KYLE LOWRY

FRED VAN VLEET

OG ANUNOBY

PASCAL SIAKAM

MARC GASOL

VS

HOUSTON ROCKETS

BEFORE WE LEFT NOTES

• Norman Powell scored a game-high 31 points Mar. 8 at Sacramento. Powell has now scored 30+ points in consecutive games (Mar. 5-8) for the first time in his career, including a career-high 37 points Thursday at Golden State. He is averaging 37.0 points and is shooting .571 (24-42) from the field, including 50 per cent (10-20) from three-point range, over the last two games. Three of Powell’s four career 30-point outings have come this season.

• Toronto is currently 9-3 on the road vs. the Western Conference. The Raptors are the only Eastern Conference team to finish with a +.500 record on the road against the west in each of the last five seasons (2015- 20). Since the start of the 2015-16 campaign, Toronto is 44-28 (.611) when facing a Western Conference opponent away from Scotiabank Arena.

• Pascal Siakam is averaging career highs of 23.6 points and 7.5 rebounds through 52 games played this season. Only two players in Raptors history have finished a season averaging at least 23.0 points and 7.0 rebounds: Chris Bosh in 2009–10 (24.0, 10.8) and Kawhi Leonard in 2018–19 (26.6, 7.3).

• OG Anunoby finished 12 points and two rebounds Sunday at Sacramento. Anunoby has now scored in double figures in a career-high six straight games (Feb. 25 - Mar. 8). He is averaging 16.0 points and is shooting .565 (35-62) from the floor, including 52 per cent (13-25) from three-point distance, during this span. Anunoby scored a career-best 32 points Mar. 1 at Denver.

• Norman Powell and Kyle Lowry scored 31 and 30 points, respectively, Sunday vs. the Kings. The duo became just the fifth starting backcourt to each score 30 points in a game for Toronto, joining Lowry and DeMar DeRozan (four times), Mike James and Morris Peterson (twice), Vince Carter and Jalen Rose (once) and DeRozan and Cory Joseph (once). Over the last five games (Feb. 28 - Mar. 8), Lowry and Powell have combined to average 52.4 points.

• The Raptors have not lost games on consecutive days since Dec. 26–27, 2017 (at Dallas and Oklahoma City). Toronto has played 30 pairs of games on back-to-back days since then (not including the current back-to-back set), sweeping both games 12 times and splitting 18 times.

HIGHLIGHTS

This will be the first tune up game. I'm guessing sort of like preseason. Sorry for mistake.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Quick fix, great job. You made my day when I saw an actual game tread. Cheers 🦖🍻

Comment

I assume this will be televised, because there will be demand lol
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        I assume this will be televised, because there will be demand lol
        Hope so too lmao
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Your last post seems like it was another lifetime ago. Insert Welcome Back Kotter music here.

Comment

i thought you should have left the laker game thread up and let one of the first or second year posters take care of the scrimmages, see if they deserve a look in the post season.

can you still start the laker game thread if we lose a scrimmage?

Comment

I like Spicy P's new gear.

Comment

So Bruno is 4 days away from being 4 days away?! 🤣

Comment

lol Bruno. Still an idiot

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    lol Bruno. Still an idiot
                    Same boat as Richaun Holmes, solo quarantining for 8 days now because he went and got an outside food delivery

Comment

Same boat as Richaun Holmes, solo quarantining for 8 days now because he went and got an outside food delivery
                      Some NBA players are like dumb teenagers. They don't listen very well & purposely ignore instructions. This is gonna be the real challenge in the bubble, one careless mistake & you can infect everyone.

Beside's food, you know they gonna try to sneak in weed, friends & women to their hotel rooms.

Comment

this shit blows my mind. how fucking hard is it to stay in a room for 36 hours?

edit - he was passed the initial quarantine. just really needed that takeout enough to leave the campus.

this shit ain't gonna work unless they're able to discipline this kind of stupidity/selfishness
                        Last edited by chris; Mon Jul 13, 2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Some NBA players are like dumb teenagers. They don't listen very well & purposely ignore instructions. This is gonna be the real challenge in the bubble, one careless mistake & you can infect everyone.

Beside's food, you know they gonna try to sneak in weed, friends & women to their hotel rooms.
                          This is not a popular thing to say, but I'm gonna say it anyway. Why not bring a bunch of women into the bubble?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

This is not a popular thing to say, but I'm gonna say it anyway. Why not bring a bunch of women into the bubble?
                            Because then they all have to get tested regularly too, and fully accommodated because you can't have them walking in and out whenever. The NBA isn't footing the bill for that many extra rooms, meals and tests

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

SSSSHhhhhhhhhh .....
                              Who says they're not in there?

Comment

Working...
                              X