2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

Giving way too much credit to Casey there. The first few games, the Raps got torn apart because they were using Serge as backup C (and starting PF), and staggering those minutes, except in an incredibly dumb way, and also because that starting lineup was a mess. In the Bucks' 2 wins in the first 3 games, Greg Monroe played over 20 minutes in each and was +15 and +17 in those games, and scoring 14 and 16 points (on 8 and 12 net used possessions). Casey tried matching up to Monroe with: Poeltl, Nogueira and Serge (and the first two barely at all). Meanwhile, JV was playing barely over 20 MPG, and the starting lineup was going small while he sat, and STILL getting crushed in those losses.

Bringing JV off the bench was the solution to Monroe. Norm catching absolute fire saved the starters from remaining useless (Norm shot 10 for 11 from 3 for the series, 9 for 9 after getting into the starting lineup, literally couldn't miss from 3). In those backbreaker 4th and 5th games (and it was similar in the 6th before the Raps let up with the big lead, and then almost gave it away matching Serge to Monroe again at the end...), Monroe was -8 and -13, while JV was +11 and +15. Neutralizing Monroe was the storyline there, and it should have been achieved with an increase to JV's minutes, rather than just having him come off the bench, but it was good enough to get past a pretty mediocre Bucks team.
    This recap really confused me until I remembered Monroe was on the Bucks that year.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The guy's a knucklehead.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        The guy's a knucklehead.

LOL. How do you "inadvertently" break quarantine. All you have to do is stay in the same room and not leave.

Comment

• Bruno is a fucking dumbass. TRex was right about him damn man
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Bruno is a fucking dumbass. TRex was right about him damn man
            Million dollar wingspan... 5-cent head. smh.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

And now AD. Methinks they both checked on their shoe deal fine print and found out their name's had to be on the jersey
              Lakers’ Anthony Davis to wear own name on jersey in Orlando

LOS ANGELES — Anthony Davis will wear his own name on the back of his jersey when the Los Angeles Lakers return to action.

Davis confirmed his decision Sunday in a conference call from Orlando, where the Western Conference-leading Lakers are beginning team workouts.

Davis and LeBron James both declined to choose a social justice message to replace their names on the back of their jerseys during the NBA restart.

Davis, a seven-time NBA All-Star, said he was “torn between” choosing from among the 29 approved messages and sticking with his name.

“For me, I think the name `Davis’ is something I try to represent every time I step on the floor,” he said. “I just think my last name is something that’s very important to me, and also social justice as well. But (I’m) just holding my family name and representing the name on the back to go through this process … and people who have been with me through my entire career to help me get to this point, while still kind of bringing up things that we can do for social injustice.”

HAHAHA my name, but social justice, my brand, but social justice, my endorsements, but social justice ......
              lebron told me to ..... but yah, social justice
              The ironic and confusing thing about this is that Davis' family name is possibly (i.e. likely) the direct result of slavery, if you trace it back far enough. Is some brutal slave owner named 'Davis' is somebody that you want to keep honoring their legacy? That's been a part of the whole discussion.

I really don't get the Lebron & AD angle here. There must be some surprise "reveal" that they're going to do later to grab all the attention. That's probably being orchestrated by Klutch.

Comment

• Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Giving way too much credit to Casey there.
                  hey, i took the credit away from casey in the very next sentence

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    think we can guess why harden and mbah amoute also haven't traveled yet. in the espn story on it they quote d'antoni as saying the three of them are at home working out... isn't that a bad idea? i thought the nba was concerned about long term ramifications for ppl that have tested positive exerting themselves?

Comment

The ironic and confusing thing about this is that Davis' family name is possibly (i.e. likely) the direct result of slavery, if you trace it back far enough. Is some brutal slave owner named 'Davis' is somebody that you want to keep honoring their legacy? That's been a part of the whole discussion.

I really don't get the Lebron & AD angle here. There must be some surprise "reveal" that they're going to do later to grab all the attention. That's probably being orchestrated by Klutch.
                      With lebron, regardless of what he says, you just know he wanted to be consulted re the NBA approved jersey wording. He probably has some Nike-approved and trademarked saying with an upcoming line of lebron's-life-matters shoes coming out.

AD is just going along with whatever lebron/Klutch says.

Just having fun, nobody freak out ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

With lebron, regardless of what he says, you just know he wanted to be consulted re the NBA approved jersey wording. He probably has some Nike-approved and trademarked saying with an upcoming line of lebron's-life-matters shoes coming out.

AD is just going along with whatever lebron/Klutch says.

Just having fun, nobody freak out ....
                        Bingo. And then Lebron will donate the proceeds to the Lebron James Foundation or some affiliated non-profit group ... which is a time honored way for the wealthy to pay their family and friends "administrative salaries" while writing off lifestyle and social events as expenses.

Lebron will be praised for all of this, while no other NBA player gets to benefit in the same way.

Comment

Bingo. And then Lebron will donate the proceeds to the Lebron James Foundation or some affiliated non-profit group ... which is a time honored way for the wealthy to pay their family and friends "administrative salaries" while writing off lifestyle and social events as expenses.

Lebron will be praised for all of this, while no other NBA player gets to benefit in the same way.
                          But Lebron is putting on his jersey the name of the one cause he truly cares about: Lebron James.

Comment

• I don't give a damn what the players put on the back of their jersey. I mean, what the hell is that gonna accomplish? I don't give a shit about the Raptors BLM bus either. Putting BLM on the Raptors bus accomplished what?

On Mattyse Thybulle's short youtube clip, you can hear Tobias Harris saying: "Did you see the Raptors bus? we have to do something" And then Terrence Ross on IG live said "Everyone's talking about the Raptors bus, but look at our bus" So this is a competition now?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              I don't give a damn what the players put on the back of their jersey. I mean, what the hell is that gonna accomplish? I don't give a shit about the Raptors BLM bus either. Putting BLM on the Raptors bus accomplished what?

On Mattyse Thybulle's short youtube clip, you can hear Tobias Harris saying: "Did you see the Raptors bus? we have to do something" And then Terrence Ross on IG live said "Everyone's talking about the Raptors bus, but look at our bus" So this is a competition now?
                              LOLZ
                              Meanwhile, former Raptors All-Star Chris Bosh commented on the team's Instagram post to show his support.

"THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT," wrote the 36-year-old.

https://www.narcity.com/sports/ca/on...ze-on-thursday

Comment

• I want action.

What are they actually doing to combat racial prejudice/injustice. A march and BLM sign I guess is a nice gesture but that's not really gonna accomplish anything.

But back to NBA jerseys, a lot of NBA players and NFL players liked the Stephen Jackson's anti semitic post. One of those NBA players was JR Smith. I saw that one of the words that you can put on the back of your jersey is equality. It'd be hilarious if he and some of these players put the word equality on their jersey Bunch of hypocrites.

Btw, I still haven't seen a single NBA player rip Stephen Jackson for his anti semitic comments.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X