2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The only way I'd be comfortable with dealing Kyle would if we wanted to go chase another ring, which would be the case to go reunite with Kawhi.

alas, the clippers have literally 0 interesting assets.
    I think Kyle ends up in Philly eventually. Not this year or next, but before he hangs it up. I don't think he retires as a Raptor even though I'd love it if he did.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The only way I'd be comfortable with dealing Kyle would if we wanted to go chase another ring, which would be the case to go reunite with Kawhi.

alas, the clippers have literally 0 interesting assets.
      Morris and Beverley doesn't get your motor running? You know, like all the great championship teams have those "dawgs".

Comment

• If you didn't believe in a teams culture being a thing, you just have to look at the personalities on that Clippers roster.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Pascal's "motor" wasn't evident in the entire bubble. He used to outrun everybody including regular leak out home runs from Lowry. He just didn't looked any faster than anyone lately, even against Brooklyn
          Yeah and I think that goes back to lack of conditioning. He obviously wasn't keeping in shape during the hiatus. And the mini-camp they had when they all came back wasn't enough for him to get his motor back. I'm guessing the coaching staff hoped he'd get it back naturally through just playing games. But it never happened.

Comment

• Nurse with Pascal off season conditioning regimen. Gotta get fast Rocky ........... errrrr Spicy!

Comment

• One challenge for Pascal is you can beat guys down the floor in the middle of February, but that advantage dries up when everybody's busting their asses in the playoffs. Not totally gone because he is fast for his size but still, won't quite be the same.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah and I think that goes back to lack of conditioning. He obviously wasn't keeping in shape during the hiatus. And the mini-camp they had when they all came back wasn't enough for him to get his motor back. I'm guessing the coaching staff hoped he'd get it back naturally through just playing games. But it never happened.
                So he was out of shape? what the hell did he do during the hiatus?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It was the whole team. Started playing just in the half court while other team's seemed to be getting more run outs and alley-oops. And dunks and put backs for that matter

Started to look alarmingly more like the old Lowry and DeRozan walk-it-up the floor days....

Remember Nurse always yelling at guys to press and run the floor? Not so much recently

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

So he was out of shape? what the hell did he do during the hiatus?
                    no he wasn't out of shape. you can't play 55 minutes in a game with stakes as high those in game 6 at the level he was playing on the defensive end with if you're out of shape. they also played every other day since august 1st, except for the strike and couple days off after the nets series. anyone that came into the bubble out of shape would get pretty quickly into shape playing that schedule.

to S.R.'s point above, teams focus on taking away your strengths in the playoffs. boston has the best transition D in the league. i would attribute the lack of getting out on transition to that, not to his conditioning.

Comment

• I think he was entirely out of sorts in terms of shooting and decision making, and that wasn't going to be fixed until he got a chance to take a step back and get some practice in (i.e. he wasn't going to just figure it out as we went along). He's a rhythm guy, and he'll come back a hell of a lot better next year, I'm sure of that. There's no reason to think he can't play the way he did to start the season in the playoffs.

Comment

• Miami is letting Kanter dominate them inside this is disgusting
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                          Miami is letting Kanter dominate them inside this is disgusting
                          Miami's a fun story but they're not as good as Boston or Toronto.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The Celtics are collapsing? Wtf is happening?
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              The Celtics are collapsing? Wtf is happening?
                              They had those quarters when they were playing the Raptors too - the Raptors just couldn't hit their shots.

Comment

• Celtics already in bonus...come on refs
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X