Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      At Carter's peak I think he was the best at his position for a season and even then he got bullied out of the starting lineup at the all-star game to make way for Jordan in his Wiz farewell tour. The argument at the time being that he was just getting started and would live at the all-star game year in, year out. 20 years later he made it eight times and I bet he wishes he never rolled over. If it were role reversals Jordan would tell him to go fuck himself. lol

AP is for sure a better comparison I think. He's also planning to play FOUR more years (he's 35 right now).
      The pressure on VC to step down was insane at the time. You couldnt tell he didnt want to. Couldnt imagine if it was this era and Twitter was a thing
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The pressure on VC to step down was insane at the time. You couldnt tell he didnt want to. Couldnt imagine if it was this era and Twitter was a thing
        There was a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on too I think. Pre-game they announced it as Vince's decision and they show MJ annoyed. I think he was annoyed that they announced it like this but I could be wrong.

Vince "asked to be replaced" probably because he was done with the drama. He won the vote, that's all that should matter.

Comment

There was a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on too I think. Pre-game they announced it as Vince's decision and they show MJ annoyed. I think he was annoyed that they announced it like this but I could be wrong.

Vince "asked to be replaced" probably because he was done with the drama. He won the vote, that's all that should matter.
          Lmao I never saw that before. The PA announcer worded it poorly. He should have said "this all star wanted to be replaced in the lineup by Michael Jordan" but instead he said "he asked to be replaced by Michael Jordan" making it sound like Jordan asked, not vince

Comment

• I've got Vinces signed Jersey framed hanging on my wall. The guy was my hero. Guaranteed HOFer. Helluva career.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              I've got Vinces signed Jersey framed hanging on my wall. The guy was my hero. Guaranteed HOFer. Helluva career.
              If you asked me in 2001 "most likely all star to be still playing in 2020"..vince would most certainly not have been my guess

Comment

Depends on what you need and who you have. You need someone off the ball then Klay by a mile.
                Iverson was a franchise player in Philly. He's one of the greats. Klay Thompson on the other hand is just a role player.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post

Iverson was a franchise player in Philly. He's one of the greats. Klay Thompson on the other hand is just a role player.
                  Klay Thompson isn't just a role player.

Klay is a severely underrated All-Star.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Honestly comparing him to Dion Waiters makes it look like you only read stats pages. "6th man" lmao, Iverson was still an all star in the Lebron era, stop acting like he's Oscar Robertson
                    I can't believe I'm also defending Iverson, I wasn't really a fan especially when he was the enemy in Philly. But the efficiency criticisms are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Iverson was one of the NBA's greatest players. A few career highlights:

- League MVP
                    - 11 time All-Star
                    - 7 All-NBA teams (three 1st teams)
                    - Led a not very good team to the Finals and poured in 48 points for a memorable road Game 1 win vs a historically great Lakers team (36 PPG for the series)

For his career, led the league in:
                    - MPG (7 times)
                    - PPG (4 times)
                    - SPG (3 times)
                    - FTM (twice)

Also:
                    - FG Missed (4 times)
                    - TO (twice)

Insane usage on that guy. He's 4th all time in the NBA record books for MPG and 7th all time for PPG.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

You're not wrong. Jordan was pizzed.
                        And then Vince flashed the #1 sign

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          I've got Vinces signed Jersey framed hanging on my wall. The guy was my hero. Guaranteed HOFer. Helluva career.
                          Called it

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I can't believe I'm also defending Iverson, I wasn't really a fan especially when he was the enemy in Philly. But the efficiency criticisms are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Iverson was one of the NBA's greatest players. A few career highlights:

- League MVP
                            - 11 time All-Star
                            - 7 All-NBA teams (three 1st teams)
                            - Led a not very good team to the Finals and poured in 48 points for a memorable road Game 1 win vs a historically great Lakers team (36 PPG for the series)

For his career, led the league in:
                            - MPG (7 times)
                            - PPG (4 times)
                            - SPG (3 times)
                            - FTM (twice)

Also:
                            - FG Missed (4 times)
                            - TO (twice)

Insane usage on that guy. He's 4th all time in the NBA record books for MPG and 7th all time for PPG.
                            I've never seen such a combination of speed and endurance. Usage x minutes x effort is maybe the highest of all time. Westbrook and James are his comps.

Oh and while he was carrying teams remember he was 6' tall...any of the other top 20 raw scorers of all time are at least 6'5, maybe 6'6...Curry is 6'3

It's extremely hard to score in the NBA when you get below 6'5

Comment

• "Role player" lmao. This guy will go down as the second greatest shooter ever. People think I'm joking when I said I'd rather build my team around Klay over Iverson? nope. I would take Klay over Iverson in a HEARTBEAT.

If the Warriors won the Finals last year, Klay Thompson would've won the MVP. He was the Warriors best player in the Finals, not Steph Curry.

What if Klay shoots 26 times a game like Iverson? how many points would he average?

"role player"

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                "Role player" lmao. This guy will go down as the second greatest shooter ever. People think I'm joking when I said I'd rather build my team around Klay over Iverson? nope. I would take Klay over Iverson in a HEARTBEAT.

If the Warriors won the Finals last year, Klay Thompson would've won the MVP. He was the Warriors best player in the Finals, not Steph Curry.

What if Klay shoots 26 times a game like Iverson? how many points would he average?

"role player"

If Klay was shooting 26 times per, teams would adjust and stick to him, because he can't create his own shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X