2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Enough about Philly and Milwaukee, what can Toronto do next year to bring in another productive rotation player if Gasol and/or Serge or others are gone? I think FVV comes back but we'll need to get younger imo. Is Norm on the block?

As usual, not a fan of trotting it back out until we fall back to the middle of the pack, I think the East is better next year (Celtics are for good, young and improving, Miami is for real, Brooklyn will be better, Bucks aren't throwing in the towel) and the West is suddenly a lot deeper than the LA's
    Media will be hyping Brooklyn vs. Golden State as a potential NBA Finals next year.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Media will be hyping Brooklyn vs. Golden State as a potential NBA Finals next year.
      I hope Durant and Kyrie burn to the ground but they could also drag that team up into 4-5 in the East. And yup, the media (and NBA) will be hyping it up. I just don't see GSW being elite again for awhile. Good but not elite

Comment

Enough about Philly and Milwaukee, what can Toronto do next year to bring in another productive rotation player if Gasol and/or Serge or others are gone? I think FVV comes back but we'll need to get younger imo. Is Norm on the block?

As usual, not a fan of trotting it back out until we fall back to the middle of the pack, I think the East is better next year (Celtics are for good, young and improving, Miami is for real, Brooklyn will be better, Bucks aren't throwing in the towel) and the West is suddenly a lot deeper than the LA's
        I'd be up to package Norm plus S&T FVV if possible. Challenge would be something coming back that doesn't interfere with that 2021 cap space. May err on the side of standing pat to keep that in play, Masai's been structuring everything for next offseason's cap space for years now.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Do teams have enough time to improve between playoffs and next season? Might be short offseason. Maybe via trade or signing but organic growth for Celtics, Miami and others might not be that impactful
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Not a fan of talking about Raps offseason until they are out but, generally, I see them staying the course, keeping Lowry/FVV/OG/Siakam together as a solid foundation, fielding a competitive team, continuing to develop the next group young players (Davis, Thomas, Boucher (?), Watson (?) new guys they bring in), adding a vet like RHJ. I do think Serge is back unless he lands a monster deal somewhere. Less sure about Gasol, which I think depends on what he wants to do cause, honestly, he looks like a guy playing out the string to me - maybe on some sort of minimum deal? Basically, positioning themselves for 2021 free agency/trade.

Fans seem to be really anxious to do something but, for me, this team just won a title, which buys them a lot of equity with me and, second, they've succeeded by being patient, building from within (FVV, OG, Siakam, Powell arguably Lowry) and making timely moves when they present themselves.(Gasol, Ibaka, Leonard). Don't see that formula changing.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I wonder if Joel and Ben want to be led, though. Paul is a pretty abrasive guy and unlike in OKC where he was the elder statesman and best player, he won't be the best or even second-best player in Philly. Not sure that would work. Personally, and I know neither will happen, would love to see Paul go to Denver or Dallas.
              76ers need a tougher coach that will slap the hell out of their 2 superstars.

Comment

• How?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACen...64428152807424

Comment

• Probably a trade involving George, Lou and a bunch of picks. I think its a long shot though. PG is a free agent in 2021 as well and I doubt he'll agree to sign with the Bucks.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I'd be up to package Norm plus S&T FVV if possible. Challenge would be something coming back that doesn't interfere with that 2021 cap space. May err on the side of standing pat to keep that in play, Masai's been structuring everything for next offseason's cap space for years now.
                    Oh it should go without saying that Masai will keep the opportunity open to try and get Giannis here (as a number of teams will)
                    I just think the odds are better if we're still good and not sunk back to mediocrity, which I believe is possible if we stand pat.
                    If we had another Robin here, I think Batman would be more likely than just Pascal, and that was when he was playing well.

Lots of teams have 2 superstars on the payroll. We might need to do it with a 2A and B rather than a 1B. Gasol's salary gets us partway there? I Love Lowry but his salary is a problem.....key the outrage

Comment

• Could also be a goal for them in 2021. I don't think they will have any one on the books in 2021 including Kawhi and PG. They could restructure all their contracts and try to get a big 3 like LAL tried to do this past summer with Kawhi.

Once you go big in the NBA, you try to get bigger. Look at GSW and Cousins after they already had KD.

Giannis and Kawhi on the same team is really not fair lol.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Could also be a goal for them in 2021. I don't think they will have any one on the books in 2021 including Kawhi and PG. They could restructure all their contracts and try to get a big 3 like LAL tried to do this past summer with Kawhi.

Once you go big in the NBA, you try to get bigger. Look at GSW and Cousins after they already had KD.

Giannis and Kawhi on the same team is really not fair lol.
                        To be fair, Cousins signed for a buck and a quarter but point taken

Comment

I hope Durant and Kyrie burn to the ground but they could also drag that team up into 4-5 in the East. And yup, the media (and NBA) will be hyping it up. I just don't see GSW being elite again for awhile. Good but not elite
                          i think GSW could be good very soon... I give it two years.

Next year they will compete for top 3 in the west most likely. Health of Draymond is there biggest question mark really... Steph is healthy..... Klay is definitely going to be healthy... rusty but he will be healthy.. he will be good by the time the playoffs come around... Draymond will be Draymond..... I think they have some pieces to play with as well. I think they are stuck with wiggins if you ask me though.... I think Wiggins is in a great situation to actually learn under w winning culture. I don't want him any where near Toronto... but it is nice to have the prospect of having a Canadian player under a good system for the international play stand point.

Giannis and Kawhi would be nuts.. realistically if kawhi stayed thats likely what would have happened.... but yeah... I personally think Kawhi has a high likely hood of coming here. Miami I don't really see because he and Bam operate in the same space... Also the end of that deal would be tough because Jimmy would be getting really old and I just dont think his game ages well into his late 30's because of how hard he plays... I mean he will be good but I just dont think he will still be in the prime of his career.

I really do think Giannis honestly fits best in Toronto its just the media will flirt with it but then keep suggesting that he should go else where. I think the biggest thing that we gotta do is lock up Masai Nurse....ETC this year.
                          \

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Probably a trade involving George, Lou and a bunch of picks.
                            they are still loaded with picks in the 2030's and 2040's.

unfortunately for them the CBA forbids trading any picks beyond 7 years into the future, and OKC own all their first rounders (or swaps) until then.

Comment

• Pipe dream:
                              A Raptors duo of Kawhi and Murray

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                                Pipe dream:
                                A Raptors duo of Kawhi and Murray
                                didn't Murray just sign a 5 year?

Comment

Working...
                                X