Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

So much so, they won't vote for him as COTY
    Yeah. There are degrees of adjustments - most coaches make at least some. You obviously don't revamp your fundamental schemes at both ends, but you do game plan for a series opponent, try to pick at their weak points (personnel or scheme), try to hide yours, adjust minutes & usage for individual players a bit, etc.

Changes can be pretty significant. Steve Kerr 'discovered' the Death Lineup deep in a playoff run. But Nurse does take risks few coaches will - but also few coaches have the personnel for it. Maybe Paul Pierce's coaches never asked him to adjust in the playoffs because Paul Pierce is a dumb ass. NN on the other hand has savvy players who can switch up schemes on command, including bringing something in they've never run in a game before.

Coaches like Bud and Casey are the extreme opposite end in their refusal to change anything. Bud even runs Giannis' minutes like they're playing a meaningless game in February. Like at the very least coaches tighten the rotation and ride their best players more because they aren't pacing for 6+ months of basketball anymore, they're in the last few weeks of the season. Not Bud. Giannis sits when Giannis sits and that's that.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Butler is a boss.. one of my favourite players in the league. Like Kyle. Just wants to win.

Wish we could have found a way to trade for him when we had Kawhi. Would have meant parting ways with OG and someone else like Serge or someone. But would have loved to have him.

And I think he would have stayed if he was traded here.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Butler is a boss.. one of my favourite players in the league. Like Kyle. Just wants to win.

Wish we could have found a way to trade for him when we had Kawhi. Would have meant parting ways with OG and someone else like Serge or someone. But would have loved to have him.

And I think he would have stayed if he was traded here.
        Seems like Butler just wants a good front office and team to play for. The Wolves were a mess, Sixers are a mess. He would have been a good fit here with Kyle.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Seems like Butler just wants a good front office and team to play for. The Wolves were a mess, Sixers are a mess. He would have been a good fit here with Kyle.
          Butler not bringing his family to the bubble because he's there on business only is hilarious and awesome.

I was indifferent re: Jimmy Buckets before he tore a strip off Towns/Wiggins then burned down Philly on that JJ podcast. He's awesome.

Doesn't change the fact that the Raptors are definitely kicking his ass next round.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Is Chris Paul the most underrated player of this season? His personality has really found its niche with a bunch of young guys and cast-offs, they're all at their best with his leadership & ball dominance.
            I love watching CP3 work. He's like a wealthy mans Kyle Lowry. I wasn't always a fan of his but pulling for him in this possibly final chapter in OKC. Especially with a young Canadian kid on the team, and I love Steven Adams too. Really like to see them advance tomorrow and put a scare in the Lakers
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Butler not bringing his family to the bubble because he's there on business only is hilarious and awesome.

I was indifferent re: Jimmy Buckets before he tore a strip off Towns/Wiggins then burned down Philly on that JJ podcast. He's awesome.

Doesn't change the fact that the Raptors are definitely kicking his ass next round.
              Does Butler have a family? Why do I picture him living with his grandma who watches soap operas all day
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Does Butler have a family? Why do I picture him living with his grandma who watches soap operas all day
                Apparently he has a 10-month old daughter. That makes the quote even funnier hahaha
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I didn't see this posted here.. but Brandon Ingram won MIP. Not a bad choice. Although I thought Bam should have won it.

Comment

I didn't see this posted here.. but Brandon Ingram won MIP. Not a bad choice. Although I thought Bam should have won it.
                    I'm on board with the idea that lotto picks (especially a #2) shouldn't be winning this award. Honestly a guy like Ingram should be insulted to get it - Luka was certainly clear he wouldn't want it. Guys like that should be aiming for franchise player and MVP goals.

Just one way to present the case: Ingram's PPG each season has gone 9 > 16 > 18 > 24. Shouldn't a #2 overall be progressing exactly like this? Does he really get an award for that?

Comment

I'm on board with the idea that lotto picks (especially a #2) shouldn't be winning this award. Honestly a guy like Ingram should be insulted to get it - Luka was certainly clear he wouldn't want it. Guys like that should be aiming for franchise player and MVP goals.

Just one way to present the case: Ingram's PPG each season has gone 9 > 16 > 18 > 24. Shouldn't a #2 overall be progressing exactly like this? Does he really get an award for that?
                      I have never really understood this award but based on this year's voting I understand it even less. To me, Adebayo was the obvious choice as he basically went from rotation player on a middling team to all-star on a top-4 team and really expanded his game and its impact. Ingram had a really good year but a lot of it was empty scoring for a crappy team.

But a lot of these awards are narrative driven and once the primary media people latch on to something it just becomes received wisdom and I don't think a lot of the voters think too much about the awards - they just vote for who their buddies are voting for.,

Comment

• Some guy gave Andre Drummond a first place vote for DPOY. Many don't take this seriously at all.

Comment

I didn't see this posted here.. but Brandon Ingram won MIP. Not a bad choice. Although I thought Bam should have won it.
                          My early MIP fav next year? Zion.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Mine is playing for the Nuggets.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

A second year player who was the first pick and barely played his rookie season winning MIP would be idiotic
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Murray time coming up

Comment

Working...
                                X