Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Zion is out, Pels lost to Spurs
    Nice to see Derozan playing well and winning. Hopefully they find a way in to that 8th seed.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Nice to see Derozan playing well and winning. Hopefully they find a way in to that 8th seed.
      Yeah but DeRozan vs lebron?

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        Am I the only one that thinks Luka is a way better player than Zion? like, it's not even really close. Luka is also a much more exciting player to watch but Zion somehow gets more hype/recognition.

If we're talking about the 3 best young players in the game, not sure Zion is even in my top 3.

1. Luka
        2. Tatum
        3. Booker
        Doncic is on a trajectory to be one of the greatest of all time with Jordan, Magic, Bird, Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, Russell, Duncan. The only comp among his peers is Giannis.
        Last edited by slaw; Sun Aug 9, 2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Dame jumps sideways into the defender and gets the 4 point play, meanwhile I'm trying to see how this is any different than Lowry's drive that got called an offensive foul the other night.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nets shot 86% in the 1st quarter vs the Clippers. Feels a lot like the real contenders are sleepwalking on & off until the playoffs.

Comment

• Nets up 20 in 2nd. Looks like they will be our matchup. Them and lebron are the last 2 we need to cross off the revenge tour. Let's get em
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Leafs are out.
                Jays are irrelevant
                Raps can own Canada once again

Comment

• Is that a Fuck Brooklyn I smell in the air?
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    Nets up 20 in 2nd. Looks like they will be our matchup. Them and lebron are the last 2 we need to cross off the revenge tour. Let's get em
                    Finally a video from 6 years ago can be used again!

Comment

• Awesome, I’d rather play the nets over Orlando.

I’m hoping the Sixers still give the Celtics a drag me out series. Although Ben is out I think they still can make some noise. Embid better step up.

Comment

• I was thinking.. how is the 7th seed locked up for the Nets when there are 2 games remaining? Looked at the standings.. Magic have 3 more losses. So even if the Nets go 0-2 and Magic go 2-0... the best the Magic can do is be 34-39.. where as the worst the Nets can do is 34-38.

Weird how that worked. I think the Nets are a scrappy bunch.. but play absolutely no defense. LeVert will be a handful, and he was the last player to score over 30 against our team. Just have to find a way to stop him, and you stop the Nets.

But yeah beating them should not be an issue. If we can't sweep them I'll be pretty upset.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          Awesome, I’d rather play the nets over Orlando.

I’m hoping the Sixers still give the Celtics a drag me out series. Although Ben is out I think they still can make some noise. Embid better step up.
                          I think Embid left the last game with an ankle injury and didn't return. Even with him healthy I don't think they have a chance against the Celtics. Just too many perimeter players on the Celtics and no Simmons to guard guard them. I can see them getting swept in the first round.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            Am I the only one that thinks Luka is a way better player than Zion? like, it's not even really close. Luka is also a much more exciting player to watch but Zion somehow gets more hype/recognition.

If we're talking about the 3 best young players in the game, not sure Zion is even in my top 3.

1. Luka
                            2. Tatum
                            3. Booker
                            That list looks about right, but really not sure if Booker deserves to be there based on a 5 game run in the bubble. He's a heck of a scorer but hasn't done anything to lift Phoenix out of the gutter yet. Agree Zion gets way more hype than deserved at the moment.

Luka might be a top 10 all time great by the time he's done. He needs to start making a case for that in the playoffs though and it's going to be tough this year against the Clippers.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

That list looks about right, but really not sure if Booker deserves to be there based on a 5 game run in the bubble. He's a heck of a scorer but hasn't done anything to lift Phoenix out of the gutter yet. Agree Zion gets way more hype than deserved at the moment.

Luka might be a top 10 all time great by the time he's done. He needs to start making a case for that in the playoffs though and it's going to be tough this year against the Clippers.
                              Thing is most good young players are the best player on really bad teams - I feel like the only other guy under 25 who is in the conversation and on a playoff team is Simmons. You could probably talk me into Simmons as a better player than Booker longterm but in terms of team building I think Booker is easier to start a team around.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It has nothing to do with the the Suns 5 game run in the bubble. I've always been a fan of Booker. I said in his draft year that he's a top 5 talent. Looking at all the players that were drafted ahead of him, I think Booker will go down as the best player in that draft.

I can't think of another young player not named Luka and Tatum that are better than Book.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X