2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

Lots of us have been skeptical that Zion can play an 82-game season since the fall (I remember a few of us discussing it on here right before he got injured). I don't know if he's too fat or out of shape or injured or hurt or whatever but just watching him play its's obvious he can't physically handle the demands of the NBA game. This was true in October and it is true now.

Hopefully, they get it sorted out but this bubble experience was not encouraging.
    I was part of that discussion, and I'm still really skeptical about how much he's going to be able to play. He's still really heavy, and the fact that the Pels don't trust him to play 30mpg after 4 months off really says something. He still comes down on his knees hard every jump, he needs to learn to fall like most guys do when they come down after a layup. He's landing like Derrick Rose did and it just loads so much force on the knees every time, only he's maybe 100 pounds heavier. The weight makes falling after a layup a lot more dangerous too. I think the only solution is that he has to lose literally 30 pounds or so. It's a shame because he really does look transcendent at his best.

Comment

• Heat guard Kendrick Nunn has left the NBA’s Walt Disney World campus for personal reasons, according to Ira Winderman of The South Florida Sun-Sentinel (Twitter link). His absence isn’t related to the coronavirus, Winderman adds.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

I was part of that discussion, and I'm still really skeptical about how much he's going to be able to play. He's still really heavy, and the fact that the Pels don't trust him to play 30mpg after 4 months off really says something. He still comes down on his knees hard every jump, he needs to learn to fall like most guys do when they come down after a layup. He's landing like Derrick Rose did and it just loads so much force on the knees every time, only he's maybe 100 pounds heavier. The weight makes falling after a layup a lot more dangerous too. I think the only solution is that he has to lose literally 30 pounds or so. It's a shame because he really does look transcendent at his best.
        Even beyond injury risk, its pretty clear that Zion’s weight affects his play to me. Pretty hard to be a great defender with cement feet unless you are a fantastic rim defender. He moved better before the break, but still there is no way he can defend the perimeter and has no impact as a rim defender. Sure hes a bull attacking the rim, but he kinda needs to if he gives up 30 on the other end.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          Zion ruled out for today's game against the Wiz(rest). Dude needs rest after all that time off.
          They need to get real with him. Hire him his own nutritionist and chef. Have him go on a strict diet and get him down. He's gonna end up like Eddy Curry. He's like 300lbs.

Comment

• This final stretch is still pretty unpredictable. Hear lots of chatter about getting ready for four games against the Magic but right now the Nets have a 1 and 1/2 game hold on the 7th seed

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              This final stretch is still pretty unpredictable. Hear lots of chatter about getting ready for four games against the Magic but right now the Nets have a 1 and 1/2 game hold on the 7th seed
              Orlando's schedule is a bit softer.. they play Boston, Brooklyn, New Orleans.

Brooklyn plays LAC, Orlando, Portland

That Orlando/Brooklyn game should decide it but I think Orlando is winning that game. I don't think Brooklyn goes even 1-2, I think they go 0-3 here. On the other hand I think Orlando goes 2-1.

Comment

• Ben Simmons having arthroscopic knee surgery

Comment

• People really think the Blazers can beat the Lakers in the playoffs? lol. They just lost to the Clippers "C" team!

Dame is all time great but they need to make all kinds of changes in the offseason. 1. Trade McCollum.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    People really think the Blazers can beat the Lakers in the playoffs? lol. They just lost to the Clippers "C" team!

Dame is all time great but they need to make all kinds of changes in the offseason. 1. Trade McCollum.
                    I'd hazard a guess that most people would predict the Clippers would beat the Lakers in a series this year, so the analogy doesn't really hold. By recent game results then, the Raptors won't get past the Celtics in the 2nd round this year - so they should be trading Siakam?

Clippers were only down Kawhi and Beverley from their rotation - hardly their 'C' team.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

I'd hazard a guess that most people would predict the Clippers would beat the Lakers in a series this year, so the analogy doesn't really hold. By recent game results then, the Raptors won't get past the Celtics in the 2nd round this year - so they should be trading Siakam?

Clippers were only down Kawhi and Beverley from their rotation - hardly their 'C' team.

and Harrell and PG didnt play any crunch time. In a game Portland needed to have that's a really bad loss
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

They need to get real with him. Hire him his own nutritionist and chef. Have him go on a strict diet and get him down. He's gonna end up like Eddy Curry. He's like 300lbs.
                        is he out of shape all of a sudden after a few days out of the bubble? i thought all the hype coming into the restart was about how good he looked.

it will be such a shame if his career gets cut short. dude is an all-time talent. giannis/shaq like per minute production at 19 years old.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Ben Simmons having arthroscopic knee surgery
                          #TrustTheProcess

Comment

• Lillard and George are talking shit to each other on Instagram hahahaha
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• MPJ looks for real. Denver might have the best starting 5 in the west when healthy now. Murray, Harris, mpj, Millsap, jokic. Is a crazy balanced lineup if porter keeps this up L.A and Houston should be worried
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                MPJ looks for real. Denver might have the best starting 5 in the west when healthy now. Murray, Harris, mpj, Millsap, jokic. Is a crazy balanced lineup if porter keeps this up L.A and Houston should be worried
                                Murray can be the difference maker for them, though. What a performance today.

Comment

Working...
                                X