2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

What am I missing with Booker? The best of the rest under 25 after Doncic? There's a bunch of guys in that range who have done more than Booker and whose teams are better/successful because of them.

Exactly what I'm trying to convey.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
      If you're Masai, would u bring DeRozan back next year?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ballislif...84362413969413
      I'd be afraid that he'd mess up Lowry. Team chemistry now is so much better than when they were here together.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I'd be afraid that he'd mess up Lowry. Team chemistry now is so much better than when they were here together.
        that's not what i'd be worried about.

i'd be most worried about his defense. i don't think he has the wherewithal to dig down on the ball and recover out to shooters and rotate defensively on a string the way our current perimeter players do.

and he doesn't shoot threes, which is a must for this team.

in many ways, he's the antithesis of a nick nurse player

Comment

• So, is it Raps vs Nets on the first round confirmed? Looks like the Nets will have played 72 games total while Orlando will have played 73? Either way it looks like there's no chance Orlando will end up with higher winning % than the Nets.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            So, is it Raps vs Nets on the first round confirmed? Looks like the Nets will have played 72 games total while Orlando will have played 73? Either way it looks like there's no chance Orlando will end up with higher winning % than the Nets.
            Yeah I had to do the math. If Orlando goes 2-0 they will finish at 34-39. If Brooklyn goes 0-2 they will finish at 34-38. So no matter what, Brooklyn has the higher winning percentage so gets the 7th seed.

The NBA is using winning percentage to determine who gets the better seed after the 8 restart games are played. And then will use the tie-breaker rules if two teams have the same winning percentage.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i'd be most worried about his defense. i don't think he has the wherewithal to dig down on the ball and recover out to shooters and rotate defensively on a string the way our current perimeter players do.

While I am not advocating for a DD return (beyond the money, the past is best left buried and all that), DeRozan has completely changed his game in the bubble, moved to PF, and has been an excellent playmaker, distributor and part-time scorer for the Spurs. The Spurs going young and small has been a revelation seeing Murray, White and Walker together but none of it works if Demar doesn't accommodate it all and reinvent his game. Will be interesting to see where he ends up next season.

Comment

• DeMar at PF is a sneaky good move. He can be a point forward and guard near the rim as opposed to on the perimeter where he can get lost or get in trouble. I hope DeMar lands on a playoff team and not some crappy team like Minnesota or Sacramento.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

I thought that much was obvious and was looking for secondary reasons lol
                  We all remember DD won't/can't play D and the hero ball days

Comment

While I am not advocating for a DD return (beyond the money, the past is best left buried and all that), DeRozan has completely changed his game in the bubble, moved to PF, and has been an excellent playmaker, distributor and part-time scorer for the Spurs. The Spurs going young and small has been a revelation seeing Murray, White and Walker together but none of it works if Demar doesn't accommodate it all and reinvent his game. Will be interesting to see where he ends up next season.
                    can't say i've watched a ton of bubble-spurs apart from some of the game yesterday but he's been a more versatile offensive player than he's been given for for a while now, and had much improved his playmaking skills the year before he left.

but he's still not taking threes and still a below average defender as far as i know, so don't think he's a good fit. beyond the contract and burying the past, etc., which i agree with you on

Comment

Id love to see Demar revive a young crapy eastern conference team. Im sure Chicago could get DeRozan for peanuts and would instantly make them a playoff team. Its not like that team is tanking, they just have mediocre ball handlers and distributers. They maybe need one more shooter, but there is enough there for a good offense - of course the defense is another matter.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        DeMar at PF is a sneaky good move. He can be a point forward and guard near the rim as opposed to on the perimeter where he can get lost or get in trouble. I hope DeMar lands on a playoff team and not some crappy team like Minnesota or Sacramento.
                        I like Demar at the 4 also. Will be interesting what they do with Aldridge.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          DeMar at PF is a sneaky good move. He can be a point forward and guard near the rim as opposed to on the perimeter where he can get lost or get in trouble. I hope DeMar lands on a playoff team and not some crappy team like Minnesota or Sacramento.
                          I can see him land in Orlando next season. Not a bad stop at all.

Comment

• Denver is currently trying to close out the Lakers with their bench squad. Mason Plumlee and Bol Bol have feasted in the 4th
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Lakers really want this game. They know they need home court advantage against us

Comment

• hear that on the TNT broadcast? they were talking about how lebron is unstoppable when he's going downhill to the rim (after he just dunked)....except maybe kyle lowry (their words)

Comment

Working...
                                X