2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    kind of comical to watch Giannis get stand still rebounds against the rockets

edit: also comical to be watching Bucks/Rockets on ESPN and hear them talk about the Raptors instead of the game. What world is this?!
    Love that.

No one on the Rockets can guard Giannis and it's not even close.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Watching the Bucks and Rockets too. Just had a long segment on how hard the Raptors play and how dangerous without Kawhi.
      Respect.

PS did you see Harden get a foul call where not only was he not touched but kicked the defender in the groin to boot.
      #bullchit NBA

Comment

• Bucks looking like they should win but Houston close to a record 61+ 3 point attempts
        Edit: could go either way
        Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Aug 2, 2020, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Bucks not good on either end closing out that game.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Bucks give up a lot of open 3's. Hmm.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Bucks not good on either end closing out that game.
              That game highlighted the Bucks are still going to struggle in crunch time and more importantly how difficult it is to have your close not have a jump shot.
              Down 1 Giannis just put his head down and tried to drive to the rim. Rockets packed the paint and he turns it over.
              Then your down 3 and you cant put the ball in your best players hands to finish the game because he cant consistently hit the 3.
              If we play close game vs Mil in the playoffs we should still have an advantage even without Kawhi. Middleton, Korver and Brook are probably going to be the guys who are forced to have to hit those late game shots
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

That game highlighted the Bucks are still going to struggle in crunch time and more importantly how difficult it is to have your close not have a jump shot.
                Down 1 Giannis just put his head down and tried to drive to the rim. Rockets packed the paint and he turns it over.
                Then your down 3 and you cant put the ball in your best players hands to finish the game because he cant consistently hit the 3.
                If we play close game vs Mil in the playoffs we should still have an advantage even without Kawhi. Middleton, Korver and Brook are probably going to be the guys who are forced to have to hit those late game shots
                Reminds me a bit of LeBrons first run with the Cavs - either makes the right play on a drive and kick or forces up a shot with multiple defenders. Either way a lose is his fault. Will be telling to see how far a big centric team can get (Philly, Bucks, Denver) - I guess Dwight era Magic was the last to make the finals

Comment

• Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Not to be “that guy” but you gotta wonder why he was playing. Season ending knee injury in January, team was in 8th place with some nice young pieces. Should have shut him down and focused on next year.

Edit—up 28 when the injury happened. Not good.
                    Torn ACL.

I had Isaac in fantasy and I kept close tabs on him all season. He'd been campaigning to come back by the playoffs even before COVID19. The Magic screwed up here big time though. This looks bad.

Comment

• Wow that really sucks about Isaac. Saw the play on replay. It's the typical injury we see where a guys uses so much force on his legs to jump up to the rim. Wonder if there is some technology they can add to shoes to help reduce the force on a guys knees when he lands like that. So much money is being put into athletes shoes.. you would think someone would have come up with a way to do something there.

He was the guy that made me fear the Magic in the first round. I hope he gets through recovery unscathed. The good news is he's still so young. The other rather unfortunate thing was that he was coming up for an extension. He was worth the max. Is he anymore? Really sh!tty news all around.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Wow that really sucks about Isaac. Saw the play on replay. It's the typical injury we see where a guys uses so much force on his legs to jump up to the rim. Wonder if there is some technology they can add to shoes to help reduce the force on a guys knees when he lands like that. So much money is being put into athletes shoes.. you would think someone would have come up with a way to do something there.

He was the guy that made me fear the Magic in the first round. I hope he gets through recovery unscathed. The good news is he's still so young. The other rather unfortunate thing was that he was coming up for an extension. He was worth the max. Is he anymore? Really sh!tty news all around.
                        I have Isaac in my fantasy team as well.
                        Good news is we might be able to trade for him or sign him in FA.

Comment

• The Grizzlies wearing Vancouver uniforms disgusts me
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            The Grizzlies wearing Vancouver uniforms disgusts me
                            Does OKC wear Sonics jersey on retro nights?

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              The Grizzlies wearing Vancouver uniforms disgusts me
                              I like them. Been looking for somewhere to get a Valancunias one but they are really hard to find. Either they didnt do a very good job stocking them or folks in both memphis and van scooped them up fast.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Ben Simmons tonight - 8/2/5
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X