No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late to the convo but: at the end of games I want Pascal handling the ball and Lowry setting the screen. At least until teams prove they can blow it up. Fred needs to practice setting that screen too in case teams throw a second big defender on Lowry (I'm sure Nurse will work up some off ball stuff to get Lowry a smaller defender before starting the primary action anyway). If teams have three guys who Siakam can't attack, good for them.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
      Lebron and AD with 34 and 35 minutes played. Now 6.5 games up with 7 games left.

wouldn’t be shocked if they limit their minutes on Saturday night against the raptors.
      Limit for what? The season just started, if anything everyone needs playing time.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Limit for what? The season just started, if anything everyone needs playing time.
        They need the conditioning alright but Lebron & AD want to feel as fresh as possible for the playoffs. First round for the Lakers should be a cake walk.

Being Toronto is arguably their toughest opponent in their next 7 games & having beaten the Clippers while sitting comfortably 6 games at first place, I think they will pace AD & Lebron minutes for the next game. Doubt it will go much higher then 30 minutes each.

Raptors need to go in their like gangbusters and be physical with them & the Lakers will decide to pack it in early.

Comment

• Will the Raptors kneel during the Canadian national anthem?

Comment

• Kind of funny the league clearly tweaked the return to play format to get Zion and the Pels on the floor with a crack at the postseason, then for some reason NOP have him on a 15 minute restriction and loses a game anyway. I'm not a health professional but I don't understand this. He had knee surgery 9 months ago. He got back on the court 6 months ago. He was playing 30+ mpg by 5 months ago. Then he just had a nearly 4 month break. How can he possible need a minutes restriction 'for medical reasons' at this point? Load management seems to be a little out of hand.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Kind of funny the league clearly tweaked the return to play format to get Zion and the Pels on the floor with a crack at the postseason, then for some reason NOP have him on a 15 minute restriction and loses a game anyway. I'm not a health professional but I don't understand this. He had knee surgery 9 months ago. He got back on the court 6 months ago. He was playing 30+ mpg by 5 months ago. Then he just had a nearly 4 month break. How can he possible need a minutes restriction 'for medical reasons' at this point? Load management seems to be a little out of hand.
              He did miss the scrimmages, so they were probably just being cautious ramping up his workload, like we did with our starters, and Gasol in particular, in the scrimmages.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bucks vs Celtics tonight. I hate both teams.
                I guess hope for bucks so that raps can strengthen hold on 2nd place. Very unlikely raps would catch Milwaukee.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

They need the conditioning alright but Lebron & AD want to feel as fresh as possible for the playoffs. First round for the Lakers should be a cake walk.

Being Toronto is arguably their toughest opponent in their next 7 games & having beaten the Clippers while sitting comfortably 6 games at first place, I think they will pace AD & Lebron minutes for the next game. Doubt it will go much higher then 30 minutes each.

Raptors need to go in their like gangbusters and be physical with them & the Lakers will decide to pack it in early.
                  Fair enough, I guess we'll see what they choose to do but my guess is they won't do minute restrictions until the last game. It's not like they have anything better to do there.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Jayson Tatum shooting 2-17???
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      Jayson Tatum shooting 2-17???
                      Tatum ends up 2-18

Giannis ends up with 36 points, 15 boards, and 7 assists - so might dissuade some 'pundits' from thinking that the Celtics have a Giannis-stopper between Tatum/Brown/Smart

Comment

• Every boston loss is good for us. Gotta lock up that 2nd seed
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Tatum ends up 2-18

Giannis ends up with 36 points, 15 boards, and 7 assists - so might dissuade some 'pundits' from thinking that the Celtics have a Giannis-stopper between Tatum/Brown/Smart
                          Bam is the Giannis stopper. And Pascal stopper, unfortunately.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Kind of funny the league clearly tweaked the return to play format to get Zion and the Pels on the floor with a crack at the postseason, then for some reason NOP have him on a 15 minute restriction and loses a game anyway. I'm not a health professional but I don't understand this. He had knee surgery 9 months ago. He got back on the court 6 months ago. He was playing 30+ mpg by 5 months ago. Then he just had a nearly 4 month break. How can he possible need a minutes restriction 'for medical reasons' at this point? Load management seems to be a little out of hand.
                            Maybe after being off for those 4 months and an abbreviated training camp due to his personal issue he just was out of gas and couldn't get up and down the floor at NBA game speed.
                            Or
                            Maybe Alvin Gentry is as dumb as a bag of rocks.

For sure though .. it is a very curious set of decisions by the Pelys.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Mavs/Rockets score a combined one billion points in the first half.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Bam is the Giannis stopper. And Pascal stopper, unfortunately.
                                Lowkey i think Miami/Philly is a tougher matchup for Milwaukee than Boston. Neither has the offensive potential but are both can defend Giannis

Comment

Working...
                                X