Vince Carter's Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post

There was a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on too I think. Pre-game they announced it as Vince's decision and they show MJ annoyed. I think he was annoyed that they announced it like this but I could be wrong.

Vince "asked to be replaced" probably because he was done with the drama. He won the vote, that's all that should matter.
    Brad Miller was an allstar? Is this an alternate universe?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

He had two more than Kyle Lowry did at age 27.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Jamal Magloire, man.

There were always garbage big men getting into the ASG because of the Centre position, it's why they changed the categories. But - that's also a great reminder for old school heads who argue about the league being better back in the day. Only skilled players get minutes now and that's a fact. For decades you had at least 1 starter, sometimes 2, who were heavy minutes guys who were there just to be big. Stand in the post, get rebounds, contest shots, defend post-ups. If you can't dribble, shoot, or pass, no problem - we've got 28 mpg for you anyway. Honestly, the league was full of these guys. I don't cry at all when I hear Javale MacGee cry about the loss of the big man. The big man isn't lost - look at AD, Embiid, Jokic - the unskilled big man is lost. Put 5 guys on the court who can actually play basketball is an amazingly 'new school' idea, easy to forget how recent that shift was now that it's so widely accepted.

All that said, Brad Miller was a good basketball player and not just a 7 foot stiff.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
          Who's had the bigger impact in Toronto? DeRozan or Vince?
          I would argue Demar wo knowing much about VC since I was 2 young 2 watch back then.

Committed to TO, showed a real good player would do that.

Then bcz of this commitment/his skill development Demar basically turned into Kawhi soooooooo

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

I would argue Demar wo knowing much about VC since I was 2 young 2 watch back then.

Committed to TO, showed a real good player would do that.

Then bcz of this commitment/his skill development Demar basically turned into Kawhi soooooooo
            Bad juju dragging up an old VC thread on playoff game day
            We don't need no quitters!

Go Raps!

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Bad juju dragging up an old VC thread on playoff game day
              We don't need no quitters!

Go Raps!
              Seemed 2 work out ok!

But.

Totes fair ahahh! We don't need VC, just Kawhi-t! That's it! + KLOE ig.

#KAWHI2021 #THEGIANNISPURSUITISASMOKESCREEN

Comment

• 20 years ago today....

I still think it’s the most amazing dunk I’ve ever seen (...even though its impact pales in comparison to Kawhi dunking on Giannis in Game 6 of the ECF.)

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• meh .... quitter-carter

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      20 years ago today....

I still think it’s the most amazing dunk I’ve ever seen (...even though its impact pales in comparison to Kawhi dunking on Giannis in Game 6 of the ECF.)

Look at kg and payton's faces lol. All world basketball players who can do it all, and they look like they're watching a magic trick
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Look at kg and payton's faces lol. All world basketball players who can do it all, and they look like they're watching a magic trick

Comment

Working...
                        X