2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Geography aside, Masai has some work to do to keep this team competitive enough to stay in the mix.
    Two or three of Serge, Gasol and Kyle won't be here, perhaps not FVV. Who replaces them at a high level to entice Giannis beyond his Masai Africa connection?

Him coming here alters the course of this team's future.
    What? When? I'd be a little bit surprised if more than 1 was gone next opening day
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Masai is the biggest selling point. He will know that he's playing for the best run team in the business.
      Which is a great reason why we'd end up as second choice if the team doesn't match up imo. If he leaves and uproots his family leaving $ behind, it will be for a new situation with a chance to win. It's not about this team but what team we'll have in a year or two

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

What? When? I'd be a little bit surprised if more than 1 was gone next opening day
        Giannis FA after 2021 season. If he doesn't re-sign or get traded in the meantime, his decision will be based on who is here in 2022 not next opening day. Two more opening days to go.

Comment

Giannis FA after 2021 season. If he doesn't re-sign or get traded in the meantime, his decision will be based on who is here in 2022 not next opening day. Two more opening days to go.
          Fred will be here. One of the bigs might too, Gasol might be in minimum/room exception territory at that point. Lowry unless he falls off a cliff would not be cheap enough to be part of the pitch unless he is super daring and takes a one year minimum to maintain his Bird Rights and gets a golden parachute thereafter.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Fred will be here. One of the bigs might too, Gasol might be in minimum/room exception territory at that point. Lowry unless he falls off a cliff would not be cheap enough to be part of the pitch unless he is super daring and takes a one year minimum to maintain his Bird Rights and gets a golden parachute thereafter.
            Oh, and Fred does get a max deal and we let him walk or sign him and then trade him later to clear the space, that just means we have that space to offer Lowry at that point.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Masai is the biggest selling point. He will know that he's playing for the best run team in the business.
              Ugh.
              Masai is not enough.
              You could be the best driver but if you're in an inferior vehicle, you're not winning the race.
              Golden State and Miami are good organizations too, and with better rosters.
              Last edited by Kagemusha; Fri Sep 11, 2020, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Which is a great reason why we'd end up as second choice if the team doesn't match up imo. If he leaves and uproots his family leaving $ behind, it will be for a new situation with a chance to win. It's not about this team but what team we'll have in a year or two
                The two top teams coming up in rumors have been Toronto and Miami. He just got his ass handed to him by Miami. I doubt he's going there for pride alone. What Durant did is an exception, not the norm. Toronto makes sense for various reasons and yes, we all generally know some of the factors in him switching teams. We don't need to beat that to death. Those are every situation type factors in regards to a star moving teams.

For a change Toronto is one of the early front runners.

EDIT: A win tonight would help a lot, I think.
                Last edited by Apollo; Fri Sep 11, 2020, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Also props to DanH for always being on the ball with the cap info.

Comment

Also props to DanH for always being on the ball with the cap info.
                    I'm still not sold he's a human

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I'm still not sold he's a human

Well don't blow his ****ing cover!

Comment

• Absolutely, I don't even pretend to understand the cap issues. I just think "drop player X at $30M/yr and you have that to offer someone else" although I know that's not true.

PS

I think Giannis stays East so that rules out the LA's and GSW but leaves the Bucks, Heat and Raptors. Dallas is a wild card and might be intriguing for him but also a very racist place to raise kids (Blacks/Mexicans, I have spent a fair bit of time there)

Comment

• Most likely Giannis stays in Milwaukee but if they keep getting punted short of the Finals, he'll ask out 1-2 years into his new deal.

But if he moves in FA I like Toronto's chances, as good as anybody's for sure.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'd be really surprised if he says no to the supermax. That's the first domino really. If he says no to it, then anything is possible with him. If he takes it, he can still be traded, but that's a Bucks call more than his (although usually the star player wins out anyway).

Comment

• Millsap seems washed. At the time I think we had the TRoss+pick offer out to Orlando for Ibaka and to Atlanta for Millsap. Atlanta wouldn’t trade him.

Edit—this didn’t age well lol
                              Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Fri Sep 11, 2020, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I'd be really surprised if he says no to the supermax. That's the first domino really. If he says no to it, then anything is possible with him. If he takes it, he can still be traded, but that's a Bucks call more than his (although usually the star player wins out anyway).
                                If I'm his agent, the way Giannis has been exposed the last 2 years... you take the supermax and run.

Comment

Working...
                                X