2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Lol, fuck, that's depressing. Photoshopped?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Sep 21, 2020, 07:11 AM.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Why sub Plumlee into the game with 2 seconds left if you are switching?

I posted this after OG’s buzzer beater against the Celtics...switching with 2-3 seconds left on an out of bounds play can be a recipe for disaster. So many cases of miscommunication leading to an open look to win the game. I can’t believe Davis was that open.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
        Why sub Plumlee into the game with 2 seconds left if you are switching?

I posted this after OG’s buzzer beater against the Celtics...switching with 2-3 seconds left on an out of bounds play can be a recipe for disaster. So many cases of miscommunication leading to an open look to win the game. I can’t believe Davis was that open.
        Plumlee straight-up brain farted on that possession. He was 1 second too slow to react, that's huge when there are 2 seconds for the play.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• They were worried about the lob/pass to Lebron going at the rim is my guess, e.g. AD screening for Lebron or vice versa then Lebron slipping the screen. LAL were only down 1.

But Plumlee was so psyched up for that he had a complete brain cramp when AD just ran 20 feet straight across the floor, 4-6 feet away from Lebron, no screen in sight. I mean Plumlee actually had to veer off to his right to attach himself to Lebron and yell at Grant to switch. Grant of course wasn't switching anything because there was no screen. Unless you're playing a zone (they weren't), you don't just switch for the hell of it. You switch screens. A bunch of twitter people seem to not understand this.

Plumlee straight screwed up. Players like that weren't even allowed on the floor Celtics vs. Raptors. Renewed appreciation for the high level defence and high IQ bball played in that series.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            They were worried about the lob/pass to Lebron going at the rim is my guess, e.g. AD screening for Lebron or vice versa then Lebron slipping the screen. LAL were only down 1.

But Plumlee was so psyched up for that he had a complete brain cramp when AD just ran 20 feet straight across the floor, 4-6 feet away from Lebron, no screen in sight. I mean Plumlee actually had to veer off to his right to attach himself to Lebron and yell at Grant to switch. Grant of course wasn't switching anything because there was no screen. Unless you're playing a zone (they weren't), you don't just switch for the hell of it. You switch screens. A bunch of twitter people seem to not understand this.

Plumlee straight screwed up. Players like that weren't even allowed on the floor Celtics vs. Raptors. Renewed appreciation for the high level defence and high IQ bball played in that series.
            Malone had a short memory. The L is on him:

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Malone had a short memory. The L is on him:

lmao that is hilarious. But the L is still on Plumlee - what is simpler than following your assignment in a straight line across the floor? No screens, no interference, nothing. Literally just run from the elbow to the wing. Plumlee actually screwed that up. Hard to believe.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I gotta say I'm really impressed with this Nuggets team. Getting to the WCF was no fluke, the Clippers didn't just implode, Nuggets are really that good and look like they will to be perennial contenders for a long time. They might be one player away from a championship, and that guy might already be on the roster. A really attractive team if you're a free agent.

Comment

• This whole LeBron MVP talk is just flat out stupid. I love how the media and all these other NBA players just bow to him. They know he's wrong. Say it.

Giannis put up better stats in the reg season, his team finished with the best record in the league and oh he did all that without another superstar like ANTHONY DAVIS on his team. The Lakers last year without AD did not even make the playoffs.

The fact that LeBron got 16 1st place votes is crazy to me.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    This whole LeBron MVP talk is just flat out stupid. I love how the media and all these other NBA players just bow to him. They know he's wrong. Say it.

Giannis put up better stats in the reg season, his team finished with the best record in the league and oh he did all that without another superstar like ANTHONY DAVIS on his team. The Lakers last year without AD did not even make the playoffs.

The fact that LeBron got 16 1st place votes is crazy to me.

It's lebron. I'm too tired to even roll my eyes any more.
                    Who was the best LA player yesterday? Who took the last shot for the game winner?

Comment

• Funniest thing is that Lebron was talking about how Lakers are Anthony Davis's team and now he's mad he's not MVP? that dude...if not for theatrics I would actually like him
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Back against the wall nuggets showed up tonight
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Danny Green really shooting bricks these playoffs, like last season ... maybe he is not a playoff performer.

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post
                            Danny Green really shooting bricks these playoffs, like last season ... maybe he is not a playoff performer.
                            I think we got the best out of both marc and danny. Danny lost his magic last playoffs. Marc lost his this year
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• denver is such a likable team, after the toronto of course

Comment

• as i say that, lakers are on a 5-0 run and cut the lead to 5....

Comment

Working...
                                X