• Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post

Life is too short to dwell on stuff like that. That's just me, sorry I shouldn't have said anything. You do whatever you want to do, don't mind me.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

I don't feel punished at all; I live a truly charmed life and are truly comfortable with having an opinion that's mine.
    My opinion does seem to bother others at an irrationally disproportionate rate tho .... the Quitter-Carter phenomenon ....
    Life is too short to dwell on stuff like that. That's just me, sorry I shouldn't have said anything. You do whatever you want to do, don't mind me.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Not to be confused with "HOFfa", legendary Raptors big
    He was taken ahead of Iggy because he was the best player available. Don't forget it.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    I guess I'm the only one who gave him 10 maybe I should've given him a 9. But my thinking was that 90% of players of his era would gladly have his career. He's HOF and he'll be remembered for years to come.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    HOFer.
    Not to be confused with "HOFfa", legendary Raptors big

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    HOFer.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    So shave off his last seven seasons(stop counting after his age 36 season) and he's still 37th in scoring all time. Name the guy in the top 40 scorers all-time, who is retired and not inducted into that hall?.............Trick question, there is none.

And you're not the only one who he impacted with that stuff. You're punishing yourself though, hanging onto the animosity.
    I don't feel punished at all; I live a truly charmed life and are truly comfortable with having an opinion that's mine.
    My opinion does seem to bother others at an irrationally disproportionate rate tho .... the Quitter-Carter phenomenon ....

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Just looking at a somewhat close comparison in terms of contributions before the wheels fell off: Clyde Drexler. Cylde had to wait five years to get in. I'd guess Vince has to wait at the most two or three.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    So shave off his last seven seasons(stop counting after his age 36 season) and he's still 37th in scoring all time. Name the guy in the top 40 scorers all-time, who is retired and not inducted into that hall?.............Trick question, there is none.

And you're not the only one who he impacted with that stuff. You're punishing yourself though, hanging onto the animosity.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The way you're talking, you didn't sound like someone who thinks he should get in.
    Nope.
    Make no mistake I think Vince was a fine player at one point and his contributions to basketball in Canada and Toronto in particular shouldn't be over looked. I was a huge fan of his at one point and had lived through many years of terrible ball in Toronto before his glimmer of hope.

You don't value the scoring totals and you don't value longevity, which incidentally is a primary reason why some do not make the hall.
    It's not that I don't value scoring totals or longevity at all but rather scoring totals gained substantially through longevity carry less weight with me, as they should for all imo. Scoring titles matter for instance. Championships matter. AS selections matter, just less as it's so subjective and popularity driven.

I don't hate Vince as much as I like to ride him in this forum. I get all the back and forth and excuses and justifications etc but I still hate the way he quit, I think he lower case screwed the fanbase and his teammates over for years and think the adulation some still reserve for him is over the top based primarily on the fandom they had of him at the time ie "he's the reason I started following the Raps"

It's all good.
    Vince likely gets another standing O in TO, fans will get another chance to fawn over him and he'll give us a crocodilian tear and he'll be in the Hall sooner or later. Everyone will be happy .....

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Derrick Rose won MVP something that Vince Carter never did. But VC is guaranteed to be in Hall of Fame and Derrick Rose? Meh prolly not

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    The way you're talking, you didn't sound like someone who thinks he should get in. You don't value the scoring totals and you don't value longevity, which incidentally is a primary reason why some do not make the hall.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Correcting your misinformation doesn't count

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Longevity/journeyman should have ziltch to do with a HOF induction. Should everyone get in who plays 15 years?
    And once AGAIN, stop trying to put words in my mouth; Who said he should be "snubbed"?

My exact quote was:
    "In a very weak draft year, yes" (to the question of do you think he gets in right away). "He'd be a feel good story for the NBA over a player like CWeb
    Should he be first ballot, hell no."
    I thought you were done. I'm confused, the announcement was released and now you've unretired from the conversation? Were you playing baseball? Didn't go too well?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X