No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I was just watching Game 5 of the 2017 series between Raps and Bucks. Raptors demolished the Bucks in that game, Powell scored a game high 25 points.

From what I remember, the Bucks were up 2-1 in that series and then Casey inserted Powell into the starting lineup for Carroll in Game 4....Raps won 3 straight games after that. Powell was amazing in all 3 games. He was also underrated in the series against the Bucks last year. I mean, Danny Green was unplayable against the Bucks in the playoffs and Powell filled Danny Green's role beautifully.

So it got me thinking, the Bucks trading their 46th overall pick to the Raptors probably cost them 2 series and a CHAMPIONSHIP. Nuts if you think about it.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      So I was just watching Game 5 of the 2017 series between Raps and Bucks. Raptors demolished the Bucks in that game, Powell scored a game high 25 points.

From what I remember, the Bucks were up 2-1 in that series and then Casey inserted Powell into the starting lineup for Carroll in Game 4....Raps won 3 straight games after that. Powell was amazing in all 3 games. He was also underrated in the series against the Bucks last year. I mean, Danny Green was unplayable against the Bucks in the playoffs and Powell filled Danny Green's role beautifully.

So it got me thinking, the Bucks trading their 46th overall pick to the Raptors probably cost them 2 series and a CHAMPIONSHIP. Nuts if you think about it.
      Not to mention we also got O.G from that deal. That one is underrated in the Masai folklore. 2 great prospects for Grevies Vasquez
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Seen a couple quotes from Nurse high on Gasol, me tioning hes going to be a bigger part of the offense. What do tou all think that looks like?

Seems like we could take advantage of other teams tendencies to sag off shooters to protect the paint with GSW-esque split action cuts off Gasol post ups. Seems like a nice action to have in the back pocket if Gasol isnt hitting shots or we cant get consistent penetration on drives.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          Seen a couple quotes from Nurse high on Gasol, me tioning hes going to be a bigger part of the offense. What do tou all think that looks like?

Seems like we could take advantage of other teams tendencies to sag off shooters to protect the paint with GSW-esque split action cuts off Gasol post ups. Seems like a nice action to have in the back pocket if Gasol isnt hitting shots or we cant get consistent penetration on drives.
          Gasol was giving up gimmes for worse % opportunities a lot last season. At times it looked like he was refusing to shoot.
          Nurse just needs him to be encouraged to get some.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Gasol was giving up gimmes for worse % opportunities a lot last season. At times it looked like he was refusing to shoot.
            Nurse just needs him to be encouraged to get some.
            Unselfish to a fault. Sometimes being selfish is actually unselfish if it's what's best for the team. When they leave you wide open at the top of the circle, pull the trigger.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Not to mention we also got O.G from that deal. That one is underrated in the Masai folklore. 2 great prospects for Grevies Vasquez
              Yeah man. Crazy!
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                So I was just watching Game 5 of the 2017 series between Raps and Bucks. Raptors demolished the Bucks in that game, Powell scored a game high 25 points.

he benched JV for powell actually. credit to casey for figuring out that it was best to stagger his minutes with ibaka's. although i bet it was nick that deserves that credit, considering casey went a full season starting them together the next year.

Comment

• Rondo got his hand injured. that sucks for lakers. They lost Bradley and now Rondo
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Rondo got his hand injured. that sucks for lakers. They lost Bradley and now Rondo
                    not to worry, they have jr smith and dion waiters

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

not to worry, they have jr smith and dion waiters
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Rondo got his hand injured. that sucks for lakers. They lost Bradley and now Rondo
                        Hopefully hes back by like second round, want some competition out west. Lakers literally dont have another usable backup guard - and Rondo was cutting it close to begin with. I know we said it at the time, but Lakers depth pickups were pretty rough, just odd they went with good defenders and no shooting.

