2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Enes Kanter was complaining about his room. For reference, his dad just got released from a Turkish prison. I think what this tells us is you lose the perspective after awhile of being rich.
    rajon rondo compared his room to a motel 6 and jr smith had to be told to shut his liveblogging (i don't know what platform it was) down while he was in the middle of it, because he was shitting on absolutely everything from the room to the gifts from the nba to his 'tracking device' to not being able to hang with the homies.

some of these dudes are just brats.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

rajon rondo compared his room to a motel 6 and jr smith had to be told to shut his liveblogging (i don't know what platform it was) down while he was in the middle of it, because he was shitting on absolutely everything from the room to the gifts from the nba to his 'tracking device' to not being able to hang with the homies.

I'd use a different term but this is a family website

Comment

• There's an increasing detachment from celebrities in general, it's pretty stark in these current circumstances just how out in their own worlds they are. I wonder if some of that perspective will carry through? We'd all be better off with a bit less celebrity worship (athletes included).
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          There's an increasing detachment from celebrities in general, it's pretty stark in these current circumstances just how out in their own worlds they are. I wonder if some of that perspective will carry through? We'd all be better off with a bit less celebrity worship (athletes included).
          I think I've been very clear in not worshipping ANY celebrities or athetes.
          At their core, they're just people with the same or worse flaws as everyone else with a chunk of athletic abilities thrown in....

OT but about athlete's wealth, I remember seeing an interview of Evander Holyfield years ago. There was a person walking by the mammoth pool at the other end and you literally couldn't even see if it was a guy or girl it was so far away lol

Lots of these guys came from absolutely nothing and never forget.
          Lots of these guys came from absolutely nothing and never remember....

Comment

The NBA and the players appear to be doing everything in their power to try and make as many people as possible stop watching this league.

Comment

It's a distraction. Hotel foods and the JR Smith stuff and the Rondo stuff....that's what people are talking about now, not the BLM movement.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think alot of the talk from guys who don't know if they want to be there come from teams that dont have a chance. I haven't heard much from guys outside the top 4 in each conference talk about the situation.
                The brooklyn nets players have done alot of bitching and i think it cause they know they are getting swept. At least they know they only have to do this for 3-4 weeks before being promptly sent home.
                JR Smith, Rondo.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Matisse Thybulle has started a vlog series from inside the bubble, his first episode is very well done...has a proper camera and knows what he's doing. He and Tobias Harris shouted out the Raptors team bus partway through the video
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

JR Smith, Rondo.
                      J.R didnt have to sign that contract. He had every chance to not even be on roster if he didnt want
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Matisse Thybulle has started a vlog series from inside the bubble, his first episode is very well done...has a proper camera and knows what he's doing. He and Tobias Harris shouted out the Raptors team bus partway through the video
                        That was great.. thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Matt's looking ripped:

Comment

• Rockets stars Harden and Westbrook miss practice in Florida

Associated PressJuly 11, 2020, 7:43 PM
                            Houston Rockets stars James Harden and Russell Westbrook did not travel with the team to Orlando and did not participate in the team’s first practice.

Coach Mike D’Antoni didn’t provide a reason for their absence but said he expects both players to join the team in Florida soon.

“I don’t think it’s going to be too many days,” D’Antoni said. “It will work itself out. Some things you can’t control totally, but in a few days they’ll be here.”

D’Antoni was asked how much missing the team’s two biggest stars for the first few days of practice will hinder his team.

“It’s not ideal,” he said. “But it’s going to be good and we’ll be ready to go. It won’t set us back.”

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ing-off-point/

Quarantine? Isolation? Nasal swabs?

The Toronto Raptors have got all that down. Practice makes perfect.

Since the NBA season was halted on March 11 the Raptors have been poked, prodded and kept apart from one another, even when they were together.

Saturday afternoon at Walt Disney World Resort outside of Orlando, they finally got to play basketball, as a team, together.

We’re talking about practice. A real, live basketball practice.
                              Quarantine? Isolation? Nasal swabs?

The Toronto Raptors have got all that down. Practice makes perfect.

Since the NBA season was halted on March 11 the Raptors have been poked, prodded and kept apart from one another, even when they were together.

Saturday afternoon at Walt Disney World Resort outside of Orlando, they finally got to play basketball, as a team, together.

We’re talking about practice. A real, live basketball practice.

