No announcement yet.

GAME #1 : Toronto Raptors 94 - Houston Rockets 83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a question. Is it true that the Raptors are going to have new uniforms and logo next year? what do you think the logo and uniforms would look like? and when are they going to unveil it?

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
      I've been looking for an alternative to cable as well. I've had it for years, but all I really watch on traditional cable is sports (everything else, including news, you can get on Netflix and Amazon Prime these days), so it seems a bit of a waste.

The problem is all the alternatives kinda suck. On League Pass you can never watch live because of game blackouts (gotta wait 3hrs after the game is over sometimes), and TSN/SN online subscription is the opposite: You have to watch live because they have no PVR/replay, not to mention the iterface is clanky/buggy. So basically if someone wants the flexibility to watch either live or later on, you either need cable, or BOTH SN/TSN direct AND league pass, which also feels like a waste.

What would be really nice is if there was a stable service streaming in 4k, live, and storing the games for a day or two for people wanting to catch it later (either directly from the NBA or a TV channel), with different subscription tiers (like, single team, all games, playoffs etc..). I think it'd be a big hit. As it is though, no wonder so many people go look for pirate streams.
      I hear you. I subscribe to NBA League Pass and TSN/Sportsnet direct and cut cable. Paying less than cable but as you say it’s not perfect. My kid is a basketball fan and old enough to turn on the Apple TV and click on either app but young enough I don’t want him looking through nba reddit for streams and stumbling upon something. I kind of think Bell/Rogers doesn’t want their direct subscription service to succeed and us to all go back to cable. Ain’t gonna happen.

I do like DAZN’s interface and you can pause a game but they just don’t have NBA. The tech exists and I think a lot of people would be willing to pay a reasonable cost.

Comment

Sonny wrote: View Post
        I got a question. Is it true that the Raptors are going to have new uniforms and logo next year? what do you think the logo and uniforms would look like? and when are they going to unveil it?
        Some look OK but there are entirely too many new ones every year, looking to fleece fans far too often.

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...s-new-uniforms

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Comment

Comment

haha they looked bored already

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I hear you. I subscribe to NBA League Pass and TSN/Sportsnet direct and cut cable. Paying less than cable but as you say it’s not perfect. My kid is a basketball fan and old enough to turn on the Apple TV and click on either app but young enough I don’t want him looking through nba reddit for streams and stumbling upon something. I kind of think Bell/Rogers doesn’t want their direct subscription service to succeed and us to all go back to cable. Ain’t gonna happen.

I do like DAZN’s interface and you can pause a game but they just don’t have NBA. The tech exists and I think a lot of people would be willing to pay a reasonable cost.
                  I was gonna cut cable too and go tsn and sportsnet streaming. Add to crave/HBO, Netflix, Amazon..I did the math and I'd save about 60 a month. Then I called my cable provider and all of a sudden they're able to shave 50 a month magically off my bill, AND upgrade my wifi to unlimited. Ok. So I stuck around for the convenience. I'm month to month, and the ease and convenience of sports packages with pvr on my traditional telus guide is the only thing keeping me around.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

I was gonna cut cable too and go tsn and sportsnet streaming. Add to crave/HBO, Netflix, Amazon..I did the math and I'd save about 60 a month. Then I called my cable provider and all of a sudden they're able to shave 50 a month magically off my bill, AND upgrade my wifi to unlimited. Ok. So I stuck around for the convenience. I'm month to month, and the ease and convenience of sports packages with pvr on my traditional telus guide is the only thing keeping me around.
                    Same here. Somehow I got their best internet package and a much better tv package for ~$50 less per month. And like you, when I actually ran the numbers for what I needed/wanted from sports streaming services, I didn't see the big cost savings I thought I would cause it's death by $20 cuts.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

My decision came when Rogers all of a sudden wouldn't extend my discounted rate. First time I've ever pushed on that and gotten a hard no. So I dropped cable entirely and upgraded my internet, saved $85 a month compared to the new non-discounted rate ($45 compared to the old one...), and then added Sportsnet and TSN, both of which I'll cancel most summers.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I started a "pick three" Fantasy basketball league for the eight game restart season. Everyone is welcome to join.

I just started a league thread here: https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...ng-this-sunday

I will also be running something for the NBA playoffs.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

My decision came when Rogers all of a sudden wouldn't extend my discounted rate. First time I've ever pushed on that and gotten a hard no. So I dropped cable entirely and upgraded my internet, saved $85 a month compared to the new non-discounted rate ($45 compared to the old one...), and then added Sportsnet and TSN, both of which I'll cancel most summers.
                          This was my experience too. I called to cancel, they gave me the discount for a year or two and then this last time the "discount" was poop. The other thing that is starting to happen is that cable providers are losing core sports content to subscription providers like DAZN: NFL, Premier League, and International basketball. I remember trying to watch a Canada qualifier on cable and couldn't do it. If I'm paying big bucks for cable I expect to be able to access everything.

Cable also wouldn't let me cancel my service for 2-3 months after basketball was over but with I cancelled TSN Direct throughout the pandemic and have it started back up now.

Comment

Blue Jays and Raptors tomorrow. Whaaaaa?! Let's Go!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

(Exhibition) Game Day!
                              I can't wait !!!!

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I'm uninformed about these services - do you get all raptor games without blackouts? I don't have cable at all right now but I've reached a point where I might be willing to pay for convenience rather than hunting down shitty reddit streams.

Comment

Working...
                                X