Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puffer wrote: View Post
    Here's a nugget from Blake's latest story in "The Athletic."

"No back-end rotation option the Raptors have can put nearly as much pressure on the rim as Davis, and since the lack of event-creation in the half-court is the Raptors’ single biggest weakness, he seems like the most natural eighth man in a playoff series."
    wouldn't be surprised to see a little more of this after Nurse and company's examination of game tape over the last 4 months.
    Sadly, golden is probably closer to the truth. There has been evidence since game 1 that Davis made the most sense as 8th man. I'll believe he gets in over McCaw when I see it. But the team's chances in the playoffs could hinge on that, so hopefully Nurse comes to agree with that evidence before it costs us in a series with no margin for error.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If Patrick McCaw will have positive impact in playoff series I might eat a shoe.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

With Gasol playing for a new contract and being in great shape I think/hope he comes out wanting to showcase his full repertoire. Will need another reliable scorer this playoff run for when defenses clamp down on Siakam.

Lowry looks to be in great shape as well and if his shot is dropping from the get go the Raps could make short work of their firs round opponent.

Like Gasol, Ibaka is playing for a new contract as well. I have no evidence of it but I swear he seems to play better when in warm weather cities.

The idea of Siakam playing better than he has all season seems crazy to expect, so I won't. What I am expecting to see though is better chemistry between he and Lowry. Seems like so long ago, but during the season it never felt like they played to their potential when they were sharing the floor.

Comment

There's not going to be a season guys. Don't get your hopes up. Team sports in N. America won't resume until this virus is under control.

I keep saying Fall 2021. I'm going to stick with that timeline.

Comment

I'm worried Norm and Serge both play better in a groove and can fall out of it. Hope they hit the ground running.

Not worried about the other guys at all. It is weird they'll have 4 months but won't have had access to the normal offseason developmental resources. I'm not sure what that'll look like. But with the young guys mentioned here - yeah, you'd expect 1-3 of them to show improvement.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

People really worried about Serge? The guys been around a decade plus, he punches the clock and gets you 16 and 8, then goes home and makes beef penis for a hot chick.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I think Nurse takes another leap too. He made some mistakes in last years playoffs. Having Kawhi on the bench too long against Orlando for example. Took a while to make adjustments against the Bucks. Couldn't really figure out a way to create offense against the 76ers but got through it anyway.

He's probably going to come up with some really cool and interesting plays. Had so much time watching film during the break. I'm looking forward to what he does.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Sadly, golden is probably closer to the truth. There has been evidence since game 1 that Davis made the most sense as 8th man. I'll believe he gets in over McCaw when I see it. But the team's chances in the playoffs could hinge on that, so hopefully Nurse comes to agree with that evidence before it costs us in a series with no margin for error.
                  That's my worry. In the regular season we can get away with playing McCaw over Davis but in the playoffs that can be the difference between winning and losing if Nurse doesn't get it together. Especially this playoffs with us not having a superstar talent, because the further we move up in each round the more talented teams will get. Once teams start to become more talented than us our room for error will be zero and playing Patrick McCaw is definitely an error.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post

That's my worry. In the regular season we can get away with playing McCaw over Davis but in the playoffs that can be the difference between winning and losing if Nurse doesn't get it together. Especially this playoffs with us not having a superstar talent, because the further we move up in each round the more talented teams will get. Once teams start to become more talented than us our room for error will be zero and playing Patrick McCaw is definitely an error.
                    The optimist in me says that's what the first round is for, to learn those lessons. We'll see.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      If Patrick McCaw will have positive impact in playoff series I might eat a shoe.
                      McCaw is gonna test positive and have to leave the bubble. How's that for being positive?

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

The optimist in me says that's what the first round is for, to learn those lessons. We'll see.
                        Same
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

danh wrote: View Post

flagged.
                          ahahahahhahhahahaahhahah

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post

Same
                            oh shit GLF back

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I think Nurse takes another leap too. He made some mistakes in last years playoffs. Having Kawhi on the bench too long against Orlando for example. Took a while to make adjustments against the Bucks. Couldn't really figure out a way to create offense against the 76ers but got through it anyway.

He's probably going to come up with some really cool and interesting plays. Had so much time watching film during the break. I'm looking forward to what he does.
                              The Sixers series is the perfect example of a carry. Kawhi carried the entire team to the next round, including Nurse. Nurse is a very good and adaptable coach though, so he'll bring out his usually funky plays that will end up working somehow.

This will be interesting for the entire NBA. Who knows how many players come out and show they improved in the last few months. Some players may have gotten worse as well.

We got about 3 weeks left...

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

The Sixers series is the perfect example of a carry. Kawhi carried the entire team to the next round, including Nurse. Nurse is a very good and adaptable coach though, so he'll bring out his usually funky plays that will end up working somehow.

This will be interesting for the entire NBA. Who knows how many players come out and show they improved in the last few months. Some players may have gotten worse as well.

We got about 3 weeks left...
                                Eh bruh people are really talking you down in the Vince Carter thread

Comment

Working...
                                X