X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

I would argue Demar wo knowing much about VC since I was 2 young 2 watch back then.

Committed to TO, showed a real good player would do that.

Then bcz of this commitment/his skill development Demar basically turned into Kawhi soooooooo
    Bad juju dragging up an old VC thread on playoff game day
    We don't need no quitters!

Go Raps!

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    Sonny wrote: View Post
    Who's had the bigger impact in Toronto? DeRozan or Vince?
    I would argue Demar wo knowing much about VC since I was 2 young 2 watch back then.

Committed to TO, showed a real good player would do that.

Then bcz of this commitment/his skill development Demar basically turned into Kawhi soooooooo

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post

Brad Miller was an allstar? Is this an alternate universe?
    Jamal Magloire, man.

There were always garbage big men getting into the ASG because of the Centre position, it's why they changed the categories. But - that's also a great reminder for old school heads who argue about the league being better back in the day. Only skilled players get minutes now and that's a fact. For decades you had at least 1 starter, sometimes 2, who were heavy minutes guys who were there just to be big. Stand in the post, get rebounds, contest shots, defend post-ups. If you can't dribble, shoot, or pass, no problem - we've got 28 mpg for you anyway. Honestly, the league was full of these guys. I don't cry at all when I hear Javale MacGee cry about the loss of the big man. The big man isn't lost - look at AD, Embiid, Jokic - the unskilled big man is lost. Put 5 guys on the court who can actually play basketball is an amazingly 'new school' idea, easy to forget how recent that shift was now that it's so widely accepted.

All that said, Brad Miller was a good basketball player and not just a 7 foot stiff.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post

He had two more than Kyle Lowry did at age 27.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post

There was a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on too I think. Pre-game they announced it as Vince's decision and they show MJ annoyed. I think he was annoyed that they announced it like this but I could be wrong.

Vince "asked to be replaced" probably because he was done with the drama. He won the vote, that's all that should matter.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

LOL What'd I miss?
    Just the poster/jersey thing I like of make fun of
    A lot of fans still defending VC because of how fun he was when they were young fans and had his poster Old heroes die hard ....

It balances those of us still not forgetting the way he left so no harm no foul

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Called it
    LOL What'd I miss?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Touche. Klay Thompson and Allen Iverson would make a lethal backcourt
    Lethal to Klay, mostly.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Y'all spend so much time staring at AST% that you forget that somebody on the court has to shoot the rock.
    Touche. Klay Thompson and Allen Iverson would make a lethal backcourt

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/20...hree-pointers/

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1973809

Last year, he got 81% of his buckets assisted on, tied with Brook Lopez and Serge Ibaka, right behind Clint Capela. Year before? 82%, ahead of Danny Green and Clint Capela, just behind JJ Reddick. Year before that 84%, again right up there with the bigs and the catch and shoots guys.

For reference, that year Giannis was 38% buckets assisted on, Lebron 37%, Lillard 31%, Lowry 31%, Derozan 21%. Shot creators. Stephen Curry is usually 45-50%

Guilty until proven innocent. Thompson has had the easiest "secondary scoring" role in perhaps league history, behind the best shooter of all time and the best 7 foot shooter of all time.
    Y'all spend so much time staring at AST% that you forget that somebody on the court has to shoot the rock.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Sonny wrote: View Post

Iverson was a franchise player in Philly. He's one of the greats. Klay Thompson on the other hand is just a role player.
    Iverson couldn't be effective without being in control of the game. Klay is going to the hall of fame as a role player for prolific shooting and strong defense. If you're LeBron or Durant or Kawhi, who do you want to play with: Thompson or Iverson? Point made again.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Klay Thompson can absolutely create his own shot. I think when people look at Klay, people just look at him as just another catch and shoot guy like Reggie Miller. He"s more than that. All you need to do is watch his Game 6 highlights against the Raptors wher e he completely went bonkers.

As it turns out, Thompson is almost never creating those shots for himself, instead benefiting from the playmaking ability of his teammates and his own ability to find open space on the court. Of the 229 three-point shots Thompson hit in the 2017-18 season, all but 11 of them were assisted. That means 95% of the threes Thompson made were assisted, a number just behind catch and shoot maven Kyle Korver (97.6%) and ahead of the likes of J.J. Redick (91.3%).
    https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/20...hree-pointers/

The most famous of Thompson's performances came in December 2016, when the 6-foot-6 shooting guard hit 8-of-14 threes (and went 21-of-33 from the floor overall) for a career-high 60 points against the Indiana Pacers.

Miraculously, Thompson played just 29 minutes on that historic night. He also held the ball for only 90 seconds and took 11 dribbles in total. That's a catch-and-shoot savant if ever there was one.
    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1973809

Last year, he got 81% of his buckets assisted on, tied with Brook Lopez and Serge Ibaka, right behind Clint Capela. Year before? 82%, ahead of Danny Green and Clint Capela, just behind JJ Reddick. Year before that 84%, again right up there with the bigs and the catch and shoots guys.

For reference, that year Giannis was 38% buckets assisted on, Lebron 37%, Lillard 31%, Lowry 31%, Derozan 21%. Shot creators. Stephen Curry is usually 45-50%

Guilty until proven innocent. Thompson has had the easiest "secondary scoring" role in perhaps league history, behind the best shooter of all time and the best 7 foot shooter of all time.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Maybe, as long as he has an iverson to get him the ball.
    Never seen those words used in that combination before.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

The NBA let Iverson get away with carrying the ball. I really noticed that in that Sixers-Raps series.... pissed me off to no end.

The nba let's everybody get away with carrying the ball lol. Iverson did, so does curry, harden, durant...everybody.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Klay Thompson can absolutely create his own shot. I think when people look at Klay, people just look at him as just another catch and shoot guy like Reggie Miller. He"s more than that. All you need to do is watch his Game 6 highlights against the Raptors wher e he completely went bonkers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X