Lowkey if the Lakers lose one decent rotation guy (KCP or Kuzma level) I could see New Orleans taking the series the distance. Dont get me wrong, none of the guys theyve lost are worrisome in isolation, but for a limited supporting cast they dont have much room to spare. Plus New Orleans was legit good to end the season, Zion comes back in shape and time to polish up team defense and they can snag some games.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

he benched JV for powell actually. credit to casey for figuring out that it was best to stagger his minutes with ibaka's. although i bet it was nick that deserves that credit, considering casey went a full season starting them together the next year.
                          Giving way too much credit to Casey there. The first few games, the Raps got torn apart because they were using Serge as backup C (and starting PF), and staggering those minutes, except in an incredibly dumb way, and also because that starting lineup was a mess. In the Bucks' 2 wins in the first 3 games, Greg Monroe played over 20 minutes in each and was +15 and +17 in those games, and scoring 14 and 16 points (on 8 and 12 net used possessions). Casey tried matching up to Monroe with: Poeltl, Nogueira and Serge (and the first two barely at all). Meanwhile, JV was playing barely over 20 MPG, and the starting lineup was going small while he sat, and STILL getting crushed in those losses.

Bringing JV off the bench was the solution to Monroe. Norm catching absolute fire saved the starters from remaining useless (Norm shot 10 for 11 from 3 for the series, 9 for 9 after getting into the starting lineup, literally couldn't miss from 3). In those backbreaker 4th and 5th games (and it was similar in the 6th before the Raps let up with the big lead, and then almost gave it away matching Serge to Monroe again at the end...), Monroe was -8 and -13, while JV was +11 and +15. Neutralizing Monroe was the storyline there, and it should have been achieved with an increase to JV's minutes, rather than just having him come off the bench, but it was good enough to get past a pretty mediocre Bucks team.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Laker fans seem to be okay with it. It's like he's our Patrick McCaw. Haven't watched many Laker games myself, but playoff Rondo is a thing, and I'm sure they'll miss that. Or maybe he's just washed up now.

Either way it puts the ball in Lebron's hands. He may have to play 48 minutes a game unless they can find someone else to bring the ball up.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Laker fans seem to be okay with it. It's like he's our Patrick McCaw. Haven't watched many Laker games myself, but playoff Rondo is a thing, and I'm sure they'll miss that. Or maybe he's just washed up now.

Either way it puts the ball in Lebron's hands. He may have to play 48 minutes a game unless they can find someone else to bring the ball up.
                              Rondo getting injured might be a blessing in disguise for the Laker's. If JR is in any sort of game shape then he's a way better shooter than Rondo which will be super valuable in the playoffs when defenses clamp down on Lebron. Not to mention he's played with LBJ on a few playoff runs already.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                Lebron's should read: "Hey Nike, Free the Children!" .... and "Where's My Cheque?"

https://www.cp24.com/sports/lebron-w...rsey-1.5020815

LeBron James says his thoughts on social justice can't be contained on the back of a basketball jersey.

The Los Angeles Lakers superstar won't wear one of the NBA-approved social justice messages on the back of his jersey when the NBA resumes competition later this month in the Orlando bubble.

“It was no disrespect to the list that was handed down to all the players,” James said Saturday in a confernece call from Florida. “I commend anyone that decides to put something on the back of their jersey. It's just something that didn't seriously resonate with my mission, with my goal.”
                                And now AD. Methinks they both checked on their shoe deal fine print and found out their name's had to be on the jersey
                                Lakers’ Anthony Davis to wear own name on jersey in Orlando

LOS ANGELES — Anthony Davis will wear his own name on the back of his jersey when the Los Angeles Lakers return to action.

Davis confirmed his decision Sunday in a conference call from Orlando, where the Western Conference-leading Lakers are beginning team workouts.

Davis and LeBron James both declined to choose a social justice message to replace their names on the back of their jerseys during the NBA restart.

Davis, a seven-time NBA All-Star, said he was “torn between” choosing from among the 29 approved messages and sticking with his name.

“For me, I think the name `Davis’ is something I try to represent every time I step on the floor,” he said. “I just think my last name is something that’s very important to me, and also social justice as well. But (I’m) just holding my family name and representing the name on the back to go through this process … and people who have been with me through my entire career to help me get to this point, while still kind of bringing up things that we can do for social injustice.”

HAHAHA my name, but social justice, my brand, but social justice, my endorsements, but social justice ......
                                lebron told me to ..... but yah, social justice

Comment

Working...
                                X