Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    That halfcourt 3 from dame was a dagger and the lakers didnt even know it
    Blazers deserved it. Nurkic didn’t quite neutralize Davis but he played him tough and produced, Whiteside had some blocks that really swung momentum and Melo played harder on defense than I have ever seen. Really great team effort.

The question keeps getting asked but: who is the third best Laker? It’s a real problem.

Comment

• I was hoping Portland made it, they have a legit chance of knocking these guys out. The Lakers are way overrated. The Clips and the Bucks are the teams to beat.

and the Bucks have been looking beatable.

Comment

• The Lakers shot like trash, 35% from the field. I don't expect that to continue.

Milwaukee has bigger problems. They just faced the 'Giannis gameplan' in round 1 game 1 and got beat. They showed no ability to counter something they had a year to plan for. If Bud wins CoY, all voters should lose their credentials.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The question keeps getting asked but: who is the third best Laker? It’s a real problem.

Kuzma which is a problem. Good player but overhyped because he’s on the Lakers. The real question is: Do any of the other guys deserve playing big rotation minutes.

Lebron and Davis are gold. This is the worst supporting cast LeBron has had since his early Cleveland days. And he’s now 36

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

Kuzma which is a problem. Good player but overhyped because he’s on the Lakers. The real question is: Do any of the other guys deserve playing big rotation minutes.

Lebron and Davis are gold. This is the worst supporting cast LeBron has had since his early Cleveland days. And he’s now 36
            And LeGM & Klutch are getting exactly what they deserve. That's the price you pay when you manipulated AD out of his contract 2 years before real free agency. Ingram, Ball and Hart are the type of young, energetic players this team needs. Ingram alone is that legit 3rd star, but Lebron and his legacy just couldn't wait. He has no patience for young players, so he always forces his GMs to surround him with tired, old vets.

Who knows, if the Lakers waited until the trade deadline this year, maybe the Pels get desperate and accept a package of Kuzma, Ball & Hart. Especially if AD's lets it known to other bidders that he's only signing with the Lakers. No GM is going to bid high for a 2-3 month rental with zero chance of re-signing?

Comment

• Despite the poor shooting, the Lakers could have still won that game. Some poor defense near the end and that cost them. I was really unimpressed with Davis. He doesn't know how to win and that's a problem.

At this point seems like the Raptors have the easiest first round match up among all teams. Which is awesome. Houston rolled over OKC but I think OKC comes back stronger. Clippers look like the team to beat for sure, it's just that Dallas (and that Doncic kid especially) is pretty good.

Comment

• Near identical headlines on SportsNet, love it!
                Damian Lillard scores 34 as Blazers stun Lakers in Game 1

Vucevic scores 35 as Magic stun Bucks in Game 1

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

And LeGM & Klutch are getting exactly what they deserve. That's the price you pay when you manipulated AD out of his contract 2 years before real free agency. Ingram, Ball and Hart are the type of young, energetic players this team needs. Ingram alone is that legit 3rd star, but Lebron and his legacy just couldn't wait. He has no patience for young players, so he always forces his GMs to surround him with tired, old vets.

Who knows, if the Lakers waited until the trade deadline this year, maybe the Pels get desperate and accept a package of Kuzma, Ball & Hart. Especially if AD's lets it known to other bidders that he's only signing with the Lakers. No GM is going to bid high for a 2-3 month rental with zero chance of re-signing?
                  yeah, the problem is Lebron AS WELL as lakers brass and klutch ...

they were too impatient. I will be surprised honestly at this point if they make it to the finals. It isn't looking great. I think they could win in the series but it won't be easy at all. Starting out first-round already struggling so much makes things difficult. Yes, Bradley would have helped them... and maybe a bit of rondo... but let's be honest ... they built a team that wasn't very well balanced because they signed two dudes to big contracts that play in the same space... and Lebron meddles with every coach except SPO because Riley had Spo's back. Literally the only reason.

