No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That said LA was hot from 3, which they aren't always, and Miami missed some shots they can make. Still think Miami wins 1 or 2 games.

LA hasn't played 1 good defensive team with bigs this whole run. They played one of the league's worst defences in Portland, Houston and Miami defend them with guys smaller than Lebron, and Denver had to put a Plumlee on the floor.

Any chance an LA chip moderates the small ball excitement a bit? I think it might. Raptors had 2 legit C's last year, too.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      That said LA was hot from 3, which they aren't always, and Miami missed some shots they can make. Still think Miami wins 1 or 2 games.

LA hasn't played 1 good defensive team with bigs this whole run. They played one of the league's worst defences in Portland, Houston and Miami defend them with guys smaller than Lebron, and Denver had to put a Plumlee on the floor.

Any chance an LA chip moderates the small ball excitement a bit? I think it might. Raptors had 2 legit C's last year, too.
      We'll find out when Golden State returns next season.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

We'll find out when Golden State returns next season.
        GSW small ball is a myth.
        Their roster has always been composed of long tall players with traditional centers.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          if nobody forms a superteam Lebron might three peat with Lakers
          People are overreacting about the Lakers. This is the easiest championship run of all time. Blazers, Rockets, Nuggets, Heat. Come on lol. All these teams are a joke. The Nuggets are the best of the bunch....by a wide margin too lol.

The Clippers are going to be the favourite to win next season. They still have the BEST player in the world. If they don't win they're gonna be fucked for years. But my favourite to win next year is Golden State.

Brooklyn? meh.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

People are overreacting about the Lakers. This is the easiest championship run of all time. Blazers, Rockets, Nuggets, Heat. Come on lol. All these teams are a joke. The Nuggets are the best of the bunch....by a wide margin too lol.

The Clippers are going to be the favourite to win next season. They still have the BEST player in the world. If they don't win they're gonna be fucked for years. But my favourite to win next year is Golden State.

Brooklyn? meh.
            The West has been soft 2 years in a row now tbh, GS's first 3 opponents were also underwhelming last year.

Comment

The West has been soft 2 years in a row now tbh, GS's first 3 opponents were also underwhelming last year.
              Yup, Clippers, Lakers, Nugs, even Mavs weren't real contenders before this year with all the super team forming or studs emerging

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I dunno, nothing would have been better than to beat kawhi or lebron in the finals for a back to back chip.
                But nothing would have been worse than to lose to Kawhi to confirm his choice of leaving or else be lebronto'd again.
                Without home-court & distractions, bubble ball was all about match-ups. The Heat matched up perfectly with the Bucks. The Celtics long, athletic defenders, matched up perfectly with the Raps. The Nuggets, with a play-making big man, matched up perfectly with the Clippers. Lakers faced crappy defenses and even in the Finals, the Heat aren't a top 10 defense.

All that said: the Raps matched up perfectly with the Lakers. If any team was the Lakers Kryptonite.... it was us. There would be no Lebronto this year. DeRozan is gone, Lowry is no longer afraid or intimidated by Lebron and the rest of the team has championship swagger.

If Gasol had only won his minutes in game 7.......

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Brooklyn? meh.
                  I agree to some extent on the first point about the Lakers having the table set perfectly for them but it is never easy to win 4 series. Just ask the Clippers.

As for the Clippers, they will not be favorites next season without major changes, and unless Lebron is going across town to join them they do not have the best player in the world. As far as I know, they also don't have Luka, Giannis, Harden or Davis, so not sure they have a top-5 player. They do have a terrific part-time elite player who plays when he wants and can give you about 2 playoff series before he needs serious help to win games.

And there's a lot of miles on those GSW guys. It isn't 2017 anymore.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I agree to some extent on the first point about the Lakers having the table set perfectly for them but it is never easy to win 4 series. Just ask the Clippers.

As for the Clippers, they will not be favorites next season without major changes, and unless Lebron is going across town to join them they do not have the best player in the world. As far as I know, they also don't have Luka, Giannis, Harden or Davis, so not sure they have a top-5 player. They do have a terrific part-time elite player who plays when he wants and can give you about 2 playoff series before he needs serious help to win games.

And there's a lot of miles on those GSW guys. It isn't 2017 anymore.
                    I think several teams have a legit title shot next year, much like this year. The parity is not bad right now, even the best teams 'only' have 2 stars instead of 3 or 4 like most of the past decade.

Comment

• This would have been a great window for Kawhi to stay in Toronto godammit Uncle Dennis you bastard

Comment

• How bad is Dragic's injury. Is it something players generally fully recover from? Miami just got it's first taste of being a contender (since LeBron left) so I would imagine if Dragic is not going to be back to 100% they may look at someone like FVV or if they are really ambitious maybe a trade for Lowry. Not sure if either option is possible for them in their current cap situation.

Comment

• Heat's Adebayo, Dragic doubtful for Game 2 of NBA Finals vs. Lakers

And reports say Gasol will check out NBA opportunities first before Europe as plan B

Comment

I think several teams have a legit title shot next year, much like this year. The parity is not bad right now, even the best teams 'only' have 2 stars instead of 3 or 4 like most of the past decade.
                            Despite all the superteams, the 2010s had more different NBA champs (7) than the 00s (6), 90s (5) or 80s (4).

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Heat's Adebayo, Dragic doubtful for Game 2 of NBA Finals vs. Lakers

And reports say Gasol will check out NBA opportunities first before Europe as plan B
                              Kawhi will be calling, 100% for sure.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Despite all the superteams, the 2010s had more different NBA champs (7) than the 00s (6), 90s (5) or 80s (4).
                                lebron kept bailing ....

Comment

Working...
                                X