X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1
    replied
    Mapko wrote: View Post
    What are you talking about? Calderon & Bargnani =top 5 D (don't we know it?). Esp with DPOY candidate Melo.
    I find Knick fans (most, not all) and writers (most) very delusional.
    Wait till 10-15 games in. The fans and media will turn on Knicks.

Leave a comment:

• Mapko
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Ryan who..I'll I gotta say is Calderon and Bargnani,enough said.
    Good luck with that knick fans,oh yeah,didn't they get rid of Chandler.
    Enjoy the ping pong balls,lottery bound.
    What are you talking about? Calderon & Bargnani =top 5 D (don't we know it?). Esp with DPOY candidate Melo.
    I find Knick fans (most, not all) and writers (most) very delusional.

Leave a comment:

• peanutwoozle
    replied
    stooley wrote: View Post
    The only reason I would say Carmelo is probably not a leader is because his mustache is terrible.
    George Karl seems to think Melo is not a leader. http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/54144...m#.U9K_1PldW9Q

Who am I going to believe, a guy who coached him for most of his career, or some guy on a forum. I think the coach is a more reliable source.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    The only reason I would say Carmelo is probably not a leader is because this WCF Nuggets team and the New York team two years ago that played well all had really good veterans on it that would keep guys in check. This New York team doesn't. I think the teams he's on does well when they are good veteran guys on it.
    the 2 years ago knicks and the knicks just last season were practically the same.

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    stooley wrote: View Post
    The only reason I would say Carmelo is probably not a leader is because his mustache is terrible.
    I agree.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    The only reason I would say Carmelo is probably not a leader is because this WCF Nuggets team and the New York team two years ago that played well all had really good veterans on it that would keep guys in check. This New York team doesn't. I think the teams he's on does well when they are good veteran guys on it.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied

Leave a comment:

• peanutwoozle
    replied
    Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    Are you going to argue that Melo wasn't a leader on those 07-09 Nuggets?
    I will argue that Melo wasn't the leader of the Nuggets of 08-09, Chauncey was.

Leave a comment:

• peanutwoozle
    replied
    imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Nuggets in 2008-09 that went to the WCF had the 8th ranked defense. Were also in the top 10 the previous year.

Melo is not the problem. If you surround Melo with the right personnel you can field a legitimate contender. Melo himself is not a bad defender, he's just OK on that end.
    That is because of Chauncey giving him a piggyback ride.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    ie) the Andrea Bargnani effect
    lol.

it seems it may actually be contagious

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    He is but those night when he puts forth any effort is becoming rarer and rarer and his level of disinterest is getting lower.
    ie) the Andrea Bargnani effect

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    torch19 wrote: View Post
    I honestly think Melo is a good defensive player when he tries.
    He is but those night when he puts forth any effort is becoming rarer and rarer and his level of disinterest is getting lower.

Leave a comment:

• torch19
    replied
    I honestly think Melo is a good defensive player when he tries.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Last season.
    It looks decent...but there are some things that make me raise my eyebrow a bit. Nothing crazy, just hard to believe certain guys are that high.

Garnett is a bit surprising...he looked terrible last year, but I guess he was probably still the Nets best defensive big (Plumlee would be if he was consistent I think). Still, in no world would I count Garnett as a top 5 defensive C last year. Pierce is very surprising...the guy has never really been better than average as a defender. He also played at PF for a lot of last year.

Carter has been fairly solid in recent years as a bench guy. Better than he was for much of the middle of his career as a starting playing heavy minutes, but still surprised he's that high.

That's about all. Aldridge and Nene are a bit surprising, but they're both very solid...just a bit surprised they're that high. And I can't pretend I know anything about Wolters since even when Milly played Toronto it was hard to really pay attention. Still his presence is surprising.

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I don't know - dxRAPM seems pretty solid. Top 5 players at each position (20+ MPG):

C - Garnett, Sanders, M Gasol, Bogut, Howard
    PF - Duncan, NeNe, Gibson, Ibaka, Aldridge
    SF - Iggy, Draymond Green, Pierce, George, Wallace
    SG - Danny Green, Tony Allen, Vince Carter, Shumpert, Sefolosha
    PG - Bledsoe, Rubio, Holiday, Paul, Wolters (6th is Beverley, 7th is Bradley)

Rock solid defenders all.

Melo ranks 55th of 75 SF's. And 290th overall.
    Fair enough.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X