Raptors vs Lakers - Offensive Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors vs Lakers - Offensive Preview

Let me know what you think. Looking to do a Part 2 soon with a focus on the defensive end.

Just a suggestion, should be done in order of likely playoff opponent?
    Or are we just assuming they meet in the finals

Comment

Nice job. Covered the most likely sequences the Raptors will use on offense, with the proviso that Kyle and Serge weren't available to participate in the game tape you showed. AD and Lebron improved their play together as the season went along, as I recall, so their D might be more balanced. But you rightly pointed out, the Raptors have a lot of weapons. It will be fun to see what Nurse pulls out, or how he uses Kyle and Serge in the warmup round.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Just a suggestion, should be done in order of likely playoff opponent?
        Or are we just assuming they meet in the finals
        This is their first game of restart. Finals would be bonus. This could be considered an early game thread.

Comment

Gonzz wrote: View Post

This is their first game of restart. Finals would be bonus. This could be considered an early game thread.
          Doh! I was thinking playoffs

Comment

That video showed more runouts than I remember the Raps having all season!

Comment

Kuzma is a soft defender and so is KCP, which actually has a lower D-PIPM than Kuzma. If we continue to explore switches onto those two for Siakam while having both Fred/Gasol/Norm being threats from outside we'll have a solid half court-offence against them. Mix that up with an Ibaka-Lowry pick and roll plus our transition offence and they'll have trouble guarding us.

Defensively I think what we gotta do is be really aggressive on AD (like the blitzing doubles Nurse likes to deploy on opposing bigs/wings), and contest Green's and KCP's outside shot (KCP is actually shooting really well this year compared to other years, probably as a function of playing with Lebron).

All in all they're tough to contain, but they also have a hard time containing us, especially in transition. Should be a fun, probably high scoring first game.

Comment

Gonzz wrote: View Post

While that's an impressive effort, I'm afraid the game thread has already been spoken for...Ahhh...simple times...

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

YOUR PROJECTED STARTING LINE UPS

TORONTO RAPTORS

VS

UTAH JAZZ

One of the most underrated point guards: Mike Conley!!

Rising Superstar Donovan Mitchell!!

Deadeye shooter Bojan Bogdanovic

Defensive stopper Royce O'Neale

Defensive Player of the Year Rudy Go...

HIGHLIGHTS

GAME NOTES

And therein lie the best back to back quotes

Sonny wrote: View Post
                Not sure where to put this but could the NBA and NHL postpone their season like all the football leagues in Italy because of Coronavirus?
                bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I highly doubt it. Corana a weak ass disease, not even ebola levels. Wouldn't even put it in my top 5 disease. Gasolitis is going to have more of a impact on the NBA playoffs then Corana.
                But all seriousness they would play games without fans before the cancelled the season, T.V deals have too much riding on this
                and wow Mixx, did you ever foreshadow well with the clip you chose for Gobert
                Last edited by Jclaw; Tue Jun 30, 2020, 04:11 PM.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                  Kuzma is a soft defender and so is KCP, which actually has a lower D-PIPM than Kuzma. If we continue to explore switches onto those two for Siakam while having both Fred/Gasol/Norm being threats from outside we'll have a solid half court-offence against them. Mix that up with an Ibaka-Lowry pick and roll plus our transition offence and they'll have trouble guarding us.

Defensively I think what we gotta do is be really aggressive on AD (like the blitzing doubles Nurse likes to deploy on opposing bigs/wings), and contest Green's and KCP's outside shot (KCP is actually shooting really well this year compared to other years, probably as a function of playing with Lebron).

All in all they're tough to contain, but they also have a hard time containing us, especially in transition. Should be a fun, probably high scoring first game.
                  Great insights and definitely agree. Will be fun to watch who is able to slow the other down. I will look at LA's attack shortly and how they looked to exploit the Rap's defense.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Doh! I was thinking playoffs
                    All good...first game back for the Raptors, and should be a great one.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

While that's an impressive effort, I'm afraid the game thread has already been spoken for...Ahhh...simple times...

And therein lie the best back to back quotes

and wow Mixx, did you ever foreshadow well with the clip you chose for Gobert
                      This just reminds me nobody was touching Mixx in his prime in 2019-20. He was in a tier unto himself
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

EduBasketball wrote: View Post
                        Let me know what you think. Looking to do a Part 2 soon with a focus on the defensive end.
                        LUV THIS

MAn

I feel v educated about basketball now

DAMN

LAKERS WOW

#WASHEDKING

#2SLOW2PLAYTRANSITIOND

#POWELL>LEBRON

WOWOWOWOW

YOLO

Comment

Working...