2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Looks like lebron took my advice of being the bad boys instead. And walked off the court before the game was over
    Jimmy Buckets is so much more likable than he is. Strange but true.

Comment

• 15/5/3/2 with 5 turnovers, -26

17/7/1/2 with 0 turnovers, -1

One of those players is Anthony Davis, the other is Kelly Olynyk
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I wonder what Philly is thinking right now about not finding a way to keep Butler.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          I wonder what Philly is thinking right now about not finding a way to keep Butler.
          Tough choice between Butler and Tobias Harris but seems to have all worked out for Brett Brown and Elton Brand.

Comment

I wonder what Philly is thinking right now about not finding a way to keep Butler.
            He was never staying in Philly. He didn't like the environment there. And I don't think it was just Brown being the coach.

Comment

Not just the Sixers.... the T-Wolves or even the Bulls. From what it sounds like, other than Butler not liking his soft-ass teammates or coaches (Brown, Hoiberg), a major component of his discontent came down to those franchises not willing to give Butler the max 5-year contract he was seeking. Bizarre.

Especially the TWolves.... handing out 5-yr contracts to Wiggins and Towns. They did the same thing, giving a 5-year to Ricky Rubio, but not to Kevin Love.

Comment

• Butler bailing on the Philly and Minny young stars is a huge warning flag re: those players.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Miami is fun but LA seemed mostly not up for that game. Too relaxed up 2-0 and with the injuries. I expect LAL to come out with much better focus + execution and think they wrap up the next 2 games without much of an issue.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Wow. The Heat won the game without Bam and Dragic?!

Bam and Dragic injuries have to be serious. Players normally push through injury in the Finals.....because it's the Finals. So not a good sign for Miami. Lowry last year played with a fucked up thumb that needed surgery.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So LeBron last night finished with 25/10/8 and media are all over him. 25/10/8 is a bad game by his standards I guess lol .We are really taking this dude for granted.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        So LeBron last night finished with 25/10/8 and media are all over him. 25/10/8 is a bad game by his standards I guess lol .We are really taking this dude for granted.
                        Most of what I've read is the media is all over Davis after they were pumping him up for MVP a few days ago.
                        Even the media is getting sick of bron now, he's just not a very likable superstar; their waiting to see which teammate he throws under the bus this time.
                        Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Oct 5, 2020, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Most of what I've read is the media is all over Davis after they were pumping him up for MVP a few days ago.
                          Even the media is getting sick of bron now, he's just not a very likable superstar; their waiting to see which teammate he throws under the bus this time.
                          People always hates on the best players/teams, they always root for the underdog. It's always been that way. The Patriots dynasty/Tom Brady were the most hated team in football every year because they were so good. Notice how people are now cheering for Tom Brady and his Bucs team? because he's now the underdog.

Pat Mahomes is the NFL's new golden boy, everyone loves him. If he wins another Super Bowl, if the Chiefs becomes a dynasty - people are going to be hating on him non stop.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Look at the ratings.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Look at the ratings.
                              I guess people are sick of the NHL even more.

Comment

• NBA finals rating are down, even over the Raptors/GSW finals numbers last year when the Canadian numbers wouldn't have counted.

Why?

-lebron has become boring and predictable. Maybe fans are sick of him having to form super teams to win titles (except Cleveland)
                                -Miami was a Cinderella story but not the dream matchup that Giannis or the Celtics would have been
                                -First two games were not competitive and it looked like a boring sweep was incoming
                                -Certain percentage of fans don't want political messages mixed with their sports yet remaining silent on atrocities in China
                                -Finals up against other sport finals and still others starting up
                                -Bubble and no fan attendance both sucked

Anything else?

Comment

Working...
                                X