“It felt good, it felt good, it’s been awhile,” said guard Fred VanVleet after the Raptors wrapped up an afternoon workout. “I think you saw some rust, some excitement and that first day of school type of thing for everybody, coaches and players, it was good, it was good, we’ve got to flush some things out these next couple of weeks and get ready to play, but kind of take a marathon approach still, we’ve still got a long way to go.”

Saturday was their first practice in preparation for the resumption of the regular season with their game against LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers on Aug. 1, the first of eight ‘seeding’ games they will play to conclude the regular season in advance of the playoffs.

But they’ve come a long way just to get here. Their final hurdle was to be tested twice for coronavirus roughly 24 hours apart from when they arrived at Disney World in their team bus emblazoned with ‘Black Lives Matter’ from their two-week mini-camp in Naples, Fla.

A negative test for the COVID-19 virus would have been a setback not only for the individuals involved but the entire return-to-play undertaking as the NBA has gathered 22 teams in what they hope in an antiseptic environment to conclude the 2019-20 season and crown a champion sometime in October.

It’s all become routine by now.

“I would say that’s become part of what you do [being tested],” said Raptors head coach Nick Nurse. “I think the first couple times we did it here and certainly going way back to March 11 when we went off and got tested, your level of anxiety was a lot higher then for sure. But I think it’s always cross your fingers, knock on wood, good thoughts all that stuff every time.”

The Raptors got word mid-morning that everyone in their 37-member travelling party had passed both tests. One more hurdle standing between them and the defence of their 2019 championship successfully crossed.

If the tests keep coming back negative the Raptors can fully focus on the task at hand and maybe even begin to sample some of the comforts the NBA has made available for the players in what is stacking up as a long, lavish summer camp, with everything from haircuts, manicures, fishing trips and golf outings as part of the non-basketball activities available.

But basketball is the main draw. They just had one last 36-hour quarantine to will their way through.

“I’m definitely used to quarantine. I’ve been quarantining for like months in my house. I didn’t get out for like three months or two months, so I’m used to it; two days is nothing,” said Raptors all-star forward Pascal Siakam. “It went by quick. I found things to do, like video games, anything I can do to let time fly. And just being ready mentally and being excited about being back together as a team.”

“[But] we just wanna play,” he added. “I miss playing basketball. It definitely [feels] like a basketball atmosphere, and that’s all I really care about.”

It’s up to Nurse to figure out how to get his team up to speed on the fly in unusual circumstances.

With his team having been limited to individual workouts only for the past six weeks Nurse decided to make their first practice since early March a relatively low key outing, putting the emphasis on five-on-five work and getting up and down against some semblance of competition rather than let the first day get dragged down by drills and corrections.

“Nick kept it pretty light,” said VanVleet. “Training camp is usually more intense and more serious I guess than when we have more time to kind of get ready for the rest of the season instead of getting ready for a whole season, it’s just a little different.

“And I think there’s a trust level with the team that we have, managing guys’ bodies, injuries and just looking ahead, I think it’ll be a smoother approach rather than just trying to jump right back in and ramp it all the way up right away.”

It’s a new situation for everyone, coaches included.

“I’m just really trying to feel my way through it now, to be honest with you,” said Nurse. “I had some thoughts about, you know, what the structure of the practice would look like and we did it totally different than we normally would. Again just based on the situation I think it’s important for us to play… So I started heavier than normal and just told the guys to please self-monitor and let’s not get carried away, we got a long way to go here today.

“But you know again for the most part it was really good… I mean a lot of guys are doing a lot of things that that we normally do, just right from the get go here which was great.

“Obviously there was some rust and some things that stick out that you have to keep an eye on or that we’re gonna have to change, but from a starting point it seems like a really good jumping off point today for us.”

Jumping back in never felt so good.

Comment

• Lebron's should read: "Hey Nike, Free the Children!" .... and "Where's My Cheque?"

https://www.cp24.com/sports/lebron-w...rsey-1.5020815

LeBron James says his thoughts on social justice can't be contained on the back of a basketball jersey.

The Los Angeles Lakers superstar won't wear one of the NBA-approved social justice messages on the back of his jersey when the NBA resumes competition later this month in the Orlando bubble.

“It was no disrespect to the list that was handed down to all the players,” James said Saturday in a confernece call from Florida. “I commend anyone that decides to put something on the back of their jersey. It's just something that didn't seriously resonate with my mission, with my goal.”

Comment

Working...
                                X