2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I'm interested to see how he plays with the extra muscle. Apparently he's been really balling out in practice, pushing for more minutes. Every team needs a couple hungry guys on the bench, it can only push everyone else.
    He's still a rail @ 6'9 and 215
    I have a buddy who is 6'9 and 240 and lean/athletic...Chris has a ways to go before the worry would be he loses the motor. I love that he's hungry and wants minutes as they will be available on this team in a year or two as the roster will be made over.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Eh Im not too concerned 8-12 is all situational guys come postseason. Think McCaw has seen a lot of action cause in many games we don’t have another slightly below average PnR handler coming off the bench. Nick loves ball handlers and McCaw’s a low usage high assist rate guy - fits in most of the depleted lineups. Come playoffs though I agree I cant see a situation he should see much run - least likely of those situational guys to really have a moment and provide a spark.
      S.R. wrote: View Post
      McCaw made that layup once, we're good.
      DanH wrote: View Post

I would LOVE to have your optimism, but Nurse has consistently referred to a top 8 with no hint of thinking of any of those 8 as situational. 9-12 seem to be situational, which is the problem, because Boucher, RHJ, Thomas and especially Terry II are all dramatically better players than McCaw.
      slaw wrote: View Post

Based on my theory that the opposite of what Doug Smith writes will come to pass, the fact he did not even mention McCaw in his top 10 rotation players in a recent article suggests to me that McCaw may in fact be the starting 2-guard when play resumes.
      here's the thing about pat mccaw - we all like to shit on him because he's a poor finisher, isn't a very good shooter, swings the ball around like a hot potato, rarely taking the opportunity to make an aggressive play towards the basket, and dribbles the ball off his foot once every three or four touches.

Comment

• you all probably thought there was a 'but' coming, the way i set that up

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Some scrimmage games start today.. one as early as 3pm. Think its a Clippers game. If I can get a break from work, I might try and watch that. Hopefully we still get the free league pass that they gave out during the break (haven't used it for awhile now).
          clips are missing pat bev, harrell, shamet, and zubac and doc said he's going to load manage the some of his main guys.

should be awesome

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I would LOVE to have your optimism, but Nurse has consistently referred to a top 8 with no hint of thinking of any of those 8 as situational. 9-12 seem to be situational, which is the problem, because Boucher, RHJ, Thomas and especially Terry II are all dramatically better players than McCaw.
            Yeah I listened to a Nurse interview like immediately after posting that and he made one of those references, we’re screwed. I like McCaws game more than most but hes not a top 8 guy on this team lol

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

clips are missing pat bev, harrell, shamet, and zubac and doc said he's going to load manage the some of his main guys.

should be awesome
              Clippers play the lakers next Thursday. If they are down a bunch of guys and lose the lakers will be up 6.5 games for 1st in the west....and much more likely to play Lebron and AD light minutes against the raptors two nights later.

Comment

• I've been watching some of these scrimmages... my initial reaction is that this is not good. No fans, atmosphere is brutal, energy is low. Obviously this will get better as the games start to matter, but I really had no idea the viewing experience would be this bad.

Comment

• just watched the final 2 minutes of the heat/kings scrimmage. It felt a little different but not too bad even though i only saw 2 minutes. It was available on league pass was anyone else able to watch any of the other games on L.P?
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    I've been watching some of these scrimmages... my initial reaction is that this is not good. No fans, atmosphere is brutal, energy is low. Obviously this will get better as the games start to matter, but I really had no idea the viewing experience would be this bad.
                    Really? I had the opposite reaction. But I was expecting it to suck and found it didn't seem that bad. They kept the cameras zoomed in so you don't see piles of empty seats, just the court and player benches (no idea if there even are spectator seats). The lighting wasn't great in the Clippers game. Sounded like the benches were maybe mic'd up? Can hear a lot of player chatter so sounds a bit like pick up. They had some music going and made sure there was some noise in general.

It won't be the same without the fans - especially playoff ball. Trying to be glass half full about it because I'd way rather have this than nothing. Just think of it as an MTV Unplugged album, NBA style.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Alright kind of weird, too dystopian for me:

​​​​​​
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Yeah, they need to cut out the fake chants and piped in audio. It’s like the NBA can’t get enough of that in-game arena entertainment bullshit even when they aren’t in arenas and there are no fans.

Comment

• The scrimmages weren't bad at all. My only issue was you constantly hear shoes squeaking. Hopefully they can fix that.

Comment

• I think you need a little white noise/crowd noise. There's a fine line, but every other sport is doing it too. Seems to be tested, and the dead silence is too awkward
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'm usually watching without sound.. so I can't really comment from that perspective. But the visuals looked pretty good. At least from some of the Clippers game I saw (George looked pretty good). The game itself was too boring to keep going though.

I think they did a good job frankly.

The players looked like they were into it and most importantly they still gave fist bumps / high fives during free throws.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                                you all probably thought there was a 'but' coming, the way i set that up
                                Jokes are funnier when you don't have to say "get it?"

Comment

Working...
                                X