Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop Buycks for Marshall?

I would.

Meh....Marshall's productivity was probably inflated in D'Antoni's system. But I guess as a 3rd stringer, just about anybody is fine.

Comment

I'd be fine with either or. Doesn't make a difference cause both are going to ride the bench.

Comment

I saw the same thing and thought - 'hell yes'.

Kendall is at least twice the passer that Buycks is.

My initial thought was 'but he can't shoot his way out of a paper bag'. And then I discovered that his TS% is 49.5% or so. That doesn't sound like much ... and it is the equal of Nando de Colo, and better than Buycks (TS% of 43% or something), Stone, Augustin etc.

It looks like we have $2.7M in cap room until the tax, and he would take $2.0M to pick up ... so that leaves us dangerously close to the tax level. And if our brain trust thinks we can handle it, I would say that's a great use of the space!!

Comment

Lou Williams is more then capable to do more then Buycks or Marshall if asked too.

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
            I saw the same thing and thought - 'hell yes'.

Kendall is at least twice the passer that Buycks is.

My initial thought was 'but he can't shoot his way out of a paper bag'. And then I discovered that his TS% is 49.5% or so. That doesn't sound like much ... and it is the equal of Nando de Colo, and better than Buycks (TS% of 43% or something), Stone, Augustin etc.

It looks like we have $2.7M in cap room until the tax, and he would take $2.0M to pick up ... so that leaves us dangerously close to the tax level. And if our brain trust thinks we can handle it, I would say that's a great use of the space!!
            His contract is a minimum, non-guaranteed $915k.

Anyone can pick him up, I believe. DanH - verification?

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Lou Williams is more then capable to do more then Buycks or Marshall if asked too.
              Exactly.

We're talking 3rd string, pure PG.

Like Buycks, he is only going to play in case of injury or blowout.

I expect Williams to be part of the rotation.

But it would be nice to have a guy at the 3rd string who has had actual NBA success and is still just 22 (well, 23 in a month).

Comment

I would love this move. I'd much rather have a playmaking 3rd PG than another score-first guy.

Marshall isn't that good, but he made himself a good 3PT shooter last year (a hair under 40%), and is great at setting up teammates and running the P&R.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  I would love this move. I'd much rather have a playmaking 3rd PG than another score-first guy.

Marshall isn't that good, but he made himself a good 3PT shooter last year (a hair under 40%), and is great at setting up teammates and running the P&R.
                  Most important.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Most important.
                    Yup, if Lowry does get injured we need another PG that can run the P&R as a passer off the bench. DD and Lou are good in the P&R but are looking to score most of the time. Want to make sure JV, Amir, Bebe, etc get those easy dunks/layups.

Comment

I think it terms of the contribution during practice. It couldn't hurt to have another guy in the gym everyday that moves the ball. It's good for building the culture
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I would prefer Lou to not play a second at PG. People are going to learn VERY quickly how trigger happy this guy is. That is great off the bench at 2 if you're at average-ish efficiency (which Lou has been), but not good if you're trying to run an offense.

Comment

Yup, if Lowry does get injured we need another PG that can run the P&R as a passer off the bench. DD and Lou are good in the P&R but are looking to score most of the time. Want to make sure JV, Amir, Bebe, etc get those easy dunks/layups.
                          Heck, they don't get that enough with our regulars anyway....sometimes watching the Raps run the p'n'r makes me wanna bash my head into a wall.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Exactly.

We're talking 3rd string, pure PG.

Like Buycks, he is only going to play in case of injury or blowout.

I expect Williams to be part of the rotation.

But it would be nice to have a guy at the 3rd string who has had actual NBA success and is still just 22 (well, 23 in a month).
                            But that's still key. If there's one position where you want security it's PG. Definitely would be nice to pick someone up in that 3rd string role.

Comment

I would prefer Lou to not play a second at PG. People are going to learn VERY quickly how trigger happy this guy is. That is great off the bench at 2 if you're at average-ish efficiency (which Lou has been), but not good if you're trying to run an offense.
                              Yeah, I don't really like the acquisition that much in terms of what I wanted to add to the team. A trigger-happy bench guard was low on my list. I wanted a guy with good passing instincts, and who wasn't really a shoot-first player.

But oh well, Williams is talented, and I'm hoping if he plays well he becomes a great trade piece.

Comment

Working...
                              X