Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vince Carter's Retirement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Siakam is most likely going to get retired by Raptors too.
    Perhaps, but honestly we're years and years of productive results away from that being a reality imo

    Comment


    • G__Deane wrote: View Post

      You were a new fan back then and just remembering the new-fan excitement.
      How do you know that? You don't even know how I define the term "fan". The rest that I didn't quote, that's you. I'm not going to tell you how you feel. You know that.

      I started watching ball during the Bulls/Sonics finals.

      Comment


      • planetmars wrote: View Post

        Yup.. Kyle isn't getting in if Billups doesn't.

        Very similar resumes. Billups doesn't have an Olympic gold, but does have a FIBA championship.
        Billups is getting in. He just needs to wait.

        Comment


        • G__Deane wrote: View Post

          Perhaps, but honestly we're years and years of productive results away from that being a reality imo
          If Raps win it again this year. It's guaranteed.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

          Comment


          • G__Deane wrote: View Post

            Yup, no one should deny how fun it was to watch Vince when he was in Toronto and elevated the Raps in the NBA landscape....til the end when he quit, faked injuries on the court, stopped trying and set the team back 5 years when he forced a bad trade and further legitimized Toronto as a backwater podunk that elite free agents (continue) to shun. Thanks Vince....
            Man, I just assumed everybody in Toronto was so over the VC exit. Looks like you still have some couch time to get it out of your system.





            Comment


            • golden wrote: View Post

              Man, I just assumed everybody in Toronto was so over the VC exit. Looks like you still have some couch time to get it out of your system.




              G deane hates VC-15 more than covid-19
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                He forced a trade. He didn't force a bad trade. That was GM's fault. He didn't set the team back 5 years. Toronto did that all on it's own with shit drafting.
                Fair enough, it was a bad trade made by a bad GM. But Vince was injured, not trying, not dynamic, not motivated as a player. There were concerns that he was washed, not just dogging it on the court. He was under 16 PPG and 3 AST with a FT% (.694) the worst he ever had, even in the 18 subsequent seasons. He was dogging it, man to torpedo the team.

                Immediately after surfacing in New Jersey he was miraculously healthy and motivated again he produced 27.5 PPG and 4.5 AST and FT% (.817). Just look at those incredible number jumps; from washed up to MVP-like.

                It's these damning stats that prove he quit on the team, the fans and his teammates. Beyond, you know he actually telling writers that's what he did....

                He forced a trade that ended up being a bad trade at least partially due to him not giving the GM a decent player to trade....I'm not forgetting that in favour of a nice smile and a dunk contest. And I wouldn't honour it with a jersey retirement either. See if he'd even show up for a wall of fame since he was more famous than great.....

                Comment


                • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                  He forced a trade. He didn't force a bad trade. That was GM's fault. He didn't set the team back 5 years. Toronto did that all on it's own with shit drafting.
                  Ya it was a fuck up by both the F.O and Vince but carter didnt do his trade value any favors either. I dont think you can assign blame to one without acknowledging what the other did to mess the whole thing up.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                    G deane hates VC-15 more than covid-19
                    But not as much as Drake-6.

                    Comment


                    • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                      Ya it was a fuck up by both the F.O and Vince but carter didnt do his trade value any favors either. I dont think you can assign blame to one without acknowledging what the other did to mess the whole thing up.
                      Remember when Mourning was just like "nah fuck that I aint going there, buy me out" and we were all like "oh, ok!"
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        You were a new fan back then and just remembering the new-fan excitement.

                        Apollo wrote: View Post
                        How do you know that? You don't even know how I define the term "fan". The rest that I didn't quote, that's you. I'm not going to tell you how you feel. You know that.

                        I started watching ball during the Bulls/Sonics finals.
                        Just above, you yourself said you were converted to an NBA fans during Carter's run here:

                        "Carter exposed a lot of die hard hockey fans to basketball. He was arguably the greatest entertainer in the NBA during his time in Toronto. For a short time celebrities were showing up for Raptors games in Toronto almost like it were the Lakers. People thought he was going to be the next Jordan. It didn't pan out but some of those die hard hockey fans were converted (including yours truly). His impact on the culture in Canada cannot be denied. That doesn't mean he deserves a Raptors enshrinement but he does deserve a Canadian basketball honor for his contributions to the game in a short time."

                        So you don't think it's a fair assumption that your opinion of Vince and the excitement you experienced were tainted by your new-fan-ness? Tons of puck heads started watching then just as tons more watched this season. C'mon man, old heroes die hard lol

                        Comment


                        • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                          If Raps win it again this year. It's guaranteed.
                          I'd love it. An MIP and two chips in 3 years? Why not but I'd prefer a bit longer career on the team too

                          Comment


                          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                            Ya it was a fuck up by both the F.O and Vince but carter didnt do his trade value any favors either. I dont think you can assign blame to one without acknowledging what the other did to mess the whole thing up.
                            Damn, I just got flashbacks about when this specific topic was debated non-stop for like 5+ years after VC left.

                            Seeing how far we've come, this stuff feels pretty trivial. Just a distant memory we can all chuckle about as part of the struggle to make it to the top of the mountain where we're at now. Right, Deaner?

                            Comment


                            • golden wrote: View Post

                              Man, I just assumed everybody in Toronto was so over the VC exit. Looks like you still have some couch time to get it out of your system.

                              Nah I'm good, I think everyone is over it until they drag out the "retire his number" balloon again.
                              Not everyone has to share the same opinion to be valid. We're world champs, he's less important than ever now.

                              And I don't hate almost anyone I can think of. Life's too short for that. Still fun to discuss valid opinions .... until that's outlawed too.
                              Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Jun 29th, 2020, 02:05 PM.

                              Comment




                              • if we get a statue this should be it. With golden trophy and all of the guys
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X