No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I'm talking about. Gotta bounce back after a bad game. Your "all star" can't have 7 straight bad games in the playoffs. Period.

Bam btw is only 23 years old.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hahahahaha FUCK BOSTON
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• The ONLY advantage the Heat have in their series against the Lakers is coaching. I've been sayin this for years now, Erik Spoelstra is a top 5 coach in the NBA. He's elite. I think I have to put him in the top 3 now actually. Anyhow, I'm glad that he's finally getting the respect that he deserves.

Another thing, I didn't know that he started his Heat career in 1995 as a video coordinator. Guy is a legend.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          The ONLY advantage the Heat have in their series against the Lakers is coaching. I've been sayin this for years now, Erik Spoelstra is a top 5 coach in the NBA. He's elite. I think I have to put him in the top 3 now actually. Anyhow, I'm glad that he's finally getting the respect that he deserves.

Another thing, I didn't know that he started his Heat career in 1995 as a video coordinator. Guy is a legend.

Erik is one of their advantages.
          I will add their good shooters and culture to that list.

Comment

• Watching BAM guard AD is an absolute treat. Looking forward to that matchup.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Tatum/Brown are young but the C's have now lost 3 of the last 4 ECF's and something's just missing with that duo. Tatum's got the talent but I don't think he's a killer. Brown's got a bit more nasty in him but he doesn't bring 1A production night in and night out, seems comfortable in the Robin role.
              Tatum's 22
              Brown's 23
              Smart is 26
              Kemba is younger than Lowry.

Intelligent coach, lots of $$$. They win a chip in the next 5 years.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                Hahahahaha FUCK BOSTON
                Unfortunately Boston fucked us..or we fucked ourselves...but love the sentiment....
                fuck Boston.
                today
                tomorrow
                next week
                next month
                next year
                forever...

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Iggy gonna turn back the clock against lebron the tamperer

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Tatum's 22
                    Brown's 23
                    Smart is 26
                    Kemba is younger than Lowry.

Intelligent coach, lots of $$$. They win a chip in the next 5 years.
                    Boston is going to have some cap/money problems, will be interesting to see how they manage it. They are a tax team next year with Tatum making 9 mill and excluding their 3 first round picks. Those 4 guys are great you are right...but they are going to have some money problems.

Comment

• Boston's problem is Kemba Walker's cap hit in the next 3 seasons is over 34, 36 and 37M
                      Like Lowry, he's a huge chunk of payroll if you want to add another quality player

That why I don't understand exactly how the cap works where you can't move off Gasol or Serge and add another ~25M player like a wing-stud (if available).

Comment

Boston's problem is Kemba Walker's cap hit in the next 3 seasons is over 34, 36 and 37M
                        Like Lowry, he's a huge chunk of payroll if you want to add another quality player

That why I don't understand exactly how the cap works where you can't move off Gasol or Serge and add another ~25M player like a wing-stud (if available).
                        It's simple.. Siakam's salary went from $2.3M to about #32M. Fred if kept would get a big huge raise too. Tatum and Brown were on rookie deals when they signed Kemba.

It's why teams like to tank. Get top prospects and pay them next to nothing. Bring in a max contract to play with those guys. It's what Miami did to bring in Butler and another guy potentially in 2021 once their other vet free agents expire. Since Bam, Herro and Robinson will still be on rookie deals by then.

Cleveland surrounded Lebron with guys on rookie deals (Thompson, Kyrie, Waiters). LA did the same last year with Ball, Ingram, Hart. They just ended up trading those guys for Davis.

Philly tried to do that with Butler and Harris to join Embiid and Simmons. They just screwed up their one chance.

Comment

Boston's problem is Kemba Walker's cap hit in the next 3 seasons is over 34, 36 and 37M

It's a soft cap. If you want to sign another team's free agent, you have to be below the cap for the amount you want to sign them for. The cap line is 109M. So to sign a 25M player, you need a team salary around 84M. But the Raptors have a roster that is way above the cap, which teams are allowed to be by re-signing their own free agents (and adding lower salary free agents with the minimum or MLE).

So the Raptors are starting with a salary of about 125M this year. So going into the offseason, you remove the 48M that we paid Serge and Marc this year and that drops to 77M. But Pascal's new salary kicks in, that's a raise of 28M, so we are up to 105M salary. There are some smaller impacts elsewhere that allow the team to potentially drop that figure to about 93M, so we could in theory sign a FA for about 16M if we let FVV and our other FAs walk.

Long story short, the answer is that a team can be way above the cap, and only the room under the cap matters for signing a FA, so very often having expiring contracts does not mean you clear that much actual cap room.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Is it me or does anyone else think the Heat have a solid chance of beating thr Lakers?

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                              Is it me or does anyone else think the Heat have a solid chance of beating thr Lakers?

How are the refs going to screw the Raptors this time? | Raptors, Toronto  raptors, Favorite team

Comment

• A bunch of Dwight human interest stories now and I don't get it. He's at the end of his career and he finally has his head on straight? That's what we're celebrating, a grown man finally not being immature?

His on court production is actually not good. This is the smallest role and lowest production of his career. The only difference is his last few teams were awful, literally no one was watching him nationally, he was forgotten, shows up in LA to out up 7+5 and everybody swoons "Oh yeah, Dwight Howard! He's still alive! Hey, he plays basketball!"

I just don't have much respect for him as a player, wasted a very promising career goofing off.

​​​​
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X