2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think they need another all star caliber player here now to pair with Kyle, Siakam and OG to even attract a Giannis. Siakam OG and Beal might just do it (assuming Pascal puts in another strong season)
    It doesn't do us much good to be attractive to Giannis if there is no way for us to sign him.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It doesn't do us much good to be attractive to Giannis if there is no way for us to sign him.
      Aka if we acquire Beal we won’t have cap room?

So Dan, as I believe you’ve been a big proponent of saving capspace for 2021, what’s the possible avenue that keeps us strong and competitive enough for Giannis to see this as a viable destination to go to win a championship, but without bringing on the kind of players who will presumably be necessary, but will price us out?

It’s hard not to see this as a catch 22... we can’t spend or we won’t have room, but if we can’t spend we won’t be attractive enough. ... Especially when you consider players like Serge and Kyle being past their primes come decision time...

Just seeing in the other thread that you’ve done a lot of work to explain cap... I’ll go check that out first and THEN come back and demand answers 😎
      Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Fri Sep 18, 2020, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

So Dan, as I believe you’ve been a big proponent of saving capspace for 2021, what’s the possible avenue that keeps us strong and competitive enough for Giannis to see this as a viable destination to go to win a championship, but without bringing on the kind of players who will presumably be necessary, but will price us out?

It’s hard not to see this as a catch 22... we can’t spend or we won’t have room, but if we can’t spend we won’t be attractive enough. ... Especially when you consider players like Serge and Kyle being past their primes come decision time...

Just seeing in the other thread that you’ve done a lot of work to explain cap... I’ll go check that out first and THEN come back and demand answers 😎
        Yeah I think it would be one or the other. If Kyle & Siakam can still play at all-star level, you add Beal OR Giannis and you have 3 all star caliber players, which usually puts you in ECF/Finals territory. But it's very unlikely you're gonna get (and be able to pay) 4 all-stars on the same team, especially one being an MVP caliber (the only way that could maybe happen is if one or two of these guys are in their rookie deal)

That said, I don't think you need to have a stacked team to get Giannis. He doesn't strike me as a KD type of player wanting a ready-made superteam to join. He would be looking to join a good/winning organization with a solid culture and promising young talent that he can put over the top for championships. If he wanted an easy route he'd be looking to join Lebron/AD/Curry/Klay/Kawhi, or KD himself etc... He's not that guy.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Well I think this year proved they don’t need to add a star to be competitive. Adding a star would make them world beaters - which is the selling point, that they’d be great, and that they’d be great BECAUSE of that star. They are really good as is.

As as for the older players, yeah they likely aren’t part of the sales pitch (though the foolish part of me holds out hope Lowry would take a cheap one year to fit Giannis before getting a bigger deal the year after). It’s Pascal, OG, Fred, and then a supporting cast of TD, Thomas, and hopefully Hernandez if he impresses this year. Then depth from their picks.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Lowry is going to drop off at some point. Im
            mot really counting for him to be our #1 or #2 option even next year. I don’t really see how we get Beal without trading Siakam and or OG. Giannis is our long shot at superstar free agent, put I’m not confident he will leave MIL or come here.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              Lowry is going to drop off at some point. Im
              mot really counting for him to be our #1 or #2 option even next year. I don’t really see how we get Beal without trading Siakam and or OG. Giannis is our long shot at superstar free agent, put I’m not confident he will leave MIL or come here.
              He will but also looks like his game could age well, so long as he stays healthy. Thinking of guys like Andre Miller and Billups who were good floor generals with a good shot + basketball IQ to keep them effective. A bit of size means they can post up, defend a size up instead of the little quick guys, etc.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• lets go nugs!
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Jokic is the most unique player in the nba.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nuggets are playing a lineup with no Jokic or Murray?
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      Nuggets are playing a lineup with no Jokic or Murray?
                      Nevermind they did it for like 30 seconds lol

Comment

• Man Murray is special too. The Canadian superstar Wiggins was supposed to be.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Where's the Denver D?
                          Going to be a high scoring game
                          F the lakers

Comment

• Refs weak foul calls are killing this game so far

Comment

• What team deserves to be despised more than this version of the lakers?
                              Klutch the tamperers, lebron the tamperer, AD the complicit tampered and look at the way Dwight Howard plays these days and Rondo and Morris

Butthead team....and the refs in their pocket

Comment

• Jokic, Murray and Millsap all with three fouls smh

Comment

Working...
                                X