No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad Brendan Malone got a chance to see his son advance to the Western finals, where who knows what can happen. Always had a soft spot for Brendan, since he refused to tank in the Raptors first season. Wrongheaded in today's NBA, but I liked the drive to win.
    Last edited by Puffer; Wed Sep 16, 2020, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Me after seeing the score this morning:

The Clippers lose game seven?

Almost as satisfying as if the Raptors won their game seven. Kawhi made a huge career mistake by leaving but I'm sure he's happier there so what ever.

Comment

• Who's the better coach? Nick Nurse or Doc Rivers?

It's a no-brainer.

Comment

• Pat Bev is 32 and Lou Will is almost 34. I’m really enjoying this.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
            What a great result to wake up to. Great to see the Clippers lose.

They have no picks for a long time and are capped out. Montrez, Marcus Morris and Jamychal Green may all be gone or looking for big raises. I just love it.

Kawhi had Lowry or Gasol as the high IQ on court vocal leader. In San Antonio there was Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, Pop. Who's that on court guy for the Clippers that huddles the guys together on the floor?

Lastly from Royce Young.......

Paul George's last five facing elimination games:
            - 15 points on 5-21 shooting (lost)
            - 34 points on 12-26 (won)
            - 5 points on 2-16 (lost)
            - 36 points on 14-20 (lost)
            - 10 points on 4-16 (lost)
            20.0 ppg on 37.3 FG%, 1-4 record
            Balmer has the deepest pockets among NBA owners. He'll make sure they find a way to bring back a better roster next season, but that improvement will have to come via trade. I doubt Raptors would get involved, but who knows.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Balmer has the deepest pockets among NBA owners. He'll make sure they find a way to bring back a better roster next season, but that improvement will have to come via trade. I doubt Raptors would get involved, but who knows.
              It will have to be a trade without draft picks.. might be tougher than he thinks it is.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

The CBA blocks his deep pockets from doing too much more than any other contender can... Except the Clippers have no picks, something most contenders do have. You can't buy a Chip in the NBA.

Comment

• RR was waaay ahead of the curve on Murray. He was getting hyped on here even before his Pan-Am games breakout. Murray has got IT.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

The CBA blocks his deep pockets from doing too much more than any other contender can... Except the Clippers have no picks, something most contenders do have. You can't buy a Chip in the NBA.
                    Like Ballmer really cares about the CBA. He can get around that easily.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Like Ballmer really cares about the CBA. He can get around that easily.
                      Unpack that for us in detail. Thanks.

Comment

• For anyone who's interested, Zeke's take on the Clippers at the 31:19 minute mark:

Comment

• Does this do anything to the suggestion that all you need in the center's role is a $5 million role player? Jokic is a smart and skilled big man. Maybe they still have a place in the league.

Comment

• Love the Clippers loosing, Im still lost for words why anyone would leave championship team,but I guess it suits him well..me little worried that clippers might try 2 get Lowry and Ibaka on there team, even Gasol..If Lowry does go,anywhere but Clippers..
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Does this do anything to the suggestion that all you need in the center's role is a $5 million role player? Jokic is a smart and skilled big man. Maybe they still have a place in the league.
                              Well the Raptors won it last year partially thanks to two centers making much more than that. I think teams who win it aren't following a template of a past winner but rather are intelligently building a team that can defeat their biggest threats. So year to year the winners look different.

I do think the Clippers tried to piggyback off of the Raptors by using some practices and elements but implemented it poorly and crashed and burned because of it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Unpack that for us in detail. Thanks.
                                Off-shore bank accounts, just for starters.

Comment

Working...
                                X