No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were them I think I'd shop Embiid. I think you could get a bigger haul for him than for Simmons and end up with more talent on your roster overall than if you shipped Simmons. Also, I don't know if anyone's winning a championship with a big man as your best player any time soon. Your guy needs to be a guy you can hand the ball to on the perimeter. I'd go all the way and have Simmons anchor a Rockets-type small ball lineup. Active, switching defense, high tempo, lots of transition & 3PA. Mix up where you've got Simmons, can play five out and have him attack the basket or put him in the post.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Sixers are weird. DeMar almost beat them by himself. They lucked out with a 3 after they had blown a big 4th q lead. Might still be dangerous but...weird
      '76ers is like a box of chocolate'
      - Charles Barkley

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        If I were them I think I'd shop Embiid. I think you could get a bigger haul for him than for Simmons and end up with more talent on your roster overall than if you shipped Simmons. Also, I don't know if anyone's winning a championship with a big man as your best player any time soon. Your guy needs to be a guy you can hand the ball to on the perimeter. I'd go all the way and have Simmons anchor a Rockets-type small ball lineup. Active, switching defense, high tempo, lots of transition & 3PA. Mix up where you've got Simmons, can play five out and have him attack the basket or put him in the post.
        I would trade Embiid too.
        Ben is more alpha and a better leader than that big clown. No question he has talent but he is wasting it. Character is very important in team building and success.
        Our Raptors is the clearest example of that.
        To be able to do that though, they first need to overhaul their FO and coaching staff.
        I think Jason Kidd can be a good coach for them. He can help Simmons tremendously.
        Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Aug 4, 2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I would trade Embiid too.
          Ben is more alpha and a better leader than that big clown. No question he has talent but he is wasting it. Character is very important in team building and success.
          Our Raptors is the clearest example of that.
          To be able to do that though, they first need to overhaul their FO and coaching staff.
          I think Jason Kidd can be a good coach for them. He can help Simmons tremendously.
          I think Ben is far more likely to bounce when he gets the opportunity. To me he seems like a guy destined for LA.

Comment

I think we can officially say the Sixers are broken. They don't know what they're doing or who they are at this point. "Hmmm, maybe our point guard is actually a power forward?" is not something contenders play around with a handful of games before the playoffs. Butler and Reddick helped make that lineup work about as well as it can and they still came up short.
            This made me think of Washington with Wall and Beal. Was supposed to be a great combo but it just never worked well. They are way more dangerous that the Wiz, but I'm still hoping Philly continues to sink assets into trying to make their duo work.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              This made me think of Washington with Wall and Beal. Was supposed to be a great combo but it just never worked well. They are way more dangerous that the Wiz, but I'm still hoping Philly continues to sink assets into trying to make their duo work.
              As a Raptors fan, I'll be more than happy to see Philly top out as a semi-dysfunctional 2nd round team after suffering through years of some of the worst basketball in NBA history all for the sake of #TheProcess.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I think Ben is far more likely to bounce when he gets the opportunity. To me he seems like a guy destined for LA.
                True.
                The way Brown is using him right now, I can sense a trade demand to the Lakers.
                Imagine a LeBron- AD- Simmons. Damn.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

True.
                  The way Brown is using him right now, I can sense a trade demand to the Lakers.
                  Imagine a LeBron- AD- Simmons. Damn.
                  Except.. the Lakers don't have any assets to trade for Simmons - most of their first round picks for the foreseeable future are tied up in the Anthony Davis deal, and Simmons signed an extension, which kicks in next year - so for salary matching purposes, the Lakers have to ship out somewhere in the neighbourhood of $29M in salaries to acquire Simmons

Comment

• I'm sure it will change but if not, I'm done with predicting any scores for the seeding games. Other than that the Raps will be trying to win until they get the 2 seed. Of course, I also would have been sure the Nets wouldn't have dropped 73 points on the full strength Bucks at halftime. Good coaching Bud.

Comment

I'm sure it will change but if not, I'm done with predicting any scores for the seeding games. Other than that the Raps will be trying to win until they get the 2 seed. Of course, I also would have been sure the Nets wouldn't have dropped 73 points on the full strength Bucks at halftime. Good coaching Bud.
                      Scary part is that the Nets didn't score that many points as a result of an unsustainable 3-point hot streak - they're only shooting 37% from 3 at the moment

Comment

• Regardless of what Philly does with Embiid and Simmons down the road I'd still like to see them finish in the 5 hole.
                        Let them and Miami beat their brains out for the right to face the Alphabet in round 2.

The Raps assuming they get by either of Brooklyn or the The Magic then would draw one of the Sabonis-less Indy or the Centre-less Chowders.
                        As much as it saddens me to have to cheer for the King of Cardio and his sidekick Simmons..... Thats the preferred route from this corner of the cheap seats.

Yes.. No.. Maybe ?
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

I'm sure it will change but if not, I'm done with predicting any scores for the seeding games. Other than that the Raps will be trying to win until they get the 2 seed. Of course, I also would have been sure the Nets wouldn't have dropped 73 points on the full strength Bucks at halftime. Good coaching Bud.
                          Obviously the Bucks are taking the Nets lightly and will probably turn it on for a few minutes in the 4th quarter and put them away. Giannis has only played 16 minutes and it's already into the 4th quarter now.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Obviously the Bucks are taking the Nets lightly and will probably turn it on for a few minutes in the 4th quarter and put them away. Giannis has only played 16 minutes and it's already into the 4th quarter now.
                            Bucks straight up took the game off, gave the starters a few minutes to stay warm then the rest to the depth guys.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Regardless of what Philly does with Embiid and Simmons down the road I'd still like to see them finish in the 5 hole.
                              Let them and Miami beat their brains out for the right to face the Alphabet in round 2.

The Raps assuming they get by either of Brooklyn or the The Magic then would draw one of the Sabonis-less Indy or the Centre-less Chowders.
                              As much as it saddens me to have to cheer for the King of Cardio and his sidekick Simmons..... Thats the preferred route from this corner of the cheap seats.

Yes.. No.. Maybe ?
                              I like the Philly vs Boston matchup with the Raptors taking the leftovers in round 2. Pretty confident Gasol & Co. can handle Philly if they come out on top (unlikely) but Philly should knock the undersized Celtics around a bit should Boston prove to be King of the Ring. Win-win for the Raptors.

Comment

Bucks straight up took the game off, gave the starters a few minutes to stay warm then the rest to the depth guys.
                                Yeah, Bud punted the game for sure. No Brook Lopez and only 16 minutes each for Giannis and Middleton.

The NBA won't be too happy about that. Especially when you consider that the NBA is going big into the betting world and the Nets just crushed the spread. Bud might find a horse's head in his bed tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X