2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think philly loses to celtics and heat. So let philly have a physical series with Boston. Heat can play bucks in 2nd round

thats where I am at too

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Could miss part or all of the first round.
      which means cp3 could face one of the LA's

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

He did everything right, it wasn't his fault he wasn't good enough. I know I'm wrong when I say this, but it would make me happy if he came back and came off the bench. Play him as a backup 4 and let him create offence for our shooters. This will never happen and it would probably make us worse, but sentimentality is a real thing, I can't help it.
        yeah I think demar was basically a poormans kawhi (minus the defence).

but on offense similar games. Except Kawhi obviously was stronger, and could shoot the 3.

Defence was another thing entirely.

Demar was fun to watch. They have completely changed his game to one where he doesn't even look at 3pt shots.

I don't know if I love it or hate it but yeah.

I think demar fits in the nba moving forward but he works in very specific instances. You either need to surround him with shooters and turn him into a Westbrook type guy who also can do the old school Kobe style footwork in the paint, OR you turn him into a distributor.

Comment

• Pacers beat the Rockets, so the East matchups are set:

Milwaukee vs Orlando
          Toronto vs Brooklyn
          Boston vs Philadelphia
          Miami vs Indiana
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
            Pacers beat the Rockets, so the East matchups are set:

Milwaukee vs Orlando
            Toronto vs Brooklyn
            Boston vs Philadelphia
            Miami vs Indiana
            I mean there is still technically a chance right that they can catch up? or no (Philly?)

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Lakers don't have more depth, they would have the 2 best players in the series which, in the NBA, means they should win.

Dame is a ton of fun and can score a pile, but Portland has been a treadmill lower seed with him at the helm for years. He does have good help right now but also he's at his max gear already and they're barely beating teams like Dallas.

Lakers are 1 seed in the west for a reason. They've been coasting in the bubble and I feel like people are forgetting how good they are. Losing Bradley and Rondo hurts a bit, but not enough to affect the first round.
              Problem with this is that LeBron is one pulled groin away from being upset in the first round. AD is no iron man himself.

Comment

• Rockets-OKC round 1! Hell ya! this was the series i wanted the most. Going to be a hell of a series
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• West playoff matchups:

Lakers vs TBA (still a four team race!)
                  Clippers vs Dallas
                  Denver vs Utah
                  Houston vs OKC
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I mean there is still technically a chance right that they can catch up? or no (Philly?)
                    Nope, locked in. Only question is whether Heat or Pacers are the "home" team, which is meaningless at this point.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Man...Boston will have no competition against Sixers
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Man...Boston will have no competition against Sixers
                        There really are only 4 decent teams in the East after all.

Pacers are a feel good story, but without Sabonis and now Warren having plantar fasciitis as well doesn't bode well for them. Philly without Simmons is a write off.

I think the second round will be great. But yeah, the first round should be a bit of a snooze.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                          West playoff matchups:

Lakers vs TBA (still a four team race!)
                          Clippers vs Dallas
                          Denver vs Utah
                          Houston vs OKC
                          Houston vs OKC is the matchup everyone wants. The other three should be pretty clear cut, even if the Blazers make it as the 8th seed.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Man...Boston will have no competition against Sixers
                            I think the Celtics should be heavily favoured, but there's also a chance Philly makes it interesting. Embiid can be hard to stop and Boston doesn't have the size to deal with him. Boston's sheer total talent advantage should let them run away with it, but if Embiid gets some star calls and Philly hits some shots, with how important having the best player in a series can be, I wouldn't be shocked if Philly managed to at least give them a scare or even surprise them.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think the Celtics should be heavily favoured, but there's also a chance Philly makes it interesting. Embiid can be hard to stop and Boston doesn't have the size to deal with him. Boston's sheer total talent advantage should let them run away with it, but if Embiid gets some star calls and Philly hits some shots, with how important having the best player in a series can be, I wouldn't be shocked if Philly managed to at least give them a scare or even surprise them.
                              I think it can happen for one game where they underestimate them. Boston is a well-coached team I don't see Brad Stevens not getting his team ready. But if Embiid plays up to his potential I agree I think he can make it interesting. Will that happen though? We'll see I guess
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Like I said (and I really like Embiid's fun personality), with Simmons out, he's ready to throw in the towel at the first him of adversity. If they get down big in a game or 2-0 in the series, it's over.

Comment

Working...
                                X