2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Is Ben Simmons the most overrated player in the NBA right now? ESPN calling him a superstar/top 10 player? he's been in the league for 4 years now and he still can't shoot. I've always wondered about these guys, shooting is by far the EASIEST skill to develop in basketball. DeRozan has been in the league for 11 years now and he still can't shoot. I'm not even talking about creating 3's off the dribble, just shoot 3's when you're wide open and guys like Simmons and DeRozan can't even do that. And in Simmons case, if you watch him play, he'll pass up a wide open 15 foot jump shot.

If Ben Simmons is a superstar then Pascal Siakam is Michael Jordan.
    He can't shoot but he can do everything else at a high level. He's a great defender, he can play all five positions. I'm not saying he ranks in the top ten, theres a pretty impressive pool of people to choose from, but he's a very good player. Kidd was not a great shooter early and he turned it around, there's still hope.

Comment

• Philly is moving Simmons to PF as of now. Will be interesting to see what that does for them. I think it makes them better.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

He can't shoot but he can do everything else at a high level. He's a great defender, he can play all five positions. I'm not saying he ranks in the top ten, theres a pretty impressive pool of people to choose from, but he's a very good player. Kidd was not a great shooter early and he turned it around, there's still hope.
        Agreed, guys a wrecking ball. Guys like Giannis, Zion and Simmons are so dominant attacking the basket that with a good supporting cast it doesnt matter they cant shoot. Theyll get exposed in the playoffs a bit but even still not many guys can stop em 1 v 1. Still ueah Simmons is closer to the 20th best player than 10th

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Agreed, guys a wrecking ball. Guys like Giannis, Zion and Simmons are so dominant attacking the basket that with a good supporting cast it doesnt matter they cant shoot. Theyll get exposed in the playoffs a bit but even still not many guys can stop em 1 v 1. Still ueah Simmons is closer to the 20th best player than 10th
          Agreed.

Comment

• Guards who can't shoot usually get exposed in the playoffs because teams would just dare them to shoot. Look at Giannis(a point porward) last year. Look at DeRozan the last 5-6 years. Simmons wasn't really all that effective last year in the playoffs either. He did an "ok" job guarding Kawhi but offensively meh. The Sixers best player in their series against the Raps was Butler.

Zion is different though because he's a power forward.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

20th best player in the NBA and only 24 years old? Things are looking good for Ben Simmons.

Comment

Guards who can't shoot usually get exposed in the playoffs because teams would just dare them to shoot. Look at Giannis(a point porward) last year. Look at DeRozan the last 5-6 years. Simmons wasn't really all that effective last year in the playoffs either. He did an "ok" job guarding Kawhi but offensively meh. The Sixers best player in their series against the Raps was Butler.

Zion is different though because he's a power forward.
                I thought he did a pretty damn good job of guarding Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi arguably had the best playoff run in NBA history.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Here are my selections:

MVP - Giannis
                  COY - Nurse
                  ROY - Morant
                  DPOY - Giannis
                  MIP - Bam
                  6MY - Harrell

They also have one called the Hustle Award which went to Marcus Smart last year. I hope Lowry gets that one this year.
                  Agree with your list. DPOY is gonna be interesting. Giannis should win it but the major sports networks in the US are hyping Anthony Davis. So we'll see.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Sweet all games are televised, even the scrimmages:

Comment

Is Ben Simmons the most overrated player in the NBA right now? ESPN calling him a superstar/top 10 player? he's been in the league for 4 years now and he still can't shoot. I've always wondered about these guys, shooting is by far the EASIEST skill to develop in basketball. DeRozan has been in the league for 11 years now and he still can't shoot. I'm not even talking about creating 3's off the dribble, just shoot 3's when you're wide open and guys like Simmons and DeRozan can't even do that. And in Simmons case, if you watch him play, he'll pass up a wide open 15 foot jump shot.

If Ben Simmons is a superstar then Pascal Siakam is Michael Jordan.
                      There's more to the game than shooting though (even though yes shooting is very important in the league today) and he's really good at pretty much everything else. Now I'm not agreeing that he's a superstar that's for sure but there isn't really much else he doesn't do at a very high level. He's a great passer, amazing defender (probably elite), a really good rebounder for his position and an amazing finisher and amazing at getting into the paint. That's a lot of things he's really good at. Shooting is almost his only weakness. That and Free throw shooting as well. But again I get it cause shooting is a big weakness to have. Especially since he doesn't even have midrange or catch and shoot threes. He's not a top 10 player but he's definitely very very good
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• NBA says no players in bubble have tested positive for COVID-19 so far

Comment

• Raptors trailing Bucks, Celtics in NBA Eastern Conference odds

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...nference-odds/

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

For context on how much of a gong show Florida is, I posted the above 5 days ago and now Florida has TRIPLE the number of active cases than all of Canada combined.
                            Sadly Florida alone now has 65 times the number of active cases than all of Canada combined. That’s nuts. Canada has done very well lately but Florida has...not.

Comment

• Pacers might be in trouble

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Pacers might be in trouble

if he's out i would officially rather fall to 3 and play indiana rather than a healthy orlando. orlando is not an easy team to score against, and i think they're better coached.

Comment

Working...
                                X