2. From the East I think Boston might have the best chance to make it to the finals after Toronto and Milwaukee. From the West this might be the year, if ever for Houston. Two guys in Harden and Westbrook that play at a ridiculous pace and are entering the playoffs with a tonne of rest. After the two LA teams this might be Houston's best shot.
                              3. I'm rooting against the Clippers, but if it comes down to Bucks vs. Clippers, it would be George likely covering Giannis(?), leaving Kawhi to go off.
                              4. Raptors vs. Clippers

Comment

• Kyle is looking good. Masai is there as well which is awesome.

Love this team!

Comment

Working...
                                X