2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    miami-boston should be a fun series. as much as I don't like either team, I don't like miami a bit less...so...go heat its is. The ESPN crew are split with 11 picking the heat and 10 taking the chowderheads
    I don't like either team but really think Boston has more talent. Both teams match up well enough with each other.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I really, really want Denver to finish the Clippers off. Paul George is still walking around like he's won six titles or something: "We're in the driver's seat." No bud, you're in win or go home mode with no momentum.

I know some fans think we could've kept Kawhi if we got Paul here (I don't think it would've ever happened). But personally, I'm glad we didn't. He's so insufferable and doesn't even have the elite talent that makes it a little less irritating. Call me cliche, but I like having players on this team that you can root for.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        miami-boston should be a fun series. as much as I don't like either team, I don't like miami a bit less...so...go heat its is. The ESPN crew are split with 11 picking the heat and 10 taking the chowderheads
        I can never cheer for the Celtics and they'll be really good next year so don't want them to start their dynasty a year early

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
          I really, really want Denver to finish the Clippers off. Paul George is still walking around like he's won six titles or something: "We're in the driver's seat." No bud, you're in win or go home mode with no momentum.

I know some fans think we could've kept Kawhi if we got Paul here (I don't think it would've ever happened). But personally, I'm glad we didn't. He's so insufferable and doesn't even have the elite talent that makes it a little less irritating. Call me cliche, but I like having players on this team that you can root for.
          I think it's pretty obvious with the benefit of hindsight that Leonard was never staying in Toronto. As for the Clips, if they don't survive this series I wonder if Kawhi fires Rivers.

Comment

• I like both teams, I like Boston more. They seem to be very similar to Toronto squad in that regard that they are even-keeled no bullshit, let's play basketball kind of style team. Like the psychological makeup of the team, Tatum (the cheerful guy), Brown (the serious guy), Smart (the tough guy), and Theiss (the hustle guy) and Steven is the best rival to Nurse so far. Let's be honest here, they complain about the whistle way less than Raptors do, have no egocentric personalities (or at least that looks like it), and seem to play a similar basketball style to the Raptors. If you "hate" Boston, then there's really nothing objective there, if you don't like them, then well, I guess it's still subjective as they are more similar to the Raptors than one may think and all that "I hate Boston franchises" thing, well, it's odd as their championship teams were awesome, only LA deserves that hate right now (lot's of it has to do with media overhyping them both, making non-LA fans sick).

Oh yeah and I understand that no one was bringing objectivity here, the term "like" or "hate" is subject to subjectivity. Just surprised that so many people don't see the similarities and let their feelings toward the team shroud objective evaluation of how actually similar these teams are (Raptors and Celtics)
            Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Sep 14, 2020, 11:50 AM.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Not even that fat?
              He's got mega roll gut and a triple chin at that age?

I hope you don't have kids
              My only hope when I have kids is that their topless pictures don't end up on the internet with mr g deane judging the size of their gut
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                I like both teams, I like Boston more. They seem to be very similar to Toronto squad in that regard that they are even-keeled no bullshit, let's play basketball kind of style team. Like the psychological makeup of the team, Tatum (the cheerful guy), Brown (the serious guy), Smart (the tough guy), and Theiss (the hustle guy) and Steven is the best rival to Nurse so far. Let's be honest here, they complain about the whistle way less than Raptors do, have no egocentric personalities (or at least that looks like it), and seem to play a similar basketball style to the Raptors. If you "hate" Boston, then there's really nothing objective there, if you don't like them, then well, I guess it's still subjective as they are more similar to the Raptors than one may think and all that "I hate Boston franchises" thing, well, it's odd as their championship teams were awesome, only LA deserves that hate right now (lot's of it has to do with media overhyping them both, making non-LA fans sick).

Oh yeah and I understand that no one was bringing objectivity here, the term "like" or "hate" is subject to subjectivity. Just surprised that so many people don't see the similarities and let their feelings toward the team shroud objective evaluation of how actually similar these teams are (Raptors and Celtics)
                The teams are very similar, Boston's best players are younger, bigger, and more athletic. 2 of Toronto's top 3 guys being undersized PG's becomes a problem in certain match-ups.

Tatum is really good for only 22. Guy has a high ceiling. I don't know if he has enough of an F You streak in him or if he's too much of a team first guy. The best alpha dogs have that bit of nasty + pride in them that means they take over - there are moments when you need that from them. Giannis might have the same problem of not having that slightly selfish streak.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

The teams are very similar, Boston's best players are younger, bigger, and more athletic. 2 of Toronto's top 3 guys being undersized PG's becomes a problem in certain match-ups.

Tatum is really good for only 22. Guy has a high ceiling. I don't know if he has enough of an F You streak in him or if he's too much of a team first guy. The best alpha dogs have that bit of nasty + pride in them that means they take over - there are moments when you need that from them. Giannis might have the same problem of not having that slightly selfish streak.
                  When you look at our top 7 players with the glass 99% empty, it could feel kind of depressing and make you wonder how we even made it this far:

Back-court: FVV/Lowry are under-sized and un-athletic
                  Wings: OG/Pascal/Norm can't create their own shot
                  Front-court: Gasol/Ibaka are old and a step slow

How did we do it? League leaders in "guts and guile."

Comment

• Doc Rivers is being exposed in this series.
                    Baby Glen is right in saying he is an over rated and lucky coach.
                    Too bad, his luck could be running out this time.
                    Even if they come out of this series and face the Lakers, the Lakers will eat him alive.
                    Lakers coaching squad is so formidable,
                    Vogel, Kidd, Hollins, and if you factor in LeBron and Rondo, they basically have 5 brilliant minds working in that team.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Jokic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Embiid
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

When you look at our top 7 players with the glass 99% empty, it could feel kind of depressing and make you wonder how we even made it this far:

Back-court: FVV/Lowry are under-sized and un-athletic
                        Wings: OG/Pascal/Norm can't create their own shot
                        Front-court: Gasol/Ibaka are old and a step slow

How did we do it? League leaders in "guts and guile."
                        Siakam and Norm have both proven able to create their own shot. Its easy to just think of the struggles in the bubble, but I didn't forget that they were both having career years and humming along this season.

Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water. This team had an all time bad performance from the guy who was supposed to be our usage leader, and still came within one possession of advancing to the ECF

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Siakam and Norm have both proven able to create their own shot. Its easy to just think of the struggles in the bubble, but I didn't forget that they were both having career years and humming along this season.

Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water. This team had an all time bad performance from the guy who was supposed to be our usage leader, and still came within one possession of advancing to the ECF
                          How many 6 point possessions did you want from this team?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

How many 6 point possessions did you want from this team?
                            I just wanted that cot damn rebound down 2 with 30 seconds left

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Harden/D'Antoni era is over.
                                I'm glad he's leaving Houston, they've really tried everything they could to make his system work there. However, I just can't think of another NBA team with the roster to make that system work any better. GS is probably the only one. I don't get the Philly consideration at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X