Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subtract Salmons, Novak, and DeColo. Add Lou Will and James Johnson...Are we really that much better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    better team on paper? yes. but who knows what bizarre lineups casey will conjure up. good players coming to toronto just end up sucking due to misuse, mismanagement of minutes, or too much of casey thinking so and so is our guy.

i think we'll have a winning record but won't match 48 from last season.
    Chuck Hayes is the only player of bench group I can see DC overusing in appropriately. Even Landry Fields offers something of value off bench.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Chuck Hayes is the only player of bench group I can see DC overusing in appropriately. Even Landry Fields offers something of value off bench.
      Agreed. Hayes is the only one I can see being used too much for my liking. I'm fine with Lou, JJ, 2Pat and GV getting decent minutes.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
        Agreed. Hayes is the only one I can see being used too much for my liking. I'm fine with Lou, JJ, 2Pat and GV getting decent minutes.
        I agree too.. but wait till the season starts and everyone starts playing; i am sure we will add couple of guys to this prestigious list.

Comment

Yup we're alot more better. The problem with those players was that they didn't make a real impact during the game, the only person that really made a impact is De Colo as our third String. Salmons was just horrible after his chicago game and couldn't shoot for his life. Novak was still a good 3 - point shooter but didn't impact our team only adding about 3 points a game ( Casey didin't use him right) . So losing them wouldn't have impacted our team by alot. Now with the news guys like Lou William and James Johnson, they provide some things we need like a reliable potential back up SF ( Could be Landry or Johnson) who can play defense plus adds bench scoring and a toughness mentatilty. Lou Williams can provide us with ball handling , scoring ,and playoff experience. This already makes us one of the best benches in the League with Lou , Vasquez, Landry ( or James) , 2Pat , and Hayes. So I'd say we are alot better
          Nevermind what haters say,
          ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

Like some have already said, whether or not we are marginally better won't depend on the new guys we have signed, but on how much our main guys have improved, specifically Ross and Valanciunas. For the most part, you know what you can expect from our main guys except for those 2. But if they can take that next step and raise their games to the next level (maybe include DD and his defense too), then for sure we will be "that much better."

I'm only worried about our size at Center, we really don't have anybody besides JV to battle the 7 footers.

Comment

jlongs wrote: View Post
              Like some have already said, whether or not we are marginally better won't depend on the new guys we have signed, but on how much our main guys have improved, specifically Ross and Valanciunas. For the most part, you know what you can expect from our main guys except for those 2. But if they can take that next step and raise their games to the next level (maybe include DD and his defense too), then for sure we will be "that much better."

I'm only worried about our size at Center, we really don't have anybody besides JV to battle the 7 footers.
              Bebe is the answer
              Nevermind what haters say,
              ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Would be nice to get some value out of Fields. How could BC pay a ridiculous contract to a guy who shot 40% at the line?
                Where are you getting stats from? Fields shot .562 from the line in his sophomore season.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I feel like people thought we had this top-secret international weapon in De Colo just because we got him from the Spurs. He barely played and had only a flash or two when he did. He won't be missed at all.

Comment

Is GV, Lou , JJ , PP and Bebe better than GV , Salmons, Novak,PP and Hayes.

That is the question that must be addressed. IMO, the 2nd String will score more points and be stronger defensively with JJ and Bebe.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Where are you getting stats from? Fields shot .562 from the line in his sophomore season.
                      Sorry, didn't research just remember his terrible free throw shooting. Something wasn't right with him before we signed him. People blamed Melo and the new offense on LF soph season but his FT% dove too.

Comment

Depends on Casey. We are better on paper but we have seen Casey overuse crappy players time and time again. Looking at this roster though only Hayes fits the bill.

Past Examples:
                        -Rasual Butler, Pietrus, John Lucas, Salmons, Novak, Alan Anderson.

Also, who knows whether Casey gets into a spat with James Johnson again and decides to bench him and barely use him.
                        Last edited by sly2thefox; Wed Jul 23, 2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

sly2thefox wrote: View Post
                          Depends on Casey. We are better on paper but we have seen Casey overuse crappy players time and time again. Looking at this roster though only Hayes fits the bill.

Past Examples:
                          -Rasual Butler, Pietrus, John Lucas, Salmons, Novak, Alan Anderson.
                          Who did you want him to play instead of these scrubs?
                          Myself (March 2014):
                          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Working...
                          X