2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    "The NBA and NBPA have reportedly sent a memo to teams detailing guidelines on the guests that will be allowed to enter the Orlando bubble after the first round of the playoffs, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

Each player will be allowed four guests, Wojnarowski reported, but that number can be exceeded for children. Guests will have the option of quarantining in a team’s home market for three days and then travelling to Orlando, Fla., where they will then quarantine for an additional four days, or guests can travel directly to Orlando and quarantine for seven days."

What about short term few-hours-on-a-Friday-night "guests"?

"There are specific conditions that must be met for a person to be eligible to be a guest. Players will be allowed to bring in family and “established longstanding personal friends,” according to Wojnarowski, but “any individual the player has not previously met in person or with whom the player has had limited in-person interactions …(for example) known by the player only through social media or an intermediary” will not be allowed."
    Given the absolute state of fear, panic and paranoia gripping western societies right now, this seems like a bad idea. All it will take is one slip and there will be calls to end the season, burn down Disney World and disband the NBA.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      "The NBA and NBPA have reportedly sent a memo to teams detailing guidelines on the guests that will be allowed to enter the Orlando bubble after the first round of the playoffs, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

Each player will be allowed four guests, Wojnarowski reported, but that number can be exceeded for children. Guests will have the option of quarantining in a team’s home market for three days and then travelling to Orlando, Fla., where they will then quarantine for an additional four days, or guests can travel directly to Orlando and quarantine for seven days."

What about short term few-hours-on-a-Friday-night "guests"?

"There are specific conditions that must be met for a person to be eligible to be a guest. Players will be allowed to bring in family and “established longstanding personal friends,” according to Wojnarowski, but “any individual the player has not previously met in person or with whom the player has had limited in-person interactions …(for example) known by the player only through social media or an intermediary” will not be allowed."
      IG models not allowed lmao.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        Portland was without Nurk and Zach Collins, add in Whiteside and that is a pretty good big man rotation. Melo and Gary Trent Jr. have looked pretty good in the restart. When you add in Dame and CJ that is a tough 7. The Lakers are deeper and that would favor them in a series that goes the distance, but If Portland gets hot early they could shock the Lakers.
        I still don't see how the Lakers is 'deeper' than the Blazers, tbh.
        After Lebron- AD, who else do they really have?
        Sure they have more vets, but those vets were released by their previous teams for a reason.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Portland is a better team with Nurk, who wasn't there all year. I think it's fair to suggest LeBron is the heavy favourite (true of most matchups he's ever been in), but it's also fair to suggest that of the potential 8th spot teams, Portland is overall the most talented and most likely to put up a decent fight.
          Lakers also lost 2 of their better defenders in the bubble, Bradley and Rondo, and are really lacking in depth in their guard spots. They haven't looked good in the bubble, but of course that could because they have clinched the first seed. They have Lebron and AD so they will be the heavy favorites against the Blazers. I wouldn't count the Blazers out.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
            Portland was without Nurk and Zach Collins, add in Whiteside and that is a pretty good big man rotation. Melo and Gary Trent Jr. have looked pretty good in the restart. When you add in Dame and CJ that is a tough 7. The Lakers are deeper and that would favor them in a series that goes the distance, but If Portland gets hot early they could shock the Lakers.
            With a healthy lineup Portland is a legit 50 win team (82 games schedule) in the West.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              https://pr.nba.com/seeding-games-awards/

So who have you got?

Here are my choices:

Player of the Bubble: TJ Warren
              All Bubble First Team: Booker, Doncic, Harden, Warren, DeRozan
              All Bubble Second Team: VanVleet, Brown, Lillard, LeVert, Paul

I got my vote for PLAYA of the bubble

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Who's the better PG? Steph or Dame? and who'd you rather have on your team?

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                  Who's the better PG? Steph or Dame? and who'd you rather have on your team?
                  Is this a serious question? lol. It's really a what have you done for me lately league lol.

Steph Curry is the best PG in basketball and it's not close. There's levels to this. Dame is great but he's not in that level.. Steph Curry will go down as the second best PG in history. Dude revolutionized the game of basketball. The game right now is basically about shooting 3's. Why? because of Steph Curry.

Y'all must've forgot.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I still don't see how the Lakers is 'deeper' than the Blazers, tbh.
                    After Lebron- AD, who else do they really have?
                    Sure they have more vets, but those vets were released by their previous teams for a reason.
                    Lakers don't have more depth, they would have the 2 best players in the series which, in the NBA, means they should win.

Dame is a ton of fun and can score a pile, but Portland has been a treadmill lower seed with him at the helm for years. He does have good help right now but also he's at his max gear already and they're barely beating teams like Dallas.

Lakers are 1 seed in the west for a reason. They've been coasting in the bubble and I feel like people are forgetting how good they are. Losing Bradley and Rondo hurts a bit, but not enough to affect the first round.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Is this a serious question? lol. It's really a what have you done for me lately league lol.

Steph Curry is the best PG in basketball and it's not close. There's levels to this. Dame is great but he's not in that level.. Steph Curry will go down as the second best PG in history. Dude revolutionized the game of basketball. The game right now is basically about shooting 3's. Why? because of Steph Curry.

Y'all must've forgot.

I was wondering if the better question was who would you sooner start with today but Dame is 28 himself and only 2 years younger.
                      It's still Curry.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

IG models not allowed lmao.
                        lol

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I got my vote for PLAYA of the bubble

weren't they sisters

Comment

• Pretty hilarious

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

weren't they sisters
                              No. But one of their sisters was ballin' with another baller.
                              Lou recently broke up with Rece Mitchell (on the right). Rumour is she did Lou dirty with Drake

Comment

• Could miss part or all of the first round.

Comment

Working...
                                X