Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

hey, i took the credit away from casey in the very next sentence
    LOL fair enough. But even one sentence of credit qualifies for my "way too much credit" descriptor.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Looks like Oladipo is playing after all.. Assuming he's better than he was during the season, that would make it more prudent to get the second seed over the third seed.

On the other hand in Orlando, seems like Mo Bamba has gained 20 pounds and is looking pretty good. If they can get Jonathan Isaac back they could be a formidable team in the playoffs as well. Although should still be easier than Indiana.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Looks like Oladipo is playing after all.. Assuming he's better than he was during the season, that would make it more prudent to get the second seed over the third seed.

On the other hand in Orlando, seems like Mo Bamba has gained 20 pounds and is looking pretty good. If they can get Jonathan Isaac back they could be a formidable team in the playoffs as well. Although should still be easier than Indiana.
        The Oladipo not playing decision seemed premature. You go down there, practice, see how it goes and make a call closer to end of the month, especially when are a guy who is potentially that important to his team.

Comment

Looks like Oladipo is playing after all.. Assuming he's better than he was during the season, that would make it more prudent to get the second seed over the third seed.

He was coming back from a freak injury for someone his age. I'm guessing six months of extra training and conditioning has helped him tremendously but it was a weird injury for a guy in his 20's.

Facing either the Pacers or the Magic won't be an easy out but I think the Raptors match up better against the Pacers.

Comment

• There's so much hype on the Celtics right now. They're not just talkin about them as an EC contender but they're talking about them as a championship contender. I say this tho, if Tatum really is THAT guy then they have a chance. But I feel like it's still too early to call him a superstar.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              There's so much hype on the Celtics right now. They're not just talkin about them as an EC contender but they're talking about them as a championship contender. I say this tho, if Tatum really is THAT guy then they have a chance. But I feel like it's still too early to call him a superstar.
              We'll see. He was really bad last year, and just ok to start the year. But this calendar year he really has been incredible. Maybe he was just hot, but if he really is going to be the player he was for the last 3 months before the shutdown, then the Celtics have found their guy.

Comment

reading between the lines it seems like he doesn't want to play but might to recoup his salary that he might not be paid if he sits?

some kawhi-spurs vibes between oladipo and the pacers.

regardless i think orlando might actually be tougher with a healthy isaac, whether or not oladipo plays.

Comment

reading between the lines it seems like he doesn't want to play but might to recoup his salary that he might not be paid if he sits?

regardless i think orlando might actually be tougher with a healthy isaac, whether or not oladipo plays.
                  Lot of rumours about Dipo heading to Miami, where they want to pair him up with Giannis in 2021. If Dipo pulls a Kawhi I could see a trade going down this off season. But Dipo needs to play a lot better. He's been pretty trashy this year.

Comment

Lot of rumours about Dipo heading to Miami, where they want to pair him up with Giannis in 2021. If Dipo pulls a Kawhi I could see a trade going down this off season. But Dipo needs to play a lot better. He's been pretty trashy this year.
                    i wouldn't trade a bag of chips for oladipo this offseason given the injury history and the money he will presumably command in summer 2021.

edit - giannis dipo butler bam is an awful fit. none of them can shoot.

Comment

Nah. It's the NBA overriding the Pacers so you can't declare yourself healthy and then opt-out without a salary penalty. Seems fair to me.

The Pacers support Oladipo's decision and are willing to pay his salary whether or not he plays, sources said.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

We'll see. He was really bad last year, and just ok to start the year. But this calendar year he really has been incredible. Maybe he was just hot, but if he really is going to be the player he was for the last 3 months before the shutdown, then the Celtics have found their guy.
                        Kyrie Irving factor.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Kyrie Irving factor.
                          Maybe. I think it was more of the Kobe factor. Not to rag on him after his unfortunate death, but he went to that Kobe camp where he was one of Kobe's main guys. He came back taking a whole lot of brutal off balance midrange shots. He was never getting to the rim, and when he was he couldn't finish or draw fouls. He also couldn't shoot the three. Some of that is because of Kyrie, some of it is totally his mindset. What's changed is that he's way more aggressive about getting to the rim, and he's finishing/drawing fouls a lot more. He's also scorching from deep. The perimeter shooting will be what determines if he's legit or not. If he really is a good shooter than like I said, the Celtics have found their guy...

Comment

• Tatum, at that age, was looking pretty legit to me. Whether that means superstardom (ie top 5) is always hard to say without proving it in the playoffs year-after-year.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Tatum, at that age, was looking pretty legit to me. Whether that means superstardom (ie top 5) is always hard to say without proving it in the playoffs year-after-year.
                              Reminds me of Allan Houston at the moment.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Reminds me of Allan Houston at the moment.
                                Allan Houston was nasty. Hed be even better in this era, 6'6 guard who shot 3s at a great clip. Hed be looking like Bradley beal
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X