No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Utah is tanking this game against San Antonio. Their starting line up is pretty interesting.

Comment

• James Harden’s 39 points help Rockets past shorthanded Lakers

This was the headline.
      Of course it didn't mention that Houston didn't have Westbrook and still outbombed LA 21 of 67 to 2 of 19 from 3

That's right; 67 three pt attempts ....

Not a giant fan of Harden or especially Westbrook but I'd still love them to knock out both LA's

Comment

• Pat McCaw is out of the bubble for medical attention.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Pat McCaw is out of the bubble for medical attention.
          Lock the BUBBLE!!!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

The Raptors are in the finals and its game seven in the West in the "Battle of LA". Who do you want, Clippers or Lakers? It sounds like the Clippers. That's also the best basketball story imaginable for this season in my opinion anyway.
            Tough call, actually. I'll go with the Clippers. This roster would get a lot of satisfaction out of beating Kawhi in the Finals, giving last year's chip some perspective. Beating Lebronto would also be fun, but I think there'd be some excuses there re: his age and lack of help.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Tough call, actually. I'll go with the Clippers. This roster would get a lot of satisfaction out of beating Kawhi in the Finals, giving last year's chip some perspective. Beating Lebronto would also be fun, but I think there'd be some excuses there re: his age and lack of help.
              i'd rather beat the clippers. i'd rather play the lakers

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

that's where miami comes in.

beat bucks in round 2, giannis wants out but can't go to miami because it's a bad look.

two birds stoned at once
                Best case ontario
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Just watched an espn segment with matt barnes, RJ and a talking head. Talking about how much of a big win the Bucks had against the heat. A butler less heat the other day. Which makes them have a better chance to make the finals over the raps.
                  Ummm where were you the other day? We beat that team that actually had there best player available

Comment

• Rudy Gobert sitting against the Spurs means Jakob Poeltl having a game - 17 points / 8 boards / 3 blocks

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      Just watched an espn segment with matt barnes, RJ and a talking head. Talking about how much of a big win the Bucks had against the heat. A butler less heat the other day. Which makes them have a better chance to make the finals over the raps.
                      Ummm where were you the other day? We beat that team that actually had there best player available
                      Dragic also didn't play in that game and the Heat almost pulled it off.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        Just watched an espn segment with matt barnes, RJ and a talking head. Talking about how much of a big win the Bucks had against the heat. A butler less heat the other day. Which makes them have a better chance to make the finals over the raps.
                        You went wrong when you tried to make sense of their nonsense.

Comment

• Zion ruled out for today's game against the Wiz(rest). Dude needs rest after all that time off.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            Zion ruled out for today's game against the Wiz(rest). Dude needs rest after all that time off.
                            It's not looking good for a guy who fully healthy looked unstoppable

Dr. Brian Sutterer has become a well-known analyst of sports injuries on YouTube and Twitter and was recently interviewed by Ethan Sherwood Strauss of The Athletic about Zion Williamson.

Williamson's minutes have been closely managed by the New Orleans Pelicans and hasn't looked as explosive during the NBA's restart.

“He’s in a race against his own body,” Dr. Sutterer said over the phone. “If you go watch his Duke highlights compared to now, the difference is profound. In my opinion, his athleticism and conditioning have regressed substantially. He’s less explosive, less conditioned, slower on defense, has already had a portion of his meniscus removed from his knee after an injury, and he’s still under close monitoring from the medical staff.”

Williamson sees a troubling long-term trend with Williamson.

“I feel like nobody really wants to call it like we all see it,” Dr. Sutterer said. “He’s trying to reverse a career trajectory that by the Pelicans’ own admission is worrisome as evidenced by his ‘reprogramming’ and scrutinized minutes. He had four months to start making positive strides and to me he’s regressed more. When will he finally start to reverse course? Will it be in time before more substantial fitness concerns and injuries limit him and threaten his career? Instead of outpacing these risks, I’m worried that Zion is losing the race.”
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If i have to pick right now what rookie i want to build my team around. Im picking Ja. Sure Zion may have more potential but the chances he reaches that dont look too promising.
                              I would give a 75% chance right now that Ja has a better career.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

It's not looking good for a guy who fully healthy looked unstoppable
                                Lots of us have been skeptical that Zion can play an 82-game season since the fall (I remember a few of us discussing it on here right before he got injured). I don't know if he's too fat or out of shape or injured or hurt or whatever but just watching him play its's obvious he can't physically handle the demands of the NBA game. This was true in October and it is true now.

Hopefully, they get it sorted out but this bubble experience was not encouraging.

Comment

Working...
                                X