• Show
Clear All

• if Nets lights us up like this in playoffs...I'll throw up
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Lakers-Blazers will be like 2018 Raptors-Cavs
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I think the Grizzlies can beat the Blazers.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          I think the Grizzlies can beat the Blazers.
          I hope so. Just sucks they have to do it twice in 2 days. Maybe JV going to have another triple double
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            if Nets lights us up like this in playoffs...I'll throw up
            You and I could probably drop 20 on the Blazers. That defense is atrocious. It’s just like the Derozan/Lowry Raptors where CJ and Dame don’t have to play any D... just score.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Probably.. Nets are 5-2 in the bubble and have nobody to really rest (everyone on the team is young). Blazers come in over confident and Nets can take it.. Sillier stuff has happened in the NBA.

Plus CJ has a fracture in his back, and Dame is averaging around 40mpg in the bubble.

Either would should be a fun game. I think Blazers win it 135-132 or something high like that (neither team plays defense).
              Final score was 134-133.. was so close.

Comment

• Nets can get crazy hot from 3.. I think they shot at like 50% tonight. And they shoot a lot. That's their game plan. They have young, fast guys that just shoot. But play absolutely no defense.

Raptors can shoot too.. maybe not as much or as efficiently.. but Raptors play defense. Just slow the game a bit.. make it a grind. Get the Nets off their rhythm and get them to turn it over. Raps should still win in 4 or 5.

Comment

• Nets are missing so many players. Lol

Durant, Irving, Dinwiddie, Taurean Prince, Deandre Jordan, Wilson Chandler, Jamal “I’m 40” Crawford

That’d be a pretty solid top 7.

Comment

• Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      If there's a way to make up for not having a superstar, this plus top flight D is it.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        Nets are missing so many players. Lol

Durant, Irving, Dinwiddie, Taurean Prince, Deandre Jordan, Wilson Chandler, Jamal “I’m 40” Crawford

That’d be a pretty solid top 7.
                        Just goes to show how underrated coaching and team chemistry is. Blazers had their full-squad last night, coming into a must-win game playing at their peak, but the Nets came oh-so-close to knocking them out. If you went solely by talent, Portland should have won by at least 50.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Just goes to show how underrated coaching and team chemistry is. Blazers had their full-squad last night, coming into a must-win game playing at their peak, but the Nets came oh-so-close to knocking them out. If you went solely by talent, Portland should have won by at least 50.
                          Meh, there was some terrible defence being played but even considering that, there was also a pretty significant shooting performance difference between the two teams. The Nets shot over 50% from midrange and over 40% from three, the Blazers shot 33% from 3... Winning a game despite that sort of shooting luck difference just means you are actually much better than the other team, even with the awful defence thrown in the mix.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Meh, there was some terrible defence being played but even considering that, there was also a pretty significant shooting performance difference between the two teams. The Nets shot over 50% from midrange and over 40% from three, the Blazers shot 33% from 3... Winning a game despite that sort of shooting luck difference just means you are actually much better than the other team, even with the awful defence thrown in the mix.
                            You completely missed the point. Nobody's arguing that the Blazers aren't hugely more talented than the Nets summer league team we saw last night. But they only won by 1 point and the Nets had a chance for last shot. In addition to the Nets scrubs playing well together, the Blazers defense being just plain bad is the other major factor... which also speaks to coaching.

Teams lighting up the Blazers this year isn't just a one game blip.... they're near the bottom of the league in overall defense, 3PA & 3P% against.

Comment

• I'm sure there will be a lot of happy people in Chicago all of a sudden.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

You completely missed the point. Nobody's arguing that the Blazers aren't hugely more talented than the Nets summer league team we saw last night. But they only won by 1 point and the Nets had a chance for last shot. In addition to the Nets scrubs playing well together, the Blazers defense being just plain bad is the other major factor... which also speaks to coaching.

Teams lighting up the Blazers this year isn't just a one game blip.... they're near the bottom of the league in overall defense, 3PA & 3P% against.
                                Nah, shooting is just luck. Totally random chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X