No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the quotes from nick nurse in this article insinuate that he has a clear top 8 playoff rotation in his mind.

“Yes, a welcome one,” he responded. “I think it’ll be a while for that, too. I think we’ll probably, coming up in these scrimmages, we’ll hold certain guys out of certain ones. I think everybody will probably take their turn of staying out, so I wouldn’t imagine we’ll have the full complement maybe ‘until the first game (seeding game) against the Lakers. But yeah, it’ll be a good challenge. I certainly welcome it. I think we need that top eight to play together a little bit, you know, the top eight we envisioned at the start of the year has very, very few minutes together, if any at all.”
    and i can only name 7.

the 8th kind of scares me, because i'm about 90% sure it's mr mccaw and not RHJ, or boucher, or davis, or thomas.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
      the quotes from nick nurse in this article insinuate that he has a clear top 8 playoff rotation in his mind.

and i can only name 7.

the 8th kind of scares me, because i'm about 90% sure it's mr mccaw and not RHJ, or boucher, or davis, or thomas.
      I might cry if TD doesn't get any minutes in the playoffs.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

I might cry if TD doesn't get any minutes in the playoffs.
        i would guess he's last in the rotation amongst the guys i listed. ranking his 'trust' in the players in contention for that 8th spot, i would guess it's mccaw, RHJ, boucher, then a tie between thomas and davis.

i think we'll see mccaw in the 8th spot and the others used situationally, but RHJ and boucher more situationally since we're thinner up front.

just guessing though

Comment

the quotes from nick nurse in this article insinuate that he has a clear top 8 playoff rotation in his mind.

and i can only name 7.

To quote the Philopsher King Mike Tyson.

Everyone has a strategy until you take the first punch.
          Raps are going to take punches and things are going to change....but we have the depth and now a coach who can adapt quickly.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• that's true. i do think he's currently the best coach in the league and very adaptable and our roster is versatile so that bodes well.

he does love mccaw though.

Comment

• Yep, Nurse has referred to McCaw being in the top 8 all season long, as completely nonsensical as that is. If anything, I hope he does give them some run together so he can lose some of that confidence he has in McCaw.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

i would guess he's last in the rotation amongst the guys i listed. ranking his 'trust' in the players in contention for that 8th spot, i would guess it's mccaw, RHJ, boucher, then a tie between thomas and davis.

i think we'll see mccaw in the 8th spot and the others used situationally, but RHJ and boucher more situationally since we're thinner up front.

just guessing though
                I would say its:

8 - McCaw
                T9 - rhj and Davis (situational)
                11 - Thomas
                12 - Boucher
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I feel like Nurse will give the bench guys a lot of run in the three practice games. Those and the eight regular season games will probably have a big hand in deciding the 8th, 9th, etc. pecking order
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Pascal, Marc and Serge combine for 93 minutes per game. RHJ plays the 4 as well..so don't expect much of anything for Boucher when the games get really serious

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Yep, Nurse has referred to McCaw being in the top 8 all season long, as completely nonsensical as that is. If anything, I hope he does give them some run together so he can lose some of that confidence he has in McCaw.
                      it would be nice if that could be worked out in the scrimmages ahead of the seeding games, although i suppose i might care less about seeding results given indiana news

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Pascal, Marc and Serge combine for 93 minutes per game. RHJ plays the 4 as well..so don't expect much of anything for Boucher when the games get really serious
                        i can foresee a boucher moment in the playoffs where he comes in due to foul trouble and has like 4 blocks and several dunks on breaks and putbacks to a roaring crowd.

a roaring crowd of one in my living room

Comment

i can foresee a boucher moment in the playoffs where he comes in due to foul trouble and has like 4 blocks and several dunks on breaks and putbacks to a roaring crowd.

A roaring crowd of one in my living room
                          le MAGNIFIQUE!!!!

Comment

• A franchise on par with Sarvers Suns hits the open market

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• lol

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                lol

Who the hell is Taylor Jenkins

Comment

Working...
                                X