Luke Walton was actually a good coach but Lebron wants what he wants. The other issue is it will be difficult for them to improve without significantly giving up on a lot of depth. Let's say they can afford one other star... Who are they going to get in two years .... keep in mind they need to resign AD to at least a max contract ...

What are they going to get Giannis? Giannis wouldn't fit on there team so that's just not a realistic option... also If I am Giannis I wouldn't want to go somewhere that I would be outshined at this point. PG will likely stay where he is at because you are already in LA...

I guess they could possibly get BEAL if they are lucky but who are they trading... Kuzma?.... They are going to always have a great regular season since lebron alone can drag your team to 50+ wins.... its the playoffs where people can scheme is where it becomes an issue. Lebron doesn't like to be surrounded by shooting because I think he partly wants to prove it but yeah...

This past year they could have went for reddick... why did they not. They probably wouldn't even have to pay the 20 million. They could have given him the Danny Green money... or even the KCP+others money...

Unfortunately, Danny Green hasn't been up to par since last year. Not sure why or what happened to his game. I don't think he has played bad but boy am I glad we didn't overpay for him. I miss Danny but in the playoffs he was largely gone.

Comment

• Just want to see both LA teams knocked out somehow. If the Raps do one of them dirty, all the better.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      Just want to see both LA teams knocked out somehow. If the Raps do one of them dirty, all the better.
                      denver will be a tough out for the clips because of there size and team balance...

Comment

• Losing game 1 is not a big deal for either of the Lakers or the Deer.
                        They’re 7 game series for a reason.

Game 5 in these 2 series will be pivotal...If the LeBrons or the Alphabets are down 3 to 2 after 5 then it’s going to be panic in those fan bases.

FWIW... Bucks and Lakers in 6 or less.
                        Be fun if I’m dead ass wrong and both would be upsets on par with the warriors over Dallas.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• The Lakers are fine. They missed what 25 threes or something last night? most of them were wide open too.

The Lakers are still going to win this series and I need them to win this series because the they're the only team in the West that can challenge the Clippers.

I say this about the Blazers. Carmelo Anthony can still play. Other than Dame's play, the one constant for the Blazers in the bubble is Melo hitting big time shots for them. He did it AGAIN last night. Dude was a free agent for a year. How did that happen? heck the Lakers could use him right now.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            The Lakers are fine. They missed what 25 threes or something last night? most of them were wide open too.

The Lakers are still going to win this series and I need them to win this series because the they're the only team in the West that can challenge the Clippers.

I say this about the Blazers. Carmelo Anthony can still play. Other than Dame's play, the one constant for the Blazers in the bubble is Melo hitting big time shots for them. He did it AGAIN last night. Dude was a free agent for a year. How did that happen? heck the Lakers could use him right now.
                            Free Jared Dudley. lol.

Comment

• Blazers are also awfully gassed from all the tough elimination games they played, yet they're able to pull off this win.
                              They will only get stronger from this point on. Lakers has no one that can match up with Dame. Losing Bradely is HUGE for them.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                The Lakers shot like trash, 35% from the field. I don't expect that to continue.

Milwaukee has bigger problems. They just faced the 'Giannis gameplan' in round 1 game 1 and got beat. They showed no ability to counter something they had a year to plan for. If Bud wins CoY, all voters should lose their credentials.
                                according to dan devine, their offence has quietly been one of the worst in the league since the all-star break, and far worse than that in the re-start.

since all-star break is an admittedly pretty small sample size in this abbreviated season, but they had an absolute cake schedule to start so their overall offensive numbers are somewhat inflated i think.

i think there is legit cause for concern if you're a laker fan. they should get by portland but i'd be worried about next round. i actually thought the lakers offense was even worse than it looked last night and was buoyed by a parade to the free-throw line, particularly in the 2nd Q and start of 4th.

Comment

Working...
